Booking Confirmation

elkay68

I have booked through an online TA, first time using them. I asked if I can have a copy of the booking confirmation directly from HAL, not the invoice from the agency. Has anyone else experienced this? I have another cruise on Celebrity, booked through another agency and they automatically send me the booking confirmation from Celebrity.When I log into HAL I see the reservation so I know it is there. So I guess I am just curious:)

I do not know why they can't or won't. I asked for it and was told that she can't send me the invoice from HAL? Like I said I atleast see the reservation when I log into HAL and the charge for the deposit came from HAL and not the TA.

The invoice may show the commission amount paid to the TA and they may not wish to share that information. Or it may show a lower cost pp than they actually charged the guest. I don't know if either is the case but wonder if maybe?

Edited by sail7seas

The invoice may show the commission amount paid to the TA and they may not wish to share that information. Or it may show a lower cost pp than they actually charged the guest. I don't know if either is the case but wonder if maybe?

That's a possibility but they should be able to get one showing their fare. When I used a ta I always was able to get the Hal invoice.

I have booked through an online TA, first time using them. I asked if I can have a copy of the booking confirmation directly from HAL, not the invoice from the agency. Has anyone else experienced this? I have another cruise on Celebrity, booked through another agency and they automatically send me the booking confirmation from Celebrity.When I log into HAL I see the reservation so I know it is there. So I guess I am just curious:)

As a TA I can tell you that HAL has both a guest copy and an agency copy of the confirmation. There's a few differences, but the biggest is that commission only shows on the agency copy, not the guest copy (and for those of you that book yourselves, what you get is the guest copy too)

What may be happening is that agency has a service fee of some kind built into their pricing...? Don't know that's the case but if they did, then you could see, say a total cruise price on the HAL guest copy of $2000 but if the agency charged you $2100 or $2200 it can start some awkward exchanges between agency and client. My agency doesn't personally charge any extra fees, but if I had to explain every day why we billed more than HAL's invoice said... it would get old after a while.

That all said there could be a good reason if they're charging more. Maybe they provide additional services, support, include insurance or other benefits. Or maybe they charge you extra but then just roll it into some onboard booking gifts like OBC or other things so they look like they're offering something others aren't (even if in reality you could have booked with HAL and bought yourself some OBC all on your own)... OR... on the flipside, the agency may just be greedy and want to try and get extra money out of their clients. There's no way to know for sure unless you call the agency and they give you an honest answer as to the reason why.

Hope maybe that helps provide some insight (albeit very generalized and all over the place)

Edited by InTheWASide

As a TA I can tell you that HAL has both a guest copy and an agency copy of the confirmation. There's a few differences, but the biggest is that commission only shows on the agency copy, not the guest copy (and for those of you that book yourselves, what you get is the guest copy too)

What may be happening is that agency has a service fee of some kind built into their pricing...? Don't know that's the case but if they did, then you could see, say a total cruise price on the HAL guest copy of $2000 but if the agency charged you $2100 or $2200 it can start some awkward exchanges between agency and client. My agency doesn't personally charge any extra fees, but if I had to explain every day why we billed more than HAL's invoice said... it would get old after a while.

That all said there could be a good reason if they're charging more. Maybe they provide additional services, support, include insurance or other benefits. Or maybe they charge you extra but then just roll it into some onboard booking gifts like OBC or other things so they look like they're offering something others aren't (even if in reality you could have booked with HAL and bought yourself some OBC all on your own)... OR... on the flipside, the agency may just be greedy and want to try and get extra money out of their clients. There's no way to know for sure unless you call the agency and they give you an honest answer as to the reason why.

Hope maybe that helps provide some insight (albeit very generalized and all over the place)

If the agency is charging an extra fee wouldn't that fee show up by comparing the price OP paid with the HAL price on their website?

I always compare the price on the HAL website with my TA provided invoice which is significantly less than the price on the HAL website.

Edited by RocketMan275

I have received the quest copy for HAL and other lines when booked through other TA's. I will be a bit more specific and ask for the guest copy that HAL provides to the agency. Your explanation was quite helpful.

There are actually two invoice confirmations issued by HAL. One is the passenger version and the other the TA version with all the commission information on it. My on line TA has always provided their invoice and HAL's passenger version. Once they messed up and attached the wrong version. Interesting.

Edited by Randyk47

Ok I emailed then this morning asking specifically for the passenger invoice/confirmation. In the email I said that to my knowledge HAL sends out two invoices one for the customer and one for the agency.....I know that they charged a fee, but give it back as OBC so we already had that conversation😀

Ok I emailed then this morning asking specifically for the passenger invoice/confirmation. In the email I said that to my knowledge HAL sends out two invoices one for the customer and one for the agency.....I know that they charged a fee, but give it back as OBC so we already had that conversation

Please let us know if you receive it. You have us now interested. :)

Well emailed the the TA this morning, 2 separate emails, 1 about this issue, the other another question I had. She responded to the "other" question have yet to hear back on the booking invoice:) maybe she is working on it.