New Oasis class perks for some cabins

Curious about this new story..

http://www.cruisecritic.com/v-5/news/news.cfm?ID=6779&UTM_Source=Social&UTM_Medium=Facebook&UTM_Campaign=News&UTM_Content=Royal

It starts Nov 2016. Do you think if we are already booked Harmony March 2017 Boardwalk that we will also get these perks or is it for new bookings only? The story doesn't say?? I am hoping so!! :)

Thanks, we have a Central Park balcony cabin on Harmony in December, 2016.

I notice the wording is Central Park "View". I wonder if they are only referring to those window cabins? Same for Boardwalk view? Hopefully, we will get more information. If that applies to us, it would be great!

I notice the wording is Central Park "View". I wonder if they are only referring to those window cabins? Same for Boardwalk view? Hopefully, we will get more information. If that applies to us, it would be great!

Yes that does refer to the CV and BV cabins which are typically harder for Royal to sell. Disappointed that it's not the balcony cabins. Hopefully a mistake in the article but I doubt it.

Yes that does refer to the CV and BV cabins which are typically harder for Royal to sell. Disappointed that it's not the balcony cabins. Hopefully a mistake in the article but I doubt it.
RCCL.com states,

"PARK VIEW BALCONY

Nestled within the gardens of Central Park, Park View Balcony accommodations connect you with nature, serenity and each other. Every day and night reveal a new delight with exclusive EAT • DRINK • PLAY complimentary amenities available only to Park View Balcony guests."

followed by

"*New EAT.PLAY.DRINK complimentary amenities for Neighborhood balconies on OA Class ships are available for sailings beginning in November 2016"

I think they make it clear it is for Central Park Balcony cabins and Boardwalk Balcony Cabins.

Here's the link to the Royal Caribbean Website Page.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/harmonyoftheseas/staterooms/?cid=sf19696519+sf19696519&cid=sf19708721

This RCI page says "Savor Italian trattoria fare at a complimentary lunch for two at Giovanni’s Table", but the Cruise Critic page says "cruisers with views of Central Park will enjoy lunch for two at Jamie's Italian on Harmony of the Seas or Giovanni's Table on Oasis and Allure of the Seas". The Harmony deck plans still show Giovanni's Table in Central Park and I can not fine Jamie's Italian. Does anyone know if Giovanni's is being replaced by Jamie's?

So glad we booked CP instead of BW since we would not want the soda package nor JR hamburgers for lunch, though JR milkshakes are good, but probably not included.

Edited by Tagsalong

Those rooms must have a lot of trouble selling. Can't say I'm too surprised, really.

That could be. For our upcoming Allure cruise, we got a CP balcony for the price of interior (GGG sale)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That could be. For our upcoming Allure cruise, we got a CP balcony for the price of interior (GGG sale)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I mean from a business perspective there would be no incentive for them to offer these deals if those cabins were already hot sellers. I know they sell out for most cruises, but that's mainly because they go on heavy discounts in the weeks leading up to the cruise. Looks like RC is trying to persuade people to book them early at full cost by tossing back some perks that don't eat at their bottom line like a discount would. If this doesn't do the trick, you'll likely see them decrease the price of those cabin classes across the entire Oasis fleet to try and reach the highest price point that'll always sell them out.

I like this! I have a CP Balcony booked for the Harmony in April 2017. I don't care about the wine, but a complimentary lunch at Jamies Italian will be a nice little perk. Makes you feel valued (although I know it's just because they must have trouble selling the CP balcony).

The freebies they offer are already built into the inflated price of the cabins - especially with all of the recent price increases and ongoing bogus "sales" they have..........they are resorting to the same thing many department stores do - the advertised $90 shirt or dress for "only $14.99". Or the "buy one - get one free" pitch. Really?

I Just went to Royal's Press Centre (Center) Site

It states:

"Families vacationing together on Harmony of the Seas, as well as Oasis of the Seas and Allure of the Seas, will be able to take advantage of the new collection of added benefits to balcony staterooms overlooking the Central Park and Boardwalk outdoor neighborhoods. Starting in November 2016, the signature views will be complemented and enhanced with amenities that feature the best of what each neighborhood has to offer."