I wish there was somebody on QM now to report on her fascinating world voyage

Cats2010

• 2 weeks later...

actually DH and I were on the QM NYC to Valpo and passing the horn was amazing. It was beautiful weather, cold, but clear and lovely to be out on deck. Amazing (although not really suprising) how similar the Horn itself was to Nord Kapp in Norway. It was truly a great trip, all 31 days of it from snow in NYC to mild in Floriday, to hot as Hades in Brazil, to cold around the Horn, and then warm/hot in Valpo. Recommend this trip to everyone.

Thank you, Oslofjord, for your notes and yes, this must have been an extraordinary voyage and I hope QM2 will do it again, no matter what the weather will be like. Here on the European continent we have it cold again and snow is forecasted for the end of this week.

Many happy sailings

and regards

from Cats 2010 :)

The QM2 took us around the Horn, from Ft Lauderdale to Los Angeles in 2009, and this is the FIRST TIME she has returned to most of that route since then.

My advice is: if you see a voyage with an itinerary you want, BOOK !!!! Some routes are offered time and again and some routes come up less often. Sailing around the Horn, aboard the QM2, is one of those special voyages that doesn't seem to be offered often enough.

My heart is on the ship now and thank you to Cats2010 for eliciting the update (and wonderful photo). (DH and I would have booked, also, if not for…. So, maybe, next time!)

Jimmybean

My pleasure, jimmybean, and oh, you did it :)! It must be unforgettable!

It is true that she should cruise the Hoorn more often, but maybe she will do it again during her 2018 world cruise??

I am thinking of doing an opinion poll to collect voices ... :D

• 3 weeks later...

I passed her on a ferry this morning in Circular Quay. To my dismay, someone was standing on the balcony of my suite!

I really need to get around to finishing my Jan TA review. Haven't stopped since I got back from my trip. Crazy year - already 3 months in!

I passed her on a ferry this morning in Circular Quay. To my dismay, someone was standing on the balcony of my suite!

I really need to get around to finishing my Jan TA review. Haven't stopped since I got back from my trip. Crazy year - already 3 months in!

It's funny how she becomes a second home after a while when you think to yourself "Who dares to take possession of my ship!"

Thank you for sharing this, and too blue or not too blue - I wish I was there!

I'm a bit blue because I'm not (there), Cats2010 :(

Thanks for posting the photo, Ray66.

I agree: she does feel like a second-home, after a while….

I look forward to reading the thread linked by OzKiwiJJ. (Thanks for sharing)

Jimmybean.

When you disembarked it took them a day to empty the Champagne bottles out of your suite!!