NCL Jade Western Caribbean 01/09 Review/Blog

daniTS

Thanks for the post. Our next cruise will be on the Jade in November out of Tampa (same itinerary as yours - it replaces the Star which is relocating end of April). NCL's private island in Belize should be done by then, so it will be a shorter tender and a nice beach and fun zone.

Great blog/review. Can you tell me what time you were able to walk off the ship in Cozumel? NCL says docking is 11 but I'm not sure if you got there earlier or not.

We were in Cozumel on the Jade last week and we got off the ship at about 10:50 a.m., so it was a little early.

Thanks for the review. Mentioning the captain and his excitement about getting off the ship, I noticed that when we first boarded and walked past the photos of the executive crew by the Library, the captain was the one you had. But later that day, the photo had changed to the current captain, Kim Karlsson. So they changed captains with our sailing on Jan. 30. At the Q&A, Karlsson said they work ten weeks on and ten weeks off. He seemed very serious, but at public appearances he had a very witty and dry sense of humor.

Thanks for the post. Our next cruise will be on the Jade in November out of Tampa (same itinerary as yours - it replaces the Star which is relocating end of April). NCL's private island in Belize should be done by then, so it will be a shorter tender and a nice beach and fun zone.

That should be nice! We aren't beach people really, but it's a gorgeous part of the world, so I have no doubt it will be a great area and a really fun day!

Hi all--

Thanks for all the nice comments! I hope it was a little bit useful for someone--I know there isn't that much about the Jade on that route out there.

As for Cozumel, I really don't remember, so whomever posted up thread about the time was probably more on top of it than me! I think we got off around 12, but we weren't rushing to anything.

Cheers,

Dani