Nassua Beaches

ALS1214

Hello,

My hubby and I will be on Breakway Feb 14-21. We have never been to Nassua and want to know what beaches are nice and not too far from ship. Is their facilities to use at the beaches. Also what shops are great to visit. Is their any good tours like Rum factory etc that are not too expensive?

Hopefully the weather will e warm enough to swim. What has been people's experience with Bahamas weather in mid February.

Is there any place to absolutely stay away from?

Thanks

Edited by ALS1214

Cab to Cabbage Beach, walk to Junkanoo beach (15 mins), lots of high end shops right downtown near the terminal. Get a day pass at one of the hotels and you'll get food, pool and facilities.

Check on the PORTS OF CALL boards for Nassau you'll get a lot of information over there.

Hello,

My hubby and I will be on Breakway Feb 14-21. We have never been to Nassua and want to know what beaches are nice and not too far from ship. Is their facilities to use at the beaches. Also what shops are great to visit. Is their any good tours like Rum factory etc that are not too expensive?

Hopefully the weather will e warm enough to swim. What has been people's experience with Bahamas weather in mid February.

Is there any place to absolutely stay away from?

Thanks

I've been there quite a few times and will be going again in May. Not my favorite place. You will hear from people to get a day pass to the British Colonial Hilton, but I wouldn't recommend that. The "Beach" is in the harbor and is very small and man-made. It's not on the open ocean, but the pool there is nice, however. Also do NOT under any circumstances go to Junkanoo Beach which is just past the BCH. The beach was disgusting when we went and had broken glass and trash all over the place. It's more of a local hangout.

I would recommend taking a taxi to Paradise Island Beach Club. Their beach is very nice and is free. You will have to pay to use a lounger though. Another place would be an excursion to the Blue Lagoon. I've heard that is a great place as well.

Skip the beach, you can do beaches anywhere. Nassau is an island of beautiful people, rich with history and culture. Do this: http://trubahamianfoodtours.com/

We did that tour. A LOT of standing around in the heat listening to a guide who would not stop talking. (Sadly for us, we did not have the owner that day. Perhaps she does a better job.) After the first two stops. it's very little food. The one good thing we did get out of the tour was the first food stop, which we went back to on a return to Nassau and had a full lunch, and which I highly recommend: Bahamian Cookin' . Easy walk from ship. wonderful food! Don't miss the conch fritters, mac 'n cheese, and homemade lemonade.

http://bahamiancookin.com/

Bahamian%20Cookin%20lunch%201024x768_zpsqnwbakjd.jpg

(photo by turtles06)

I have no problem with junkanoo beach! I have been there 5 times! Google TripAdvisor. The number one thing to do in the Bahamas is this little place right there good drinks! The guy is a hoot and the beach is free!

We Did Junkanoo last Sept. It was the perfect beach day, staff was great and we were not pestered by local peddlers all day. We all talk about our next trip back to Nassau and it is on top of list.

• 2 months later...