Veranda level breakdown? 1A to 2D???

Ox Fan Cruiser

If you are looking at an S-class ship, 2D verandas are obstructed by lifeboats and 1A verandas have oversized balconies. All of the categories in between indicate an increasingly desirable ship position between the 2 extremes. Note that none of these categories include aft balconies, which are separately classified as SV or one of the concierge categories.

From what I have gleaned from the deck plans, the only 1 level with larger balconies is 1A. A few 2D and 2C will also have larger balconies. The 1 balconies tend to be higher and more central, but higher than deck 8, those high central locations become dominated by concierge and aqua cabins.

It is basically, location, location, location! We had a super large balcony both in a 2C as well as a 2D ... some of them are 2A or 1A. The classifications, sometimes with little or no price difference, are all based on location or perks (such as concierge or aqua class). We actually prefer some of the 2C and 2D cabins over the more expensive ones. It's all a matter of personal choice.

First of all, ALL cabins from insides up to suites are identical in size and furnishings. 2D balconies have the top of the lifeboat at the top of the balcony railing; you can still see out, just not down. 2Cs have the top of the lifeboat at the floor of the balcony. There are a couple of 2Cs and 2Ds with the larger balcony. These are always on the slanted portion, easily visible on a deck plan. Other than those, all the cabins with larger balconies are 1A, CC, or AQ.

1B, 1C, 2A and 2B are only differentiated by location. There is a perception that cruiselines cash in on that higher=better. Personal preference. IMO, the floor doesn't matter a bit, it's the proximity to the midship elevators that's most crucial. It makes getting around much easier when your room is in a central location. We were on Deck 6 midship recently and I thought that was great for easy access to all the places I wanted to be. My very favorite are midship cabins on the flat part of the hump, so close to the elevtors and great views both forward and aft.

Our virgin (first) cruise ever was Solstice Alaska a few years ago. We had a deck 6 cabin on the aft bump out. Being close to the elevators was nice. I had aft facing cabins on our NCL Breakaway & Caribbean Princess. They were nice too. both had larger than norm sized balconies. The Princess tho had a vertical support beam thru the middle but still bigger sections than a normal balcony.

I'm in 6262 on an upcoming sailing. It's a 2c. We were on the fantasy last year and lifeboats were at our feet. Didn't mind it at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Anyone have a picture? Having a hard time visualizing how obstructive this could be.