Status of "Always Available Salmon"

Alicomp

As has been mentioned recently, the always available salmon is no longer on the dining room menu. I was concerned about this because I frequently ordered salmon. We are just off two weeks on the Emerald. On the first day I went to the Maitre d' and asked about the salmon and voiced my concern. He smiled and said, all you have to do is ask your waiter and you will have it. Sure enough, I asked, and although it takes an extra 15 - 20 minutes, I had my salmon and steamed veggies, just like the old days.

As has been mentioned recently, the always available salmon is no longer on the dining room menu. I was concerned about this because I frequently ordered salmon. We are just off two weeks on the Emerald. On the first day I went to the Maitre d' and asked about the salmon and voiced my concern. He smiled and said, all you have to do is ask your waiter and you will have it. Sure enough, I asked, and although it takes an extra 15 - 20 minutes, I had my salmon and steamed veggies, just like the old days.

Thanks...hopefully the executive chef & maître d' on the other ships will have the same policy...standardization isn't always routine. ;)

Thanks for the info. :) I love salmon and usually have it 2-3 times depending on length of the cruise. Don't mind waiting the extra minutes for it.

I think that it must depend on the ship/head chef. Last month on the Ruby it was on the menu nightly. And that is even though the menu also had 3 new Curtis Stone always available menu items.

One other thing. The three CS dishes did not include a fish selection. Maybe that had something to do with it.

Edited by ar1950

If you ask the night before, there is just about anything you can get in the MDR. I traveled with a group where two of the gentlemen wanted bouillabaisse. They talked to their head waiter and sure enough, it was ready for them the next night.

If you know you want the salmon, just ask for it the night before and you probably won't have to wait those extra 20-25 minutes

Thanks...hopefully the executive chef & maître d' on the other ships will have the same policy...standardization isn't always routine. ;)

That is so true. We are on the Diamond next month, one of the ships to go all Curtis Stone on us, so we'll see if the salmon can still be had. DH loves the stuff.

I think that it must depend on the ship/head chef. Last month on the Ruby it was on the menu nightly. And that is even though the menu also had 3 new Curtis Stone always available menu items.

One other thing. The three CS dishes did not include a fish selection. Maybe that had something to do with it.

Just off the Ruby. Agree with the above. Salmon on the always available menu each night.

Btw. My husband had the flank steak on the CS menu (which was the same each night as well) and thought it was quite good.

If you ask the night before, there is just about anything you can get in the MDR. I traveled with a group where two of the gentlemen wanted bouillabaisse. They talked to their head waiter and sure enough, it was ready for them the next night.

If you know you want the salmon, just ask for it the night before and you probably won't have to wait those extra 20-25 minutes

Thanks, will keep that in mind.:)

Just off the Ruby. Agree with the above. Salmon on the always available menu each night.

Btw. My husband had the flank steak on the CS menu (which was the same each night as well) and thought it was quite good.

I sure hope salmon is still available in May on the Ruby. I love to "flake" a piece of salmon into my fettuccine Alfredo.