Over the bed storage? on the Silhouette

cwbabe48

The Ikea bag idea is interesting. We like to pack light and I find the storage cubes to be a cumbersome and weighty option.

That second link is not working for me.

The picture posted by Joann (texas girl) shows the bags we use also. We, too, get them from eBags (they have sales too). These are neither cumbersome or heavy. They keep your suitcase tidy even after the TSA people try to make a dogs dinner out of it. They can then be transferred to the overhead as shown or into drawers.

Be careful using the overheads. We left a pair of pants up there. It's so easy to do when they get pushed to the back.

• 11 months later...
It would be helpful if they would ask their actual passengers which features we want and don't want, something they can easily do on their end of cruise surveys.

But they should have done that already, before starting to design the new ships.

Let's just hope they don't again consult the 5 women who designed the impractical cabin storage on the S-class ships. :eek:

I guess people have to complain about something. The S-Class ships are beautiful as they are. I wouldn't change a thing. There is more than enough closet space for anyone to use. I have no problem with the storage over the bed. There's lots of nooks and crannies to put things on. Bring a laundry bag and hang it from one of the wall hooks.

If you wanted to be resourceful you could store half your stuff in your luggage which you keep under your bed,

I have no patience for this sort of stuff. It's a cabin not a room at the Hilton. Here's an idea: take less stuff with you !

People would complain if they got more storage that there wasn't enough room to move around in the cabin. Geesh.

We have used the 11" cube/cubby to store our folding clothes, underware and thought they worked very well. the only problem was that they are heavy and who wants the added weight in your luggage. Last trip I threw in a couple of target shopping bags, the kind you buy for .99. Almost no weight to them and they worked as well as the cube did.

Sent from my SM-T900 using Forums mobile app

We pick up a couple of storage cubes from our local Dollar store before each cruise. They are about 11 X 11 each when opened. We personally have found them quite useful. Since they dont cost much, we usually end up leaving them for a future guest (well, also the suitcases now have some souvenirs taking up room!)

I was on the Solstice. Storage was not good. Closet was to small for two women. Bins above beds are horrible. I am short and a senior citizen. To use the bins I would have to stand on the bed and throw things in. If something fell to the back, there was no way for me to retrieve them. My daughter is taller, and of course, younger than me. She was able to store things, not being used, in the bins.

I guess I'm missing something - I love the over the bed storage and I'm only 5'1". I throw a few things up there that I don't use very often (evening bag, pashima for chic night, etc). Even on the 14 night cruise I don't have any trouble with storage. Is it the difference between doing laundry on board and trying to pack enough clothes to not do laundry? I've done extensive trip reviews on how and what I pack but still not getting the issue with not enough storage as I've always had plenty with space to spare. I do use every hanger they have to put most of my clothes in the closet also putting pants and shirt on same hanger so my outfits are ready to go.

Closet - most of clothes

Drawer one - my "delicates"

Drawer two - DH's underthings

Drawer three - misc. stuff

Closet - all our pants/shirts/formal wear

Bottom of closet - shoes

Overhead bin - misc bags/wraps/jacket or other things that are not used often.

Desk drawer - makeup, 2 chargers for phone/camera

Night stand - book, iPad, camera

I will admit to being a bit OCD and a crazy neat freak so I am compelled to ensure everything has a place and nothing is just floating around.