How bad is deck 1 cabin or doing a guarantee cabin

dulcemariamar

I would like to hear about your experience of staying in a cabin on deck one or doing a guarantee cabin.

Do you hear the motors or is it really rocky on deck one?

If you get a guarantee cabin will you be stuck under the theater or some noisy venue?

I did a guarantee cabin once (Conquest), and it was the worst location. I was right under the galley and about every hour or so, we would hear a loud metal grinding sound. We joked and said Carnival must use their garbage disposals to get rid of any silverware they no longer need.

Every since, we've always stayed on the lowest decks for two reasons, cost (we are a family of 6) and typically, there should be another cabin above you and not some loud venue. I really enjoy staying low. Also, I think you feel way less movement the lower (and more centered) you are. Just my opinion!

Happy cruising!!!

I don't believe there are any passenger cabins on "deck one" on most ships.;)

Yes there are, it's called the Riviera deck on many of the larger ships.

OP, we were on this deck on our first cruise and had no issues with noise or rocking at all.

Edited by declansdad

I've done both. Usually go lowest deck because of price, and always an inside. They have been great cabins. I have done inside guarantee once...ended up on lowest deck and back of ship. The room was fine, I have another guarantee cabin next month, I hope it works out well. I'm not bothered by noise, I am a night owl and usually getup earlier than most.

I did a guarantee and ended up with a deck 1 about 3 rooms from the very front of the ship. Never again! Before that experience I would have said get me on the ship, I don't care where my room is. The room felt like I was on a non-stop kiddie roller coaster and every few minutes you would hear a very loud bang from the waves.

I wouldn't say BAD per se...I did stay in deck 2 forward once on the Ecstasy and I got some free massages :D Mostly when pulling in and dropping anchor the room would shake quite a bit, other than that it really wasn't a problem. You are a little further away from the action but hey maybe all that walking will work off the food! You are in a great location for when you have port stops and are trying to get back on the ship.

I would like to hear about your experience of staying in a cabin on deck one or doing a guarantee cabin.

If you get a guarantee cabin will you be stuck under the theater or some noisy venue?

always do deck one outside in the middle. less rocky and since I am not in my cabin except for sleeping it's a great location. On the Breeze deck 1 outside you get 2 bathrooms which is great for getting ready.

The lowest passenger deck is NOT the lowest deck. I've never heard the "motors" on that deck.

Deck number depends on the ship class. Fantasy-class ships have Riviera as Deck 3 (as there are crew Decks 0-2 beneath). To avoid passenger confusion, apparently, other ship classes refer to Riviera as Deck 1. That doesn't mean it's the bottom deck on the ship, just that it's the first passenger deck.

I love it down there. Less passenger foot traffic. Depending on the location (I tend to book midship), no issues with the thrusters when docking. Just don't pick all the way forward or aft.

I typically take the stairs to help offset the extra caloric intake. I often actually lose a pound or two rather than gain several.

The lowest passenger deck is not under any galley on any ship I've seen in Carnival's fleet. The galley is typically on deck 3 and 4 (or just 3, depending on the ship class).

We love Riviera Deck (deck 1) as there is less movement in rough waters. We book midship for the stability. We don't hear engine noises.

When you get back on the ship at a port, you don't have to wait for an elevator. Just go around the corner and up the steps.

Edited by Sparky2

I actually prefer Riviera deck if we book an inside room. It's so easy to get on and off the ship at ports without having to wait for elevators. Our last cruise we book an interior on Deck 9 and I said the whole cruise that I wished we were on Riviera.

I cruise on the lowest passenger deck more often than not, and truly enjoy my cruises there. Having said that, I'll say that I try to avoid the first few cabins in the bow, and the last few cabins in the stern. Bow cabins tend to be a bit noisy at times, when underway with noise from the waves hitting the bow, and when going into port where we tender, with the dropping of the anchor. Stern cabins tend to be a bit noisy at times with machinery noise from props, and other mechanical noises when underway.

"SKY"

On both of our cruises, we had an interior room on deck 2. Our first cruise, the room was about mid-forward and it was great - quiet, not a lot of movement. My BF's parents were on that cruise and a few doors down - directly underneath the lobby. His dad said he heard dancing and music there a few nights. But on deck 1, you'd be underneath a passenger deck, so shouldn't be a problem.

On our cruise last week, our room was the second to the front of the ship and it was ROCKING. I got sick one night while we were in the room getting ready for dinner. There was a lot of noise and shaking from the thrusters when pulling into and out of port - personally, that didn't actually bother me and it didn't last long. But the movement and the noise from the waves were very bothersome to me. Go with deck 1, but get a room midship.

If I'm not in a balcony cabin I love the lowest passenger deck. As long as you are not too close to the bow to hear the thrusters and/or anchors when you dock this is the best spot on the ship and typically the smoothest.

Guarantee on Elation. We were on the lowest deck. We had no problems with it It wasn't noisy. Heck there are elevators so it doesn't matter what deck I'm on. We are an easy going family. We don't let the little things bother us. Just glad to be on vacation. If you go in with high expectations you might find fault in some things no mater where you are at.