San Juan with kids, How does this sound?

AlmostToTheFun

Hi, after searching all week for the perfect cruise I finally put my deposit down. One of our stops is San Juan. I have been researching all evening and think I have San Juan figured out. Let me know what you think, especially if you see any incorrect information. We will be in port from 8-4. My little's will be 3,5 and 7.

Get a cab and have them drop us off at Castillo San Felipe del Morro. Assuming the cab will cost around $20, total guess. Then walk back down to cruise ports from Del morrow stopping at kid attractions.

So in this order-

1. Explore Del Morro Fort and bring kites for kids. This will cost $6 for me and DH, kids are free.

2. Walk to Plaza del Quinto Centenario. This walk should be 10 minutes. let kids play on fountain splash area.

3. Walk to the children's museum, <5 minute walk. $5 per adult and $7 per child, $29 total.

4. Walk to Parque de las Palomas (Pigeon Park),<5 minute walk. Hopefully someone is there with bird seeds so kids can feed them. $10 at most I would think.

5. Head to Paseo de la Princesa. 5 minute walk. Walk along, I I read there is a playground along the way. I can't find the name or info but if there is let kids stop and play.

6. Head back to port. 10 more minutes.

This will be 35 minute of walking with lots of stops. Total cost $65.

...And that's it. Any other kid friendly things along the way? Is all this stuff up date?

Unless you are getting some kind of discount, admission to the forts is $5 and covers both forts (just keep your ticket)

At Parque de las Palomas, there was a little old man with bags of corn. He was just sitting there and didn't say anything. The corn is $1. The pigeons will flock like crazy and land on whoever has the bag so warn the kids of this. If anybody doesn't like birds, this is not the place :)

It all sounds fine but maybe too much scheduling?

If the kids are having fun in the fountain, let them skip the kid's museum, for example. It's vacation. Who wants to be stuck to a stop watch? :D Some of those 5-10 minute walks may actually turn into 20 minute walks. What if they see something along the way they want to look at? What if you see something that catches your attention?

What about lunch? A snack? Cold drink? Ice cream?

Edited by sail7seas

The places sound right for your kids but like others have said, forget the time to/from any place. Enjoy yourselves! Also on the pigeon park. The bird do land on you and some other things can land on you as well so bring some moist towelettes (baby wipes) just in case and some travel size hand sanitizer for when you're done there. The park at Paseo la Princesa is currently under renovations so I hope it's finished by the time you get there. Another thing to watch for: at Paseo la Princesa, look for the big fountain in the distance. Right behind it and to the left there are areas with a clear view down into the water (it has bars, the kids won't fall in). If you look closely you're likely to see huge tarpon fish just roaming around the area since there are fishermen that feed them once in a while. If you're lucky you might even see big orange or yellow starfish at the bottom since it's just a few feet deep.

Instead of getting a cab, why not take the free tourist bus that will take you up to the fort. Then after touring you can still walk down.

That's what we plan to do.

We took the free tourist bus last feb and I am quite sure we could have walked there more quickly. It was overcrowded, no seats for many, dirty, smelly and very very slow. And hot.

I will not be taking it when we go next month. Live and learn.