5 month to departure

Rebel54

And I'm starting to think that our boat might be a bit light. I've been watching the number of open cabins for months and so far there are only 20 cabins booked. It hasn't gone up in months. We leave for Prague on the 18th of July and meet up with Avalon on the 26th. I am so excited to go. Wondering if I chose a not so popular time to take this trip.

I'm running out of things to research and pre-book. July needs to hurry up and get here!

And I'm starting to think that our boat might be a bit light. I've been watching the number of open cabins for months and so far there are only 20 cabins booked. It hasn't gone up in months. We leave for Prague on the 18th of July and meet up with Avalon on the 26th. I am so excited to go. Wondering if I chose a not so popular time to take this trip.

I'm running out of things to research and pre-book. July needs to hurry up and get here!

Rebel I don't think so...I think there's a number of reasons why this is happening but time of the year isn't one of them. July is height of the season...it will be a little more crowded that spring and fall but everything will be up and running full time...unless there's another severe drought like last year, you should have passable water levels but of course that really is an unknown and Avalon is a reputable company. I think people are hesitant because of the water levels last year and are waiting to see what spring brings and people are nervous because of the threat of terrorism. The first one you can do nothing about...and the second one is what it is....you're no more at risk in Europe than you are at home....and some people think they can really save by booking last minute. So stop looking for trouble....go to the library and get a good book to read...and have a great trip!! :D

Edited by Hydrokitty

sometimes the ships take awhile to reach capacity. however as others have said some have concerns about travel to Europe, and will look at other places.

terrorism/states of emergency/pictures/reports of people drowning in the med, ongoing security issues etc, are not good for tourism.

plus unreliable river levels that can disrupt travel plans, hopefully this year will be trouble free. enjoy your cruise and I like your blog will watch with interest.

as pully8 indicated, some people may be concerned about going to Europe with all the travel advisors out there as well as news reports.

I was on a Nile cruise in 1985 right after the Achile Lauro hijacking. The boat had capacity for 120 passengers. There were 30 passengers. We were treated royally with lots of great service. Although, I doubt if bookings will have dropped off that much.

Thank you. I wouldn't mind if we had a small group. I would not complain about getting the Royal treatment. This is probably a one time, bucket list thing for us so I'm going all out. I booked the Royal Suite....the Royal treatment to go with it would be nice :)