Wh has stayed in the cabins on Deck 2 of the Serenade?

AtleeH

Especially the interior cabins. I noticed there are only 29 total cabins down there, and only 12 interior ones.

It almost seems like a private colony there. The only other public space on deck 2 are the medical facilities. The rest is either ships operating spaces or ships crew berthing spaces, I presume.

Also, there are some pink L category Interior Cabins and mostly brown Q category IC's. What is the difference?

I will be in Q-2019 Interior Cabin.

Edited by AtleeH

I stayed in Cabin 2015 on Radiance (Sister ship to Serenade) last year and the cabin was perfectly fine. As a matter of fact, I'll be staying in the same cabin next year when I go back on Radiance for the Hawaii-repo. Deck is extremely quiet. It's very close to the deck 2 midship gangway but I didn't hear anything. Super convenient for getting off and on the ship in port.

Especially the interior cabins. I noticed there are only 29 total cabins down there, and only 12 interior ones.

It almost seems like a private colony there. The only other public space on deck 2 are the medical facilities. The rest is either ships operating spaces or ships crew berthing spaces, I presume.

Also, there are some pink L category Interior Cabins and mostly brown Q category IC's. What is the difference?

I will be in Q-2019 Interior Cabin.

The only difference between L and Q on the Serenade is that cat Q only holds 2 passengers while category L holds more than 2. Both are the same size.

I did a transatlantic on deck 2 (2015) on the Brilliance and loved it. It is like a private colony down there. There is a door at the end of the hall that is occasionally used by staff, but there was virtually no foot traffic in the hallway except for residents.

I liked it so much I booked 2005 for my upcoming Hawaii to Vancouver trip in April.

The only difference between L and Q on the Serenade is that cat Q only holds 2 passengers while category L holds more than 2. Both are the same size.

Yes, RCI now classify cabins that can accommodate more than two as a higher category so they typically can get more money for them. Normally these are classed as cat. K on Radiance class ship but since it's deck 2 they are giving those who need one of these some what of a break, classing them as a L. :rolleyes:

I find often after the final payment date when we typically book, these more than 2 cabins are often cheaper than the so called lower categories due to these having a lot higher availability, likely because of their higher cost. :D

Edited by robtulipe

Thanks all for your comments. Lots of good info there.

The cabins on deck 2 seemed to be a little secluded. The only problem could have been if the non public spaces were noisy.

I stayed on Deck 2 in an outside cabin on the serenade. It was nice. Quiet and really easy to get on and off the ship since the gangway was right there. I would stay on that floor again.