Turning Diamond Plus

mrsz

Has anyone reached Diamond Plus on there cruise and were any perks given for it

If you reach D+ on the first cruise of a back-to-back, then they will normally recognize your new status on the second cruise. Not in the middle of the cruise though.

Has anyone reached Diamond Plus on there cruise and were any perks given for it[/quote']You are not D+ until your cruise is complete. This has be posted at least a gazillion times.

Sorry. Never saw it posted

Even though you don't technically get the status until after the cruise (I think like 60 days) you can always talk to the Loyalty Concierge and I've heard cases where the people were given the pins or some other "hurray" gift even though their cards were not switched out. If nothing else, the LC's always love to hear about people moving up in the C&A program.

So, you'd have nothing to lose by mentioning it to them while on the ship. They may just say, "Congratulations" or they may do something more for you. Couldn't hurt.

Tom

Even though you don't technically get the status until after the cruise (I think like 60 days) you can always talk to the Loyalty Concierge and I've heard cases where the people were given the pins or some other "hurray" gift even though their cards were not switched out. If nothing else, the LC's always love to hear about people moving up in the C&A program.

So, you'd have nothing to lose by mentioning it to them while on the ship. They may just say, "Congratulations" or they may do something more for you. Couldn't hurt.

Tom

More like 5-10 days. Your next tier is confirmed with the posting of your points by C&A after your cruise. And as clarea indicated, if you are on a B2B and reach the next tier on your first leg, as long as the LA knows in advance you typically will be allowed your new tier benefits on your second leg.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Thanks for the correction. I didn't really know for sure. My point was that it doesn't hurt to mention it. They won't kick you off the ship for becoming a D+ during the cruise.

:)

Tom

More like 5-10 days. Your next tier is confirmed with the posting of your points by C&A after your cruise. And as clarea indicated, if you are on a B2B and reach the next tier on your first leg, as long as the LA knows in advance you typically will be allowed your new tier benefits on your second leg.

That would be the Loyalty Ambassador.

Has anyone reached Diamond Plus on there cruise and were any perks given for it

I made D+ on our last cruise on the Quantum, and nothing of notice. However, did receive a congratulation letter and that recognition would occur on subsequent cruise--we'll see.

I made D+ on our last cruise on the Quantum, and nothing of notice. However, did receive a congratulation letter and that recognition would occur on subsequent cruise--we'll see.

Nothing to speculate about - you will be D+ on your next cruise with the associated benefits. BTW, if you book balcony staterooms you will receive an additional $25 discount now.

Congratulations on reaching D+!

Has anyone reached Diamond Plus on there cruise and were any perks given for it[/quote']You are not D+ until your cruise is complete. This has be posted at least a gazillion times.

No need to post that. Just ignore if you feel that way.

26 points to go...

The only perk I'm looking forward to is the BOGO dinner, is there something else exciting that I'm missing?

It is not a perk on oasis they offer 50% off to all passengers regardless of status. I wish they would swap this out to $ off drink packages instead.

Freedom posts in 6 days, they are always there on Saturday after a Sunday return. Maybe that's 7 :confused:

It varies based on workload I guess but it typically takes about 5 - 10 days in our experience. I don't think it has to do with the ship, however. :)

Edited by leaveitallbehind