Boarding Coral after refit/dry dock

Stokeset

According to the Port Everglades traffic schedule Coral is expected to arrive from Freeport around 4:45 AM though I wouldn't be surprised if it was even earlier. Possibly a shoreside company will be on for a few hours' deep clean. Definitely there will be lots of crew members boarding. And since there were no disembarking passengers to process, will the check-in staff be reporting for duty at their normal time? My guess they may actually be scheduled to start later rather than earlier--only a half-day shift rather than a full day.

Edited by fishywood

What are they doing in dry dock?

All vessels operated by cruise lines are required to be dry docked every five years (or less) for inspection of the hull and underwater machinery. Other things are usually done to upgrade or refresh the ship at this time. Most of these inspection cycles will take ten days to two weeks to complete.

Doc

I too hope we can board early, but I wonder if the Coral will be like the Eurodam. We were on the Eurodam on the last cruise before she went to Freeport for drydock. The crew went there with her and stayed on the ship the whole time she was in drydock, unless they were at the end of their contract. There were also over 500 contracted workers waiting to board the ship in Port Everglades as we disembarked. From what I understand they were imported workers flown in by HAL from Russia. So I'm not sure whether or not there were contracted workers on the Coral for this drydock, but if so, they will have to disembark and be cleared by Customs before we can board.

I too hope we can board early, but I wonder if the Coral will be like the Eurodam. We were on the Eurodam on the last cruise before she went to Freeport for drydock. The crew went there with her and stayed on the ship the whole time she was in drydock, unless they were at the end of their contract. There were also over 500 contracted workers waiting to board the ship in Port Everglades as we disembarked. From what I understand they were imported workers flown in by HAL from Russia. So I'm not sure whether or not there were contracted workers on the Coral for this drydock, but if so, they will have to disembark and be cleared by Customs before we can board.

This was a major dry dock and yes there will be many contractors (probably numbering on the 100's) who will live onboard. They were cleared by customs when they arrived in the Bahamas to board the ship.

As I stated I would not count on getting on earlier then the normal Noon boarding start.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

This was a major dry dock and yes there will be many contractors (probably numbering on the 100's) who will live onboard. They were cleared by customs when they arrived in the Bahamas to board the ship.

As I stated I would not count on getting on earlier then the normal Noon boarding start.

The Coral is still moored in Grand Bahamas with an ETA to Port Everglades of 0445 EST so very doubtful if there'll be any early boarding for passengers.

http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/shipid:371018/mmsi:310376000/vessel:CORAL%20PRINCESS

Edited by Astro Flyer