FTTF worth it with staged check in times?

Recurring

So I know Galveston had choose your own check in times last year (?). Well, It seems they are rolling this out in NOLA. Is FTTF worth purchasing if you have a chosen check in time. I didn't need guest services last cruise, and I am hesitant to spend $60 on FTTF if it only gets me off the boat faster. If someone could advise I'd be very appreciative.

I have yet to experience the new staggered check-in times. However, I am looking at it literally -- it is a "check-in" time, not a "boarding" time.

For those that have experienced it, can you please clarify this? Can you board at the same time you check-in, or do you have to wait for boarding?

I have yet to experience the new staggered check-in times. However, I am looking at it literally -- it is a "check-in" time, not a "boarding" time.

For those that have experienced it, can you please clarify this? Can you board at the same time you check-in, or do you have to wait for boarding?[/

Correct, it not a boarding time, unless maybe if you have a late time. Boarding begins when Customs and Shipboard operations gives the proper clearance, then boarding begins in the order it always has, i.e. Wedding Parties, Plat/Dia/suites , FTTF , special assistance, them lastly general boarding by zones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DH and I sailed on the Carnival Triumph out of Galveston in November 2015 and Carnival was enforcing the staggered check-in. We chose a 10:30AM check-in time and was on board in our room before noon. That did not necessarily have to do anything with FTTF because we had a couple who also had a 10:30AM check-in time who literally boarded right behind us.

Personally, I like the ability to drop off my carry on bags in my room, which is ready, with FTTF and that is a GREAT perk. BUT is it worth $60??

I would look at your itinerary as well. If you have a tender port then it might be worth it since FTTF has a tender perk.

Also think about debarkation process as well. DH and I usually do the self-assist which leaves at the same time as FTTF so if you are willing to carry off your luggage it may not be worth it in this category either.

Again, this is just my experience. We are sailing on the Liberty in December 2016 and I have already chosen a 10:30AM check-in time but have not purchased the FTTF just yet!

I hope this helps!

Thanks for the replies. We normally self-assist getting off the boat. It seems what I am reading as most people board the boat pretty quickly with the staggered check in times. We are going on the Triumph out of NOLA to Progreso and Cozumel so no tendering. Also I never once had to use guest services last time as most everything I needed to do I could do on the Kiosk. My main concern was how the check in boarding procedure went. If they are boarding the ship not too long after checking in I think I may be better off just saving my $60. Last time I had fttf and it was nice to avoid all the cattle chutes and be put at the front of most lines getting on the boat, after that it was a moot point.

If you have an early check in time, then you are more likely to have a lower zone number, so that will help you get on the ship faster. FTTF will be some of the first to board, but it is possible for you to be just a few minutes behind.

You won't get to drop off your carry on bags in your room, but that isn't a huge deal to me. You have no tender and you do self assist, so the perks that you would use are getting on board a few minutes early, getting to your room early, getting your checked bags early, and the guest services priority line. If none of those are really important to you, then FTTF probably won't be worth it this time.

Any line? Just embarkation, debarkation, guest services, and tender lines.

And just as an add-on, neither Platinum nor FTTF helps with the returning tender lines. You stand in line like everyone else.

I have often seen the regular guest services line move faster than the priority line with only one purser.

I sailed the Carnival Triumph in Galveston in late November. They were enforcing the staggered times.

My fiance and I had FTTF, rest of the family had the earliest check in block, 10:30am.

The entire process for us was quicker, however they were not far behind. We boarded before general boarding and were on the ship before them, but I believe it was only a 20 minute difference.

As for disembarkation, we missed the FTTF group (they meet early and we are admittedly slow in the mornings haha) so I cant speak much to that.

In the future if I get the early check in time I wont worry about getting FTTF. 20 minutes in time didnt justify the money. And for me a carry on is just a backpack so I dont mind waiting for my room.

Hi all! When I booked my sailing about a week ago FTTF was available and now I had a change of heart and want to do it but of course it is sold out. Do you keep on looking and it may open up again? Thoughts? Sailing is April 23.

Hi all! When I booked my sailing about a week ago FTTF was available and now I had a change of heart and want to do it but of course it is sold out. Do you keep on looking and it may open up again? Thoughts? Sailing is April 23.

I would keep checking back, just in case. Wouldn't hurt! :) You never know when someone might have to cancel.

We were debating whether or not to purchase FTTF for our upcoming cruise because we won't have any tendered ports. However, being able to board the ship and go directly up to our room has us spoiled. Also, I had to go to GS a few times last cruise and did not have to wait in that hopelessly long line. That alone is worth it. So I pulled the trigger and purchase FTTF tonight.

This will be my last time I'll have to buy FTTF as I will be Platinum on our next cruise ~happy dance~

:cool:

I would keep checking back, just in case. Wouldn't hurt! :) You never know when someone might have to cancel.

They will open it back up a couple of weeks before the cruise. They have to wait to see how many Plats/Dia's, weddings, etc are booked. If there is any room left, they will open it back up.

Per CCL

"Guests who are part of our Priority Program (Diamond, Platinum and suites), have purchased transfers with Carnival or 'Faster to the Fun' must still select a window online, but are invited to come at their leisure, up to one (1) hour prior to sailing - please select your anticipated check-in time so that we can prepare for your arrival onboard."

I sailed the Carnival Triumph in Galveston in late November. They were enforcing the staggered times.

My fiance and I had FTTF, rest of the family had the earliest check in block, 10:30am.

The entire process for us was quicker, however they were not far behind. We boarded before general boarding and were on the ship before them, but I believe it was only a 20 minute difference.

As for disembarkation, we missed the FTTF group (they meet early and we are admittedly slow in the mornings haha) so I cant speak much to that.

In the future if I get the early check in time I wont worry about getting FTTF. 20 minutes in time didnt justify the money. And for me a carry on is just a backpack so I dont mind waiting for my room.

So with FTTF you pay $60.00 to get on the ship 10-20 minutes faster than the other people? Unless there is a tender port, or you use CS, it seems a waste of money.

We've used it afew times and it is totally worth it. You only have to pay once for the whole stateroom so in reality your only paying $25 pp. When did it go up to $60? I used it not even three months ago and it was $50 not $60.

So with FTTF you pay $60.00 to get on the ship 10-20 minutes faster than the other people? Unless there is a tender port, or you use CS, it seems a waste of money.

When we used it in Ft. Lauderdale the wait seemed like it was closer to an hour rather than 20 mins. After traveling all morning for us it was totally worth it. We said we'd never do another cruise again without it.