If you order luggage tags on-line

pbrady

Hi there

You are lucky in UK its print your own now none being sent out.

Hope your well

Johm

Hi John:)

Yes, very aware that UK cruisers have different restrictions and cruise booking guidelines. Sometimes you have the option of "residency" discounts...at least when sailing from Southampton. (Allowing for nice cabin upgrades)

When we last sailed with you in 2014, UK cruisers were being sent luggage tags. I realize that has changed :(

As you know, I am a Celebrity fan. I am just concerned about the lists of "little things" that are changing...NOT for the benefit of the customer. These "little things" are adding up significantly.

Hope you are well. See you are sailing on "my side of the pond" soon. Bon Voyage!:)

Becky

• 1 month later...

I have become very frustrated with the "luggage tag" fiasco (s). I feel like a dog chasing it's tail for the past month.:mad: I tried on-line ordering of our tags; Zilch,Zippo,Nada. I have called several times and I have been "re-assured", too many times, that my tags are on their way.:( The practice of misleading cruisers is becoming a serious negative for future travel on Celebrity. There appears to be a ploy to put people off until they become so frustrated they print their tags at home; subsequently, an added expense for the cruiser.It appears Celebrity is running on a shoe-string budget while raising cruising costs.If this is the kind of customer service to expect on-board; it's going to be a long two weeks :mad:

Edited by Cantorindahouse

I have become very frustrated with the "luggage tag" fiasco (s). I feel like a dog chasing it's tail for the past month.:mad: I tried on-line ordering of our tags; Zilch,Zippo,Nada. I have called several times and I have been "re-assured", too many times, that my tags are on their way.:( The practice of misleading cruisers is becoming a serious negative for future travel on Celebrity. There appears to be a ploy to put people off until they become so frustrated they print their tags at home; subsequently, an added expense for the cruiser.It appears Celebrity is running on a shoe-string budget while raising cruising costs.If this is the kind of customer service to expect on-board; it's going to be a long two weeks :mad:

Bummer concerning your luggage tag experience. I ordered ours from the Captains Club desk on 17 February and received them on 22 February for our 3 April 2016 Caribbean Eclipse Cruise.

Bummer concerning your luggage tag experience. I ordered ours from the Captains Club desk on 17 February and received them on 22 February for our 3 April 2016 Caribbean Eclipse Cruise.

Ditto. A quick call to Captains Club, and our luggage tags arrived within a week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can you call Captains Club and order them even if you booked with a TA?

Laura

YES!! I did!

The rep told me they were supposed to be automatically sent out before cruising :roll eyes:...but when I told her I never got any tags she put in an order for my sister and myself (sharing a cabin). They arrived less than a week later...of course my sister's were sent to me also, so I had to mail them from Florida to NY so she would have them before sailing.

There is another option. The Cruise Critic store (probably Amazon too, but I have never looked there) sells clear plastic reusable holders for paper printouts of the e-luggage tags. These durable holders have loops that can hook on to your luggage wherever you might have attached your sticky, hard copy tags. And yes they can be used for your next cruise too. No more waiting and wondering if Celebrity (or any other cruise line) is going to send tags.

David

Yes - Amazon sells these as well :)

Why oh why doesn't Celebrity come on here and give a proper response to this mess. Everyone ( except us in the UK who obviously don't count ) is either ordering multiple times or having to call Captains Club or just DIY. Just remove the option altogether until it works properly or forever ! It must be very confusing for the thousands not on CC as they probably have no idea what's happening.

Or remember you do not need the stupid tags. Just arrive at the pier and a porter will tag your bags in under 20 seconds. They are string tags and do not fall off like those you print at home. Not worth worrying about or bothering to do.

I ended up calling and the rep said they would be mailed but without the names. Well he was wrong, as I received them within a week and the names were indeed on the tags. In addition, do not waste money purchasing the plastic tags for Celebrity/Royal Caribbean as these are not designed to fold in half to fit into it as there is a bar code smack in the middle.

The ones for Princess tags work fine, however.

Or remember you do not need the stupid tags. Just arrive at the pier and a porter will tag your bags in under 20 seconds. They are string tags and do not fall off like those you print at home. Not worth worrying about or bothering to do.

To each their own. Never had a Cruise line supplied tag come off or the ones I have printed at home.

Edited by davekathy

[ATTACH]379168[/ATTACH]

I ended up calling and the rep said they would be mailed but without the names. Well he was wrong, as I received them within a week and the names were indeed on the tags. In addition, do not waste money purchasing the plastic tags for Celebrity/Royal Caribbean as these are not designed to fold in half to fit into it as there is a bar code smack in the middle.

The ones for Princess tags work fine, however.

Agree - I found that the plastic tag holders work fine for the printed tags, but not the ones that Celebrity sends you with adhesive on the back. After receiving my tags in the mail and seeing that they wouldn't work easily (you actually can make them work if you eliminate the bar code) - I actually switched to the using the printed ones since I wanted to use my plastic holders. (Sorry Celebrity!)

Sample images below of mailed tag vs. printed tag in the holders. I did reprint later on a color printer as I believe there is some color coding to the information.

IMG_1052.JPG.1b268041737229f5ef23938baae84efd.JPG

IMG_1055.JPG.bfac8f4f3be66d19bc7209dc8c099fdd.JPG

I've been trying to order our luggage tags online with no luck. Today we got a offer from Captain's Club to upgrade our cabin (at a special discount). We haven't decided whether to accept the offer yet, but I'm wondering if the problems with the tags relates to this new perk.

I've been trying to order our luggage tags online with no luck. Today we got a offer from Captain's Club to upgrade our cabin (at a special discount). We haven't decided whether to accept the offer yet, but I'm wondering if the problems with the tags relates to this new perk.

Hi Patty! Sorry to hear that you're not having any success ordering luggage tags. My advice: take the upgrade, and find a porter to tag your bags! :D

I spoke with "Marie"at the Captain's Club desk. She said; she would do what she can" ; whatever that means.:confused:

Time will tell:cool: Time is clicking down fast for April 3rd.:eek:

"Time Keeps On Slipping Into The Future" - "Fly Like An Eagle" SMB.

The issue of luggage tags appears to cause a lot of anguish on these boards. There really is absolutely no reason to get stressed about it. Regardless of whether you receive them or not you can get them at the pier. In the UK there has been no luggage tag availability for a while now. I've taken at least half a dozen cruises now without them and have never had an issue getting them at the pier. It's been very quick and straightforward. Count to 3 and breath!

Phil

The on-line "My Celebrity" system doesn't work to order luggage tags. Maybe they've fixed it by now, but I had to call the Captain's Club to order them -- came within 5-6 days.