Anthem keeps docking us around

shaun07

Don't let yourself be turned off by some of the posters. You must learn how to add those posters to your IGNORE LIST. If you don't know how, let me know and I'll PM you how to do it. It is amazing how much quicker these threads read once most of the crap is filtered out :D

There are many great posters with lots & lots of knowledge. Even if I only have 2 cruises and one upcoming under my belt, our TA for our next group cruise was surprised by the amount of information, tips and details I was able to bring to the other cruisers of our group. All thanks to CC.

BTW: Welcome to CC, if it has not been done yet ;)

dp

I would like to know how to filter out the crap so if you don't mind, PM me how to do it. My fear though is that once all the crap is filtered out there will be nothing left.

The Met is NOT free, and neither is the Ferry. EVERYTHING in NYC is very expensive- a one way subway ride is up to $2.75 per person.

You're right the Met is not free. She might be thinking of the Museum of Natural History that has a suggest donation amount, but admission is donation based. However the Staten Island Ferry is free!

In your opinion did the ship captain made the right decision?

I'm not going to second guess him, because I don't have all the facts at my disposal that he had. However, I can't believe that he went against the company's ISM system, which has procedures for passage planning that takes into account extreme weather. If he followed the ISM requirements, using the information he had at the time, then he did nothing wrong. Could RCI's ISM need review? Perhaps. That is up to the flag state and the class society to determine.

tbill, I understand people having differences of opinion. My version of good food, high prices, comfortable beds, etc...is going to be totally different than someone else's. But why play into their hands? If you know their being ignorant, ignoring them is the best way to deflect them. All you're doing is feeding their fire.

That being said, I hope you enjoy your cruise (jealous of the suite!). I'm cruising with my husband "kid free" for the first time so I've already won no matter what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thank you!! You enjoy too. On a positive note I'm in the process of booking our all-inclusive beach days for our port stops! I'm really looking forward to enjoying the Caribbean beaches. It's been a very long time.

Mom.to.2 Here is the language from the RCL policy When Coverage Ends

Your coverage automatically ends on the earlier of: 1) the date the

Covered Cruise Vacation is completed; 2) the Scheduled Return

Date; 3) your arrival at the return destination on a round-trip, or the

destination on a one-way trip; 4) cancellation of the Cruise Vacation

covered by the Plan.

The language on this policy does not state city of origination of the traveler. The cruise vacation ends at the port.

you are correct. In fact, I do believe #4 is already in effect to top #3. Either way, most trip insurance won't pay out for anything from debarkation time to original scheduled end time. I purchase a different insurance that has similar, but not identical (and my reading is not as strict) language in it. Most insurance probably does.

Since RCI gave the original planned return time and told people to make plans based on that, and now has changed the time, for whatever reasons they deemed necessary, they should at the very least be compensating for any change fees or doubled change fees.

Mom.to.2 Here is the language from the RCL policy When Coverage Ends

Your coverage automatically ends on the earlier of: 1) the date the

Covered Cruise Vacation is completed; 2) the Scheduled Return

Date; 3) your arrival at the return destination on a round-trip, or the

destination on a one-way trip; 4) cancellation of the Cruise Vacation

covered by the Plan.

The language on this policy does not state city of origination of the traveler. The cruise vacation ends at the port.

The policy I have booked for my upcoming April cruise isn't through RCL (bought it on insuremytrip) and the language on that policy states "the date you return to your origination point if prior to the scheduled return date." Would the origination point not be a cruiser's home airport?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The policy I have booked for my upcoming April cruise isn't through RCL (bought it on insuremytrip) and the language on that policy states "the date you return to your origination point if prior to the scheduled return date." Would the origination point not be a cruiser's home airport?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it would depend if you are insuring your flight tickets and their cost, or just the cruise portion of the vacation. Interesting question. I don't know.

They should have went straight to port. Let anyone off who wanted off and then continued back to bayone. It has been rocky the whole way back.

It hasn't been a nice enjoyable cruise back to bayone like some make it sound. Most shows have been cancelled because of the rocking. There is no water in any pools or hot tubs. The indoor pool and solarium has broken windows in the Roof that can't be shut so it's freezing. A lot of activities have not been able to move forward. A lot of pax are sea sick and anxious about not knowing what was really going on.

I will say the staff have been great. Amazing to be honest considering they have also been put through the ringer too.

I feel angry and happy all at once. Angry that we were forced into a very avoidable situation and how the aftermath was dealt with but happy to have come out of it.

Yes, that is my point, there are two sides. Its all honky dory to post the positives, the people praising RCCL, but don't go posting any negative comments! Don't call it a horror or horrific experience... Can we stop only presenting the "positive" side.

Enough already of the defense and trying to sugar coat a real, preventable, horrifying experience!

With you on this board there is no concern that only the positive will be represented.

There are plenty of biased opinions on here. Plenty of unchecked facts. I take it you are referring to everyone right? Do t discriminate [emoji15]

I agree, plenty of biased opinions. What I think, IMO, is that folks should wait and reserve judgement until most facts are known. Right now it's all speculation, guesses and sometimes wild opinions. Folks let out of context information sway their opinions as if it is fact. Fact ship hit storm, fact very scary for most folks (some probably enjoyed the ride), fact ship heading back to home port, fact some folks will be traumatized, some will be exhilarated, some just grateful to be off ship, fact half of those facts are still opinions so guess we all have to wait and see What the true facts are...

759b5a3a77e1d9a83f0e645deb5921eb.jpg

I can't claim originality on this pic but thought it appropriate especially for a certain someone I keep seeing everywhere with her negativity....I think John (jon&lala?) posted this in another thread. [emoji16]

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

HAHA.......I love it. Thank you for posting.

:D:D:D:D:D

Mom.to.2 - LMaxwell is correct. If your insurance only covers the cruise portion, your trip is over at port. If your insurance covered flights and cruise - There is a good chance your flights "could" be covered. If your airline tickets are not covered in the insurance your "origination point" is the port not your home city.

This is a new Cruise Critic game... called Whack a Troll :D

dp

That's really :D:D

There should be a "wack a troll" app game on cc. As you place posters on ignore the trolls in the game get the names on the I list

Edited by setsail

They should have went straight to port. Let anyone off who wanted off and then continued back to bayone. It has been rocky the whole way back.

It hasn't been a nice enjoyable cruise back to bayone like some make it sound. Most shows have been cancelled because of the rocking. There is no water in any pools or hot tubs. The indoor pool and solarium has broken windows in the Roof that can't be shut so it's freezing. A lot of activities have not been able to move forward. A lot of pax are sea sick and anxious about not knowing what was really going on.

I will say the staff have been great. Amazing to be honest considering they have also been put through the ringer too.

I feel angry and happy all at once. Angry that we were forced into a very avoidable situation and how the aftermath was dealt with but happy to have come out of it.

Your honesty touches me. Thank you.

Please tell me what hotel rooms this weekend are under $100..I would love to hear this. I have lived in NYC all my life and KNOW this isn't true. I currently live in Manhattan. Even hotels that charge by the hour on the west side get close to a hundred bucks after 3 hours. LOL but true.

I've stayed at the club quarters in the financial district for 99 a night on a weekend. Many of the hotels down in this part of the city are inexpensive because there's very little going on in this part of town.

I've been following this thread as we sailed this same route on Anthem recently ourselves. The only comment I wanted to put out there was regarding the two separate pictures those two guys posted of themselves standing upright in their cabins while the room around them is clearly tilted (the one guy is giving the thumbs up).

I copied those pictures and took on good faith they are an accurate representation of the two guys standing upright while the ship was tilted.

Remarkably, both photos have nice straight lines between fixed points of reference (the closet shelf for the one guy and the door frame for the other) and their body line.

Now, we can never know if these photos were taken at the peak of the ship rolling (but we could probably get time stamps from the guys that took them), but we can still measure them. You know what was interesting? Both of them, by my admittedly crude drawing and measuring, were pretty similar.

Any guesses on the angle I measured?

I came up with 11 degrees.

It's very possible the rolling became much worse later, or they took a picture doing a not so bad roll, or they failed to capture the peak. But in those photos, I measured them at 11 degrees.

If anybody else wants to do the same, I'd be curious to see what you come up with.