Paid Upgrade Fairy visited us

1100 and 9256 were already gone, and both being occupied by members of our thread. They are both D+ members. Nice cabins! :)

And no, the Pinnacle would have taken an upgrade on his D1 aft. He is not in a corner aft. As I mentioned, the upgrade fairy seems to work in mysterious ways, known only to her.

I am marking "do not upgrade" for our August B2B Alaska in 9256 as soon as I complete next two cruises in a few weeks. Won't give that D cat balcony up!

I would add 8168 to that list....

I didn't get a call but the fish site showed an X category Balcony Guarantee opened up for our Radiance Hawaii cruise this coming April. We were in an outside cabin, managed to move up to an E3 balcony (they assigned right away) for $190. Plus our TA got us an additional $125 OBC for whatever current promo is going on so just $65 to move up. We are happy, Marie loves eating breakfast on the balcony when we are in the islands. :D

Emmy, I believe my upgrade profile is set to no boardwalk or park upgrades.

Colorado Babe, the total upgrade price was $1050. We went from 7190 (? D8) to the two bedroom Aqua suite. I think it was a great deal since someone on my roll call called about the suite in the last few days and the were quoted a total price of at least $7000 more than what we paid.

LOL!! :p :p

The actual upgrade fairy (the freebie one ;)) upgraded us on our Serenade cruise coming up in a week. I went in to print luggage tags and found my cabin number changed! Went from D1 to JS. Our very, very first ever upgrade in over 10 years of cruising! :) Weird thing was 2 others on our thread (all of us D+) went from D1 to JS and we were ALL in center hump cabins (close to elevators, centrum, etc.). One Pinnacle with a D1 in the aft did not get upgraded.

As in real estate, location, location, location??

I think you've hit the nail on the head. We were on the Brilliance TA a few years ago and were bypassed for a JS to GS upgrade - the couple who were upgraded had a mid ships JS, as I recall. And many people were offered a change over to Jewel's TA with huge incentives - all with mid ships/hump locations. There was a large group (over 1000) onboard and I think they were trying to make their guests as comfortable as possible.

LOL!! :p :p

The actual upgrade fairy (the freebie one ;)) upgraded us on our Serenade cruise coming up in a week. I went in to print luggage tags and found my cabin number changed! Went from D1 to JS. Our very, very first ever upgrade in over 10 years of cruising! :) Weird thing was 2 others on our thread (all of us D+) went from D1 to JS and we were ALL in center hump cabins (close to elevators, centrum, etc.). One Pinnacle with a D1 in the aft did not get upgraded.

As in real estate, location, location, location??

Woohoo, lucky ducks. Congrats.:D

That's awesome!! Enjoy your Aqua Suite!! It seems like a lot of cruisers are getting lucky this week! :D

I'm wondering if the fairy is more active than usual lately due to zika virus cancellations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Emmy, I believe my upgrade profile is set to no boardwalk or park upgrades.

Colorado Babe, the total upgrade price was $1050. We went from 7190 (? D8) to the two bedroom Aqua suite. I think it was a great deal since someone on my roll call called about the suite in the last few days and the were quoted a total price of at least $7000 more than what we paid.

You got an awesome deal--woo hoo!

I had a direct center hump D1 cabin deck nine, was set for automatic upgrade, and was upgraded to a JS deck 10. I was shocked and thrilled! :)

I had thought the fairy had lost our address, then just when all hope was gone...there she was. ;)

Awesome Island Lady!

I didn't get a call but the fish site showed an X category Balcony Guarantee opened up for our Radiance Hawaii cruise this coming April. We were in an outside cabin, managed to move up to an E3 balcony (they assigned right away) for $190. Plus our TA got us an additional $125 OBC for whatever current promo is going on so just $65 to move up. We are happy, Marie loves eating breakfast on the balcony when we are in the islands. :D

Nice!! Enjoy! Love the islands, and balcony is indeed the way to go!