Cameras?

Starflyr3

I ordered a camera - figured that since I want to take pictures, I would like to be able to do it underwater and not having to worry about my iphone getting wet - and it just got here. Squee!!

It's a Nikon Coolpix S33. Not the fanciest, but Im not looking for expensive unless (or until...) I get better at taking pics.

What kinds of cameras do y'all use for cruises/beachy vacays?

We use the Olympus TG-4.

That's the same one we use. It replaced our other Tough camera.....which, hopefully, someone else has found and is using by now....:p (it got dropped somewhere along the way on a late night Atv mud run). We've been happy with the Olympus Tough cameras. They take decent pics, are rugged, and easy to use.

I actually still use some of the first CoolPix camera's the X12's! We have two of them we bought closer to when they first came out, and even though compared to today's standards, I think they are just fine and amazing!

Looking into them I did see issues with the models in the 20's for them, but not the 30+'s which you have which is a good thing. Alas at the time, I couldn't justify spending $200 on a vacation camera for a 12 yr old so :D

But I will say since at least yearly use in the ocean, many theme park trips and hiking trips, our CoolPix's have lasted VERY well since 2008 when we got them best investment ever IMO. Sure it could be better, but alas not looking to spend a ton on cameras, we are memory people more than picture people anyways.

We use a GoPro Hero 4 Silver. We bought it mainly for our scuba trips, but we use it for snorkeling as well. It takes great pictures and video and it's high enough resolution that you can zoom and crop pictures without them getting blurry or pixelated.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

my wife and I got a canon powershot d20 2 years ago it goes to 33 feet under water. Most in the stores only go to 10 feet. for the same price you pay in store just for camera only. we went to sears website as they don't have this in the store and for same price we got the camera, memory card, 2 batteries charger and cord for hookup to computer etc. It takes fantastic pictures and is pocket size

I use one of these for beach days .... no big deal if it gets stolen.

k2-_28d253d1-853b-4fdc-b917-d09a46b93ee1.v1.jpg-9a2df3f8db291cf5ad45f8148d90be651f29ceb4-optim-450x450.jpg

I almost did, but these still use film and the pics have to actually be developed, right? (I know they used to)

I really want digital...we dont really "do" actual photos anymore...

I currently use a Pentax Optio. I used to use a Canon D10.

IMGP1111_zpsbwzlhqjs.jpg

TY_zps434488a1.jpg

Out of water photo. The camera was already wet, so there were some drops on the lens ...

dTor9_zps9fe7bbdc.jpg

Here is an above water photo before the camera got wet ...

CorolWorldIMGP0097_zpsfe56b009.jpg

And back below water ...

CorolWorldIMGP0120_zps731ade47.jpg

I normally use a Canon t3i, but before the last trip also picked up a Nikon s33. As someone mentioned, it not having the viewfinder took some getting used to, but I really wanted something waterproof for the Virgin Gorda Baths. I did a bit of underwater with it on St Thomas as well. It does as well as one can expect for a $100 point and shoot. :)

I ordered a camera - figured that since I want to take pictures, I would like to be able to do it underwater and not having to worry about my iphone getting wet - and it just got here. Squee!!

It's a Nikon Coolpix S33. Not the fanciest, but Im not looking for expensive unless (or until...) I get better at taking pics.

What kinds of cameras do y'all use for cruises/beachy vacays?

I have the Coolpix S33 and I'm very satisfied with the photos it takes both underwater and on dry land. I did find the view screen difficult to see in bright light though. Also, and this might be specific to my camera, when using it for video a scratching sound could periodically be heard when I played it back on my computer. For a hundred bucks I think it's a good buy.