Solstice Alaska - Victoria docking times

Blondie008

I'm actually surprised and a little sad at the lack of love for Victoria. :( YES, it is a short stop but the cruise is an Alaskan cruise, not a Pacific Coastal cruise with Canadian stops. ;)

We did this cruise last year. A few days before Victoria, a Canadian Customs declaration form will be sent to your cabin. You fill it out (one per family) and return it to Guest Services, where the declaration cards are rounded up and the passengers are cleared by Customs and Immigration officers behind the scenes. This may take some time; I know we were off the ship closer to 7 pm due to issues for several "International passengers" (that's how they phrased it). When the all-clear is given, you simply walk off the ship.

The shuttle buses run to the Inner Harbour, and last year they were $11.00 per person, round trip. This is, in my opinion, exorbitant. A taxi for 4 people will cost less than that, or it is easily walkable if you are reasonably fit.

We used to live in Victoria so we spent the time walking the old neighbourhood. We walked to our first apartment, and then went to Rogers Chocolates on Government Street and bought some delicious Victoria Creams (these should not be missed! AMAZING!!). We then stumbled upon a Caribbean restaurant and had rotis for dinner - yummy! ( http://www.thereefrestaurant.com/ )

Enjoy Victoria, everyone. :)

I'm actually surprised and a little sad at the lack of love for Victoria. :( YES, it is a short stop but the cruise is an Alaskan cruise, not a Pacific Coastal cruise with Canadian stops. ;)

We did this cruise last year. A few days before Victoria, a Canadian Customs declaration form will be sent to your cabin. You fill it out (one per family) and return it to Guest Services, where the declaration cards are rounded up and the passengers are cleared by Customs and Immigration officers behind the scenes. This may take some time; I know we were off the ship closer to 7 pm due to issues for several "International passengers" (that's how they phrased it). When the all-clear is given, you simply walk off the ship.

The shuttle buses run to the Inner Harbour, and last year they were $11.00 per person, round trip. This is, in my opinion, exorbitant. A taxi for 4 people will cost less than that, or it is easily walkable if you are reasonably fit.

We used to live in Victoria so we spent the time walking the old neighbourhood. We walked to our first apartment, and then went to Rogers Chocolates on Government Street and bought some delicious Victoria Creams (these should not be missed! AMAZING!!). We then stumbled upon a Caribbean restaurant and had rotis for dinner - yummy! ( http://www.thereefrestaurant.com/ )

Enjoy Victoria, everyone. :)

Don't see anyone showing a "lack of love" for Victoria, the problem is the time there and the amount of time there. This stop is done because they have to do and unfortunately the timing is bad. I made one of the first comments and said it's a beautiful city but the time there is odd.