10 month old excursions? navigator of the seas 6 day western caribbean

Hi!

I'm sure this has been asked somewhere but I'm new to this board and having a hard time figuring it all out.

We will be cruising with a nearly 10 month old in march to the western caribbean. We will be with family that are willing to watch her for us to go on an excursion or two but i would like to take her to one or two if possible. Any that you all would suggest that she can go on and will be fun for us? I thought it would be fun to do the turtle cove thing but it has an age restriction. Not sure why exactly.

If there really aren't any worth it what is there to do in each port? are beaches accessible without being on an excursion? Or is it fun to just walk around anywhere?

Thanks!

Not trying to be rude or anything but I'm sure it will be portrayed that way... I'm just not sure it would be the most enjoyable experience with a 10 month old on a cruise in general. There is virtually no excursions that are kid friendly, to that extreme, other than sitting on a beach and chilling. My opinion would be to leave the child state side, which I know is not an easy decision for a parent to make. For sure the right one. Especially at such an extremely young age. I have seen many people trying to enjoy a vacation with a baby unsuccessfully. Hope every can take turns to give you some relief! :rolleyes:

well its already booked and paid for by our parents who asked us to go. so obviously they don't mind helping out. if im not going to enjoy myself no matter what i may as well do it on a beach right!

Ohhhhhhh... I like free! I have never had that opportunity and always had to pay. That would seriously help the situation haha. I suppose... It is still a cruise. Always great!

... are beaches accessible without being on an excursion? ...

Yes, beaches are available without being in an excursion. You may want to check out the Ports of Call forums for ideas. I don't know your itinerary, but if you are going to Cozumel, there are several beaches within a short taxi ride of the port.

Not sure what ports you're going to, but hitting up local beaches sounds like fun for everyone.

Keep in mind you'll have a car seat issue...you won't be able to really do anything far from port unless you lug along your own car seat. Buses, taxis, etc don't come equipped.

Does Navigator have a nursery program for that age? If so that will be a great option, too!

Edited by micmacmissy

In Cozumel there are several good beaches not far from the port. We usually take a taxi to Paradise Beach Club. The entrance fee was $2 pp and you must each spend $10 on food. This includes chairs and umbrellas.

We found an average lunch cost ~ $15 pp if you drink a soda. [ours was $32 + tip] Beer and drinks would add more to the bill. I am not sure if they would charge you for the baby or insist on the equivalent of his "lunch" order. But, I do not think that would be a problem.

No sure about the rest of your party. But, Paradise has inflated floating beach toys. I think it was $15 to play for the whole day. the kids and "big kids" had a great time. :)

There are several All inclusive resorts in Cozumel with food and drinks there. But, we do not drink that much early in the day so we do not find them worth it to us.

Edited by DragonOfTheSeas

We have cruised with infants a few times. It was always enjoyable and I don't regret it for a moment. Which ports are you visiting? We have never done an excursion with them... But we aren't into excursions anyways. We tend to do our own thing and use independent companies if we want something structured. I would take them up on the babysitting and have a great "date" with your spouse.

We're doing the 6 day navigator in March with our 2 year old. While yes he's older, not much of a difference in excursions they can do. In Falmouth we're going to an all inclusive at the royalton white sands. In grand Cayman we'll hop the bus to the turtle farm, if you purchase the full park ticket online it's 20% off. And then labadee is beach beach and more beach.