Lunch in MDR?

sunshine nana

We have cruised many times with Celebrity and Princess, but this week we received a mailing from Regent. I hope some of you can answer my question so that I don't have to read many threads from the past. Does Regent offer a MDR lunch? everyday?. We do not like the buffet and like the idea that both Princess and Celebrity and even NCL have a sit-down lunch at least on sea days and with Luminae on Celebrity or a suite on NCL the lunch is possible even on port days. Thanks

We have cruised many times with Celebrity and Princess, but this week we received a mailing from Regent. I hope some of you can answer my question so that I don't have to read many threads from the past. Does Regent offer a MDR lunch? everyday?. We do not like the buffet and like the idea that both Princess and Celebrity and even NCL have a sit-down lunch at least on sea days and with Luminae on Celebrity or a suite on NCL the lunch is possible even on port days. Thanks

Yes, lunch is generally served in the MDR daily except the embarkation day. Be aware, like breakfast in the MDR, service is generally slow.

We usually have both breakfast and lunch in Compass Rose (the main dining room). It seems that this dining venue has become significantly more popular as more and more people prefer to be served rather than going to the buffet. We have not found the service to be slower at breakfast than at lunch or dinner. On mornings when we have early excursions, we grab a bite at either La Veranda or the Coffee Connection - both of which open early (Compass Rose opens at 8:00 a.m.).

I just had another thought that I want to share. On sea days, the themed pool deck buffets are really great. We particularly like the seafood, Indian and Greek buffets. They are definitely worth checking out before having lunch in CR (Compass Rose).

Since you have not sailed on a small luxury ship before, I suggest that you ask your TA and/or Cruise Critic members questions to help you decide if you would like to book a Regent cruise. Also, if you have not done so already, check out the rssc.com website - there is a lot of information there.

Just off the Navigator. We hate buffets as well, BUT Navigator was the exception. Linen table cloths and napkins. Never a queue. Always a table available as they open Prime Seven next door as a spill over. Plenty of staff clearing away and plenty of wine waiters.

Give Regent buffet a go, you may be surprised. We were!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Just off the Navigator. We hate buffets as well, BUT Navigator was the exception. Linen table cloths and napkins. Never a queue. Always a table available as they open Prime Seven next door as a spill over. Plenty of staff clearing away and plenty of wine waiters.

Give Regent buffet a go, you may be surprised. We were!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

You made me realize that not all cruise ships have linen table cloths and napkins in their buffet restaurant. I guess I'm so used to Regent (and Silversea) that I don't think about it:)

In my opinion, I think it is a good idea to do as much research as possible before taking a cruise on any cruise line that you have not previously sailed on. While most of us love Regent and everything it has to offer, some people have sailed on only large ships and can be disappointed when they see how few restaurants, lounges and shops there are on luxury cruise lines. And, as you know, the atmosphere on Regent is fairly sedate.

You have turned into quite a spokesperson for Regent:D

We often enjoy lunch in the dining room...both the dishes of the day plus the more casual approach of being bale to compose your own sandwich.

Yes, the tables in the buffet [La Verandah] are nicely appointed.

Although we have enjoyed Seabourn, the closing of their dining room for lunch as well as those barely dusted place mats in the buffet dining area have caused us to change our focus.

I enjoy lunch in the MDR because I find it easier to do portion control there. My husband likes La Veranda for lunch, but occasionally I can drag him to the MDR.

Dennis and I have the same issue. We solved it by him going to La Veranda to make his own salad and then joining me in CR. It works well.