Question about Platinum Latitudes Rewards Benefits.

cruiseelady

So I am looking at the Platinum rewards, some of the things they mention that interest me most are:

Complimentary Dinner for Two at Le Bistro with a Bottle of Wine

Complimentary Sparkling Wine in Your Stateroom.

My question is do they offer this on every cruise that you will take ever sense you become Platinum or this just for the first sailing that you become Platinum?

I am not yet platinum, but its something extra to look forward to.

Edited by cruiseelady

If there are 2 of you who are platinum you should each get the dinner for 2 and also each get the laundry.

On our recent pearl cruise they tried telling us the dinner was per cabin not per person

No "should" about it, the dinner and laundry are definitely per person.

Mike

So I am looking at the Platinum rewards, some of the things they mention that interest me most are:

Complimentary Dinner for Two at Le Bistro with a Bottle of Wine

Complimentary Sparkling Wine in Your Stateroom.

My question is do they offer this on every cruise that you will take ever sense you become Platinum or this just for the first sailing that you become Platinum?

I am not yet platinum, but its something extra to look forward to.

Every cruise you take after becoming Platinum. If both of you are Platinum you will each get the dinner for two voucher with a choice of wine at dinner. The list of wines from which to choose had a good variety.

I cruise solo, so if I meet someone and invite them to have dinner with me, can the complimentary Dinner for Two be applied for me of course and the other person even if they are not platinum?

No reason why not.

It works if only one of a couple in a cabin is Platinum that they can both eat using the coupon.

Mike

Not valid on 3 and 4 day cruises.

Yes thank you for making the clarification.

Also to the OP when I have been sailing solo I have been allowed to split my Platinum dinner over two nights. So you if you don't find someone to invite to dinner you can always go to a specialty two nights. Just one bottle of wine though. ;)

Rochelle

Also to the OP when I have been sailing solo I have been allowed to split my Platinum dinner over two nights. So you if you don't find someone to invite to dinner you can always go to a specialty two nights. Just one bottle of wine though. ;)

Rochelle

Hello,:)

Which ship was that on? Did you ask them at the time of your first dinner? I sailed on the Dawn last April solo and that option wasn't mention to me. I'm on the Star this April so it will be good to be able to have dinner twice at the Bistro or once there and other time at La Cucina.

Thanks,

happytotravel:)

No "should" about it, the dinner and laundry are definitely per person.

Mike

I don't often use the laundry perk, but my friend and I were sharing a suite and only got one Laundry slip and were told we had to share, that was on the Dawn beginning of Sept.

I don't often use the laundry perk, but my friend and I were sharing a suite and only got one Laundry slip and were told we had to share, that was on the Dawn beginning of Sept.

If you were both platinum, just ask for another bag/slip, fill it out & where you're supposed to write the prices, write PLATINUM (I usually write it once, sideways the length of the slip).

We do that twice (on days we determine) and have never had an issue.

Stephen

Hi all!

I just cruised my first time as platinum on Epic at Christmas & one thing I want to point out if you're interested in the behind the scenes tour, be sure to check your mail on embarkation day as I missed seeing the invite to reserve my spot by 9:00 pm. The tour is generally held on the 1st sea day so I missed it.

Rochelle ~ thanks for that info as I usually sail solo so that would apply to me. This time I met a girl in the studio lounge & took her. We both really enjoyed the Le Bistro meal.

Next cruise is only a 4 day on the Sun so no perks for me.:(

~ Jo ~ :)

"I just cruised my first time as platinum on Epic at Christmas & one thing I want to point out if you're interested in the behind the scenes tour, be sure to check your mail on embarkation day as I missed seeing the invite to reserve my spot by 9:00 pm. The tour is generally held on the 1st sea day so I missed it."

Thanks for the tip!

"Also to the OP when I have been sailing solo I have been allowed to split my Platinum dinner over two nights. So you if you don't find someone to invite to dinner you can always go to a specialty two nights. Just one bottle of wine though. ;)"

That's helpful to know. Thanks

Edited by cruiseelady

Rochelle

Thank you for this tip! I have sailed solo many times and never thought to ask to split the two dinners over two nights. Ill be sure to try it the next time!

Rochelle

Hi Rochelle, If you are travelling solo and don't want to eat by yourself, can you still go and get the bottle of wine? I will be platinum next cruise. Too bad you couldn't do takeout! I do not like eating alone in a nice place. I would take the wine home cause I don't drink either. If I met somebody to take I would go. Or if travelling with people I know, would give them the wine. This is new to me cause I just turned platinum.

Is the 18% added to the platinum dinner or do you tip? Loretta

Edited by lettienets

I was able to split my dinners on the Gem. I learned about doing that from a couple of solo folks on the Getaway. So that is at least two ships that have allowed it.

There is no 18% automatically charged to the Platinum dinner.

You might be able to get something take-out from the specialty dining. It never hurts to ask. Or you can always check with others on your roll call or a solo get-together and see if anyone would like a dining companion. Don't let being single stop you from enjoying an evening out at a restaurant. I never have. If I bring a good book along with me I'm usually not aware of anyone else even being there.

Enjoy your Platinum perks... You earned them!

Rochelle

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I was able to split my dinners on the Gem. I learned about doing that from a couple of solo folks on the Getaway. So that is at least two ships that have allowed it.

I have no personal experience since I don't sail solo and also we used both of our vouchers on the same dinner treating two of our friends, but on Getaway this month the voucher specifically stated that it can not be splitted for two nights.

So if they are allowing that, it's a clear violation of the terms printed on the voucher. Well, nothing surprises me anymore. ;)