Serenade of the Seas - 11NT South Caribbean Cruise. Cruise Compasses and Photos

Going in one week have a few questions how was the Diamond lounge and the concierge lounge? Upon boarding did you go to either one and which concierge did you deal with for making bookings? We are DP also

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

You will have Gama in the CL. Mario went home when we did yesterday. I am not sure who took over the DL. In the CL, it was very busy the first night. After that it was cleared out after main seating. We only dealt with Mario so except to say Gama seemed pleasant we cannot help. There were like 375 d and d+ so they had an over flow lounge for the d club. The LA Karen was also very helpful.

Going in one week have a few questions how was the Diamond lounge and the concierge lounge? Upon boarding did you go to either one and which concierge did you deal with for making bookings? We are DP also

You will have Gama in the CL. Mario went home when we did yesterday. I am not sure who took over the DL. In the CL, it was very busy the first night. After that it was cleared out after main seating. We only dealt with Mario so except to say Gama seemed pleasant we cannot help. There were like 375 d and d+ so they had an over flow lounge for the d club. The LA Karen was also very helpful.

ditto on what redcrown said.

I personally prefer the CL on Radiance Class. I got in the CL as soon as I boarded.

They did have an overflow in the Vortex for both the DL and CL. Which helped with the crowding. The first night was next to impossible getting a seat. :eek:

Thanks,we booked this cruise year and half ago at a great price and have booked again for next year. Never been on this class ship before hope we like it. Did you do the exclusive breakfast in the reflection dinning room? We eat mostly at specialty restaurants on all our cruises now how were they. Any other advice would be nice. Oh can you wear shorts in the D lounge

Thanks,we booked this cruise year and half ago at a great price and have booked again for next year. Never been on this class ship before hope we like it. Did you do the exclusive breakfast in the reflection dinning room? We eat mostly at specialty restaurants on all our cruises now how were they. Any other advice would be nice. Oh can you wear shorts in the D lounge

the "exclusive breakfast" in the MDR is just a priority line for D, D+ and P. They seat you with everyone else.

As for shorts in the D Lounge, not during cocktail hour.

Glad you had a good cruise. We sail in 4 weeks - the 11 night followed by the 10 night B2B. Sorry to hear that Mario is on vacation - always a pleasure to interact with.

Love the CL on the Radiance class ships - thanks for the picture to help get us in the mood.

the "exclusive breakfast" in the MDR is just a priority line for D, D+ and P. They seat you with everyone else.

As for shorts in the D Lounge, not during cocktail hour.

That is interesting about the MDR breakfast--it must vary by ship. We were just on Vision in January and they were using a different entrance to the dining room, and seating was only D and up.

We're looking forward to Serenade next January (2017), this exact itinerary, so the cruise compasses and any info are appreciated. It will be our first sailing on this class.

If the OP used the fitness center, I wonder if you can confirm for us that the men's locker room has a sauna/steam room for use free of charge.

These (Serenade) compasses only list the hours for the fitness center and separately for the spa with the thermal suite.

On Vision they specifically listed the hours for the free sauna/steam in the fitness center.

All the info I've seen says that Serenade also has the ones in the locker rooms.

Edited by CntPAcruiser

That is interesting about the MDR breakfast--it must vary by ship. We were just on Vision in January and they were using a different entrance to the dining room, and seating was only D and up.

We're looking forward to Serenade next January (2017), this exact itinerary, so the cruise compasses and any info are appreciated. It will be our first sailing on this class.

If the OP used the fitness center, I wonder if you can confirm for us that the men's locker room has a sauna/steam room for use free of charge. These compasses only list the hours for the fitness center and separately for the spa with the thermal suite. On Vision they specifically listed the hours for the free sauna/steam in the fitness center. All the info I've seen says that Serenade also has the ones in the locker rooms.

Definitely varies by ship.

I did use the fitness center but can't confirm about the saunas being free of charge.