Help with cruise n stay n park FLL

coordinator23

Most of the information I am accessing is older. I am cruising in April with my 90 year old parents. We are driving to port and need a hotel/motel with a shuttle and parking for the duration of the 10 day cruise. I have been on the web, but am still having problems finding a place that's decent, reasonably priced and offers two way shuttle service. (What's with this we'll drop you off, but not pick you up business some hotels offer?) (Or we only do airport shuttle, but bill ourselves as a port hotel?) I was leaning toward Roadway Inn at one point, but have not read very good reviews. My father has mobility issues and cannot climb stairs.

Help please!

In your research you should have come across the website sunny.org, which lists the Ft Lauderdale hotels, and their amenities, like shuttles and parking. Check that out, it is the commonly recommended way to research hotels in the area.

Only you can define "reasonable". We don't know your definition. Sometimes lower price means a place you don't want to be, or leave your car.

Taxi (in place of shuttle) is commonly used, and is not typically an expensive choice- $15-25 each way for the cab.

Edited by CruiserBruce

Under $200 if possible. Mid range hotel. Not a Day's inn or Motel 6 or a top tier hotel. I want parking if possible with a shuttle both ways. Something without stairs, and if possible, includes a breakfast. Would go up to $250. Have seen some over $300 who charge and additional $100 for parking and charge for a one way shuttle. Don't want to pay $400-500 to stay a night, park and shuttle. Guess I'm spoiled, because I usually sail out of Port Canaveral.

You could use one of the off site parking lots to save $$ and then stay at any hotel you want. Park 'n Go is often suggested for cruises out of PE.

https://www.bookparkngo.com/ftlauderdale.php

In addition to the Sunny web site suggested above you could search for hotels offering cruise parking deals at either http://www.parksleepfly.com or http://www.stay123.com

If I was travelling with a 90-year old with mobility issues I would not focus on free shuttles that you may wait a while for - pay a few $$ more to load up into the first taxi available, or better yet park at the port. :cool:

Hello! I have not stayed at the hotel that I am recommending for you, but, I wanted to let you know that when I was planning a trip, my travel agent highly recommended the Hyatt Regency Pier 66 hotel in Fort Lauderdale when I was looking for a "snooze & cruise" type package for my in-laws, that are in their 70's. She stays there herself when sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale. Hope this helps!

Cindy

You might want to consider staying away from FLL. There maybe significant savings over staying near the port. Savings enough to pay for parking at the port. You could also do park n go. But, if there are mobility issues, you might find it better to park at the port since there would be fewer transfers between vehicles.

All things considered, it's unlikely your going to save a bunch of money particularly on a per passenger basis, ie, there are at least three of you.

On our next cruise we're staying near Orlando, about a four hour drive to the port. We're paying around $150 for a suite. We'd pay a bunch more than that at FLL. You might not want to stay that far from the port but it might pay to examine other options more in line with your budget. (You'll probably save on meals too.)