Rome Transfer to City Center from Port

gorge girl

We will be on the Royal Princess and disembarking in Rome in early June. Am figuring out transportation from the Port to our Hotel in Rome and noticed that Princess does transfers to the "City Center". Does anyone have any idea of where you be dropped off in the City Center. I'm assuming it would be easy to get a taxi from there to our hotel. We've been to Rome before and just trying to decide the easiest way to get to our Hotel after the cruise. It may work out better to share a ride with someone from our roll call but thought I would put the question out.

Thanks for your help.

We will be on the Royal Princess and disembarking in Rome in early June. Am figuring out transportation from the Port to our Hotel in Rome and noticed that Princess does transfers to the "City Center". Does anyone have any idea of where you be dropped off in the City Center. I'm assuming it would be easy to get a taxi from there to our hotel. We've been to Rome before and just trying to decide the easiest way to get to our Hotel after the cruise. It may work out better to share a ride with someone from our roll call but thought I would put the question out.

Thanks for your help.

Not sure where Princess drops off but you might consider Rome in Limo.

We use them quite often. They are very good.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi52aDY6s3KAhUqvoMKHSfkAq0QFggdMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.romeinlimo.com%2F&usg=AFQjCNHy64Q5MpSTqrldmzGC9ZV1kMmSXQ&sig2=8zoWKoVdStmjnw9MP6djWA&bvm=bv.112766941,d.amc

The train is a great option too. Approx 15E each and it stops at Rome Termini Station. Very central location.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Keith, have you used Rome in Limo for excursions/tours as well?

Yes a few times for tours and shuttle service.

Great for starting a tour and sharing. People just go to the RIL site find the tour you or someone else started and join it.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

The cost is 15 for the fast train, but only 5 Euro on the slow train (about then minutes difference). Once you exit the ship and take the shuttle bus to the port gates there will be a bunch of drivers begging to take you. If you join one of these groups it will be between 15 and 20 euros each versus about 120 Euro for a private taxi. If you want to take the train there will be a bus you can pay about a Euro and change for to take to the train station, there will be a line you can join. The other option is to walk the 20 or less minutes to the station. I did this with luggage, twin toddlers and a stroller. Just keep in mind there are no elevators at the train station. Then another train ride within Rome is 1.50. If you can't access/walk conveniently from a train station then just take the cab from the port since it would be less hassle.

Break down train:15 ish with walking and bus indirect to hotel

Cruise line: my guess is near Vatican or colosseum since the main streets are not accessible to cars. I know about non-cruise transfers.

Private car/cab: about 120 Euro direct to hotel

Shared cab: 40ish for hotel transfer with stops for others

• 1 month later...

I am also docking in Rome from the Royal Princess June 4th. I have been searching ways to get to our hotel from the Port. We are looking at Romecabsbooking.com ( good reviews) and they have a shared shuttle that picks you up at the ship and takes you to your hotel. Costs 69 euro for 2 but if shared 3 costs 85 euro, 4 costs 105 euro up to 6 for 135 euro. If you are on that cruise would you be interested in sharing the transfer. Just a thought.

I am also docking in Rome from the Royal Princess June 4th. I have been searching ways to get to our hotel from the Port. We are looking at Romecabsbooking.com ( good reviews) and they have a shared shuttle that picks you up at the ship and takes you to your hotel. Costs 69 euro for 2 but if shared 3 costs 85 euro, 4 costs 105 euro up to 6 for 135 euro. If you are on that cruise would you be interested in sharing the transfer. Just a thought.

Welcome to Cruise Critic! :)

Below is the link to the roll call for your cruise.

Lots of people to share travel/tour info with. ;)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2200399

Edited by Colo Cruiser

We have used Rome cabs from airport to hotel and from airport to ship and ship to airport (different trips)

Quite pleased with service.

For the cruise transfers, used our roll call to find others to share. Filled up quickly!