Cruise Critic Group Cruise on Zenith - March 2006 - Anyone Interested?

Host Anne

No one has ever put a Celebrity Cruise Critic Group Cruise together so I've been thinking about it for some time. We have been seriously considering taking a 5-night cruise on Zenith on March 11, 2006 and I've thought this might be a good chance to try and make it an official Cruise Critic Group Cruise.

The itinerary is:

March 11 Depart Miami

March 12 At Sea

March 13 Grand Cayman

March 14 At Sea

March 15 Key West

March 16 Miami

I've requested pricing from Cruise Critic and will post it as soon as they send it to me. And if you are planning on a third or fourth person in your cabin, the price on Celebrity's website is just $150 for them!

If you are interested in details, please post here or drop me an email: hostanne@cruisecritic.com. We can make this the first (of hopefully many) Offiicial Cruise Critic Celebrity Group Cruises!

:)

Hi Anne,:) I would love to cruise with you but I am going in Feb...no way

I can go in March too:eek:.

Hopefully one day we can sail together!

And I am leaving tomorrow morning too:D ;)

I know of a really fun couple who are sailing Summit in March. Maybe if you can't generate enough interest in the Zenith sailing, you can head across the country and spend 14 nights with them. ;)

Irish ~ I hope to have pricing from Cruise Critic tomorrow. Please send me an email and I'll get you all the details -- aygoyer@one.net. I will also post them here. Will others be cruising with you?

Olliek ~ very, very funny! I didn't know that a REALLY fun couple was sailing on Summit in March. Unfortunately, we are just weeks away from a biz event so we couldn't get away for a 14-day cruise at that point :( but if the really fun couple has their plans fall through, let me know and you can join us on Zenith for a five-nighter. That's all the time we can afford to be away in March! By the way, tell Ed those mean Cowboys just beat my Eagles!!!!! :mad: And what's up with the two cruises in November????

Host Anne - I was just coming to the boards to research Zenith for Feb, but if you get a group for Mar, I would be very interested! I've promised my son and his GF a cruise next spring and you sure can't beat these prices when you're paying the one paying for everyone.......

Do you or anyone know if Zenith has a pool/reggae band? My only X cruise was Galaxy and I can't remember if they had one or not.......

Hi Marie!! Long time no see! Hope everything is going great for you!

Hello Marie and Jan ~ great to hear from both of you.

Marie ~ I will definitely ask for solo pricing. I didn't hear back with pricing today but it was a holiday for some plus Cruise Critic was doing some major work to the boards so I will be back in touch as soon as I hear something -- hopefully tomorrow.

Jan ~ it would be great to have you and your family along. The pricing in Celebrity's webiste is good so I'm anxious to see what comes back for a group through Cruise Critic. It would be great to make this work :)

Irish ~ stand by. I haven't forgotten you. Will get info to you as soon as we have it.

Jan ~ sorry I forgot to answer your question about the band. I don't know but I'm sure we can survey recent Zenith cruisers to find out. I'll do that a little closer to the cruise as bands do tend to change.

Irish ~ good thinking. I remember our first cruise about 15 years ago. It was on Monarch of the Seas. We thought it was HUGE (and it was back then)....just a little larger than Zenith. It was the perfect size for a first time cruise. Now so many of the new ships are so big that it's just not the same. I think Zenith would be a perfect choice for you and your mom for a first cruise.

I'm still waiting for pricing from Cruise Critic. As soon as I have it I will let everyone know! Hang in there.

:)

Anne,

A HAL regular here who would like to try Celebrity. My sister and mother are doing this itinerary on the Zenith in January, so I'll just be a copy cat. Like Marie, I'm also interested in single pricing. Hope you hear something soon. I'll keep checking back.

Roz

Hi Anne:

Love the idea but we like longer cruises... We don't want to plan for a cruise where transport to the cruise is as much as the cruise fare.

How about Mercury in Feb? the rates are really good.

Sounds WONDERFUL! We are already booked on Zenith for a 10 or 11 Day in January of '07.

Will have to think about this and check our business schedule. :o Unfortunately, our 14 Night on another line ends in February so that could be a problem with leaving again so soon. Do love Zenith and would so LOVE to go!

Happy Sailing! OCruisers :)

O ~ come on....we're sailing Mercury on Feb. 3 and then Zenith on March 11 (it's crazy, I know....I can't believe we are doing this) but I'll work all the way to Miami and back if I have too ;) Think about it!

Unfortunately, we just can't go ... business! Had hoped we would be doing something in FL and could get away for five days BUT this is not the case!

NOTE TO ALL! Zenith is a wonderful ship! Most of us do normally sail for more that five days ... BUT, if you are already in South Florida, it would be a great thing to do. Just sorry we can't make it work for us!

Host Anne! Would have loved to sail with you!

Happy Sailing! OCruisers :o (a little sad because we can't go ....)

O'Cruisers ~ we'll catch up with you on another cruise sometime. If this cruise doesn't work out, I'm seriously considering a Cruise Critic group sometime in 2007. I'll keep you posted! :)

Host Anne, we might be interested. Zenith has become our favorite ship. We'll have our 4th and 5th sail on her in Dec. She is just the right size and the crew is wonderful. They treat each other like family, trying to reup on Zenith if they can. Hope you find simething out soon.

Archived