Info request about Shoe storage bags use on Oasis of the Seas cabins

tusconcam

Hi there. I'm sure this has been posted before in cruisers' trip reports, but I was wondering if someone could chime in with information about bringing/using a hanging shoe storage bag (I think that is what they are called) with multiple compartments on the Oasis of the Seas.

My girlfriend and I are booked in a D5 Superior Ocean View Stateroom with balcony on the 12th deck of the Oasis of the Seas for this April and we had heard that a hanging shoe bag with all of its compartments would make for a useful place to put toiletries etc that we might not have room for in the cabin washroom.

Does anyone have any experience with using this? If so, how does it fit? hang from the door? Do you have a recommendation for a type/brand? (ideally Canadian cruisers' suggestions would be especially helpful but not completely necessary. i.e any Walmart product ideas?)

I don't know the differences in washroom doors with different cabins or amount of space for toiletries, but if anyone has had a cabin similar to ours with feedback about storage ideas/facts about the washroom (sounds weird when typed out? lol) I would greatly appreciate it.

If you have any other tips for improved cabin life please share.

Thanks.

Cameron

My husband and I were in a similar stateroom on oasis and found plenty of room with his stuff in the bathroom area and mine at the vanity, etc. No need for a shoe organizer for us. We kept sunscreen, pool/excursion stuff in a bag/backpack. Just restocked the bag for the next outing. Have fun. Great ship!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I use mine. I hate clutter in the bathroom it on the vanity in the room. We keep meds, hairbrush, toothpaste, in it, you name it.

At least we don't have to take clothespins to keep a shower curtain off of us.

I just bought a couple of cheap shoe organizers from the dollar store and use one in each of the bathrooms we have. I use a small (kid size) hanger to put through the hole at the top of the organizer as it doesn't come with hooks and hang it on the hook inside of the bathroom door. They also make magnetic hooks so if you want to hang it somewhere else you could buy a hook to put on the wall and hang it there. For us, having them in the bathroom is the best place.

774667581_shoeorganizer.jpg.ef9a19c225ce49ec14b27abc0f908816.jpg

Edited by LisaGoeke

I just bought a couple of cheap shoe organizers from the dollar store and use one in each of the bathrooms we have. I use a small (kid size) hanger to put through the hole at the top of the organizer as it doesn't come with hooks and hang it on the hook inside of the bathroom door. They also make magnetic hooks so if you want to hang it somewhere else you could buy a hook to put on the wall and hang it there. For us, having them in the bathroom is the best place.

There are just two of us and while there is a lot of room we always like having a shoe organizer to make it a little neater and more orderly. I get mine at the dollar store too along with a $1 over the door hook that I bring. That's where I hang the organizer.

Tucsoncam: to answer your question: yes; on Oasis, we hooked the bag to outside the shower door (section that doesn't move) near the toilet. It's cut in half because we don't need the whole capacity. On Radiance with shower curtain, I threaded strong cord through the grommets to hang from bathroom door hooks so they were available for clothing.

I bring 2..one for shoes (go figure) and one for the other sundries that you want to be able to access easily. The truth is, there is plenty of storage space. That isn't a problem...it's more a function of wanting to keep things neat. Both hang on the inside of the closet doors nicely. Never in the way. Keeps the bottom of the closet uncluttered. I also bring a collapsible laundry bag.

I like to hang it out on the OUTSIDE of the bathroom door, using the over-the-door hooks that come with the organizer.

By having it on the outside of the bathroom, it's accessible to the person getting dressed / made up out in the bedroom while the other person is in the shower.

I use it for lotions, sunscreen, hair brushes and accessories, jewelry, makeup, sunglasses, hats, etc. -- all things I need access to in the room itself, not the bathroom.

Have never used - always have enough storage room. One thing I do use - idea on Cruise Critic - small canvas folding baskets - the kind that fit in those storage cubes. Very handy to keep one on cabin vanity and one in bathroom.

We are sailing in May and was wondering where you get the baskets? Do you have a picture of one? They sound perfect to keep things together in the bathroom.

We are sailing in May and was wondering where you get the baskets? Do you have a picture of one? They sound perfect to keep things together in the bathroom.

You can buy them at any Target, Walmart type store, also home improvement stores like Home Depot, Lowes.

Look where they sell the cube type storage, usually made out of particle board. The baskets are like canvas drawers. They fit in the cubes. They come in loads of different sizes - usually folded and shrink wrapped - lots of bright colors. Popular for storage for kids, dorms. Hope that explanation helps! Don't have a picture.

You can buy them at any Target, Walmart type store, also home improvement stores like Home Depot, Lowes.

Look where they sell the cube type storage, usually made out of particle board. The baskets are like canvas drawers. They fit in the cubes. They come in loads of different sizes - usually folded and shrink wrapped - lots of bright colors. Popular for storage for kids, dorms. Hope that explanation helps! Don't have a picture.

Thanks for the info!