Adding another person to a reservation

2hearted

Has anyone added another person to an existing room after final payment? My daughter and her friend currently have a room that can sleep three, but there are only two people in it. I was wondering if I could add a third friend to the room.

What "probably" above means is that even though the cabin has a third bed, the lifeboat capacity is not the same as the total amount of beds onboard so if the cruise is already very booked, there is a chance that you can't add another passenger even though your room had space for them.

This is quite rare though, before that happens they usually raise the price for 3rd (and up) passengers so high that booking a new cabin can be more profitable. Most likely you won't have a problem adding a third passenger.

The only person/people who could answer that with any authority are the people at NCL. Make sure you get it in writing.

Call!!

Hmm...what? :D

Either they can add the third passenger and do it right then, or they can't - there is no answer they could get in writing as if they were able to amend the reservation now, nobody can guarantee that they could do it anymore tomorrow.

Also, if they amend the booking, there most definitely will be paperwork as there is an immediate payment involved too.

Has anyone added another person to an existing room after final payment? My daughter and her friend currently have a room that can sleep three, but there are only two people in it. I was wondering if I could add a third friend to the room.

Either they can add the third passenger and do it right then, or they can't - there is no answer they could get in writing as if they were able to amend the reservation now, nobody can guarantee that they could do it anymore tomorrow.

Also, if they amend the booking, there most definitely will be paperwork as there is an immediate payment involved too.

The OP did not say who was going to pay. He (I assume a male for convenience)was enquiring if it could be done. If it can, he may need to discuss the payment with the person to be added. NCL may give him 1-2-6 hours to make a decision and so he should get the offer in writing.

The OP did not say who was going to pay. He (I assume a male for convenience)was enquiring if it could be done. If it can, he may need to discuss the payment with the person to be added. NCL may give him 1-2-6 hours to make a decision and so he should get the offer in writing.

Also be very aware of amending altering the original booking losing the Promos

Perks and Latitude Rewards points.

It is not always that simple to add people to your cabin but it should be - simple

as the cabin has a price on it divided by the number of occupants.

The only real addition should be the port taxes and fees applied to each person

in that cabin.

What "probably" above means is that even though the cabin has a third bed, the lifeboat capacity is not the same as the total amount of beds onboard so if the cruise is already very booked, there is a chance that you can't add another passenger even though your room had space for them.

This is quite rare though, before that happens they usually raise the price for 3rd (and up) passengers so high that booking a new cabin can be more profitable. Most likely you won't have a problem adding a third passenger.

Very true, I was just checking prices for a friend of mine and the 3rd person in a room is now $250 more than pax 1 and 2 .

It is not always that simple to add people to your cabin but it should be - simple

in that cabin.

That is not correct. Adding additional guests normally increases the total cost of the cabin (in addition to the taxes and fees). The cruise fare added for passengers 3-4 is usually different from what passengers 1 and 2 pay, but it is only $0 if a promotional offer is applied (friends & family sail free).

How about before final payment? 3 & 4 sail free?
Before or after final payment doesn't matter. Most of the time, guests 3 & 4 (and 5, 6, 7, & 8) must pay a cruise fare. At the moment, they are offering guests 3 & 4 for free on select sailings. This includes many last minute cruises that are past final payment. And most cruises that are still outside of final payment are not eligible for this offer. Edited by hawkeyetlse

Also be very aware of amending altering the original booking losing the Promos

Perks and Latitude Rewards points.

in that cabin.

This would not be a change or amendment to the original booking. It is easy to add extra people. The price for the first two passengers is averaged, but passengers 3 - 8 don't work that way.

If there is room you just pay the 3rd person fare and are good to go.

We added our DD 18, 3 weeks before the 12/12/15 sailing on the Escape. If there was not room on the sailing, we would not have been able to add her, as stated by my PCC. We were in an Aft PH suite. We had to pay the port fees and the cost for adding her. Your mileage may vary...