Diamond question

rid891

I've wondered the same thing. No disrespect meant but I can remember being 'new' cruisers in the Concierge Lounge and meeting many very nice seasoned cruisers. However, there would be large gatherings of D+'s 'reserving' all of the seats and they were obnoxious, loud blowhards. Now I'm a D +.... Will need to try not to be 'that' guy. ;)

They generally don't even know themselves until a hand full of days before the cruise when they "run the manifest".

I know on a 7 day they usually get the numbers for the next cruise early to mid week the week before (Which can change all the way up until the day of sailing).

You can try to look at the Roll Calls.. often it will give you an idea.

Also, the numbers when the prices are high are lower (Unless it's a special or unique sailing or long sailing), and when there are good deals on cruises the numbers tend to be a bit higher - but again, you never know. Recently on the Indy as part of a B2B and there was 5 Pinnacle, and less than 150 other Diamond or above. I was on the same cruise the same week the year before (however on the Liberty) and there were almost 20 Pinnacle, and over 500 Diamond and Above. You just never know how the numbers will come together.

Edited by Firefighterhoop

I've wondered the same thing. No disrespect meant but I can remember being 'new' cruisers in the Concierge Lounge and meeting many very nice seasoned cruisers. However, there would be large gatherings of D+'s 'reserving' all of the seats and they were obnoxious, loud blowhards. Now I'm a D +.... Will need to try not to be 'that' guy. ;)

I'm afraid there's no way around it. You are that guy now. :D

Anxiously counting down the days till our grand entry into the Diamond Lounge. I may set the town right away by yelling out loud, "Let's party, where's the beer!"

Guest maddycat

That's why we avoid the diamond lounge/concierge lounge and go to a bar during the evening cocktail hours.

I've wondered the same thing. No disrespect meant but I can remember being 'new' cruisers in the Concierge Lounge and meeting many very nice seasoned cruisers. However, there would be large gatherings of D+'s 'reserving' all of the seats and they were obnoxious, loud blowhards Now I'm a D +.... Will need to try not to be 'that' guy. ;)

Just wondering.....How can you look at a passenger and determine their crown and anchor status or state room type accommodation. How do you know they were D+? Many in various categories do not wear any C&A pin or wear their sea pass card on a lanyard. Those in the CL could be D+, P or new passengers booked in a suite.

enjoy

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

Is there anyway to determine before a cruise how many D, D+, P might be on your cruise?

Not trying to sound flippant, but why? Will it affect your decision to cruise? Or just curious? I know it isn't any of my business, just curious as to the reason for the question.

As to other comments, I'm D+. I'm not "that guy." Yes if I get into the lounge (any lounge) before our friends, I get a table for 4 and save the seats if they are coming soon. But very often we ask others to join us and then just pull up unused chairs when our friends arrive. I think the "frequency" of rude behavior is much lower than people like to cite. I have done 27 cruises and can't remember any cruise that sticks out where I ran into hordes of rude Diamond and Diamond + cruisers. Maybe I just don't care enough to notice.

Just wondering.....How can you look at a passenger and determine their crown and anchor status or state room type accommodation. How do you know they were D+? Many in various categories do not wear any C&A pin or wear their sea pass card on a lanyard. Those in the CL could be D+, P or new passengers booked in a suite.

enjoy

M

OK, I thought it but you asked it. I was gonna' ask and then I thought, 'Here we go again.' ;):D

enjoy

M

I don't think you can just "look at a passenger and determine," but many times the more...colorful...types are going out of their way to make it known. So, that's one way.