Insurance trouble with Next Cruise made in 2010

lovcruzing

I haven't been able to get an insurance quote since the deposit date was over 5 years ago. Has anyone else had this problem, and what did you do? It has something to do with the wording "actual deposit date on a specific ship".

If I can't get insurance will I get my deposit back? It's been so long ago!

I haven't been able to get an insurance quote since the deposit date was over 5 years ago. Has anyone else had this problem, and what did you do? It has something to do with the wording "actual deposit date on a specific ship".

Are you referring to creating a NextCruise back in 2010 that only has a booking number with no specific itinerary, ship or date assigned to it yet? If so, then you can only apply for insurance once you have converted that booking to a specific sailing date/ship/itinerary. Currently that booking is just an inactive number.

Edited by cruisenfever

Are you referring to creating a NextCruise back in 2010 that only has a booking number with no specific itinerary, ship or date assigned to it yet? If so, then you can only apply for insurance once you have converted that booking to a specific sailing date/ship/itinerary. Currently that booking is just an inactive number.

True...and your deposit date would be the day you applied it to an actual booking.

True...and your deposit date would be the day you applied it to an actual booking.

True...this has been the case for us whenever we used our FCC's (aka) NCC's...some of them have been "very" old...and our insurance was always based on the date they were turned into a booking...not...the date they were purchased.

How can you get a quote on a sailing that doesn't yet exist?

I booked my Feb. 6, '16 on Oasis using an old NCC via a TA and got travel insurance without any problems. As others have said the original date of the NCC is just that--a blank innocuous with no details of any itinerary, date of cruise or identified vessel.

Just put down the date you booked your cruise or the date you are planning to book your cruise. The insurance company doesn't care about the NCC. That's just basically a saving certificate between you and RC. They convert the certificate into a deposit at the point you book your cruise.

Just put down the date you booked your cruise or the date you are planning to book your cruise. The insurance company doesn't care about the NCC. That's just basically a saving certificate between you and RC. They convert the certificate into a deposit at the point you book your cruise.

With RCI's Cruise Care (or any insurance for that matter) the deposit has nothing to do with the cost of insurance. It's the booking date when the NC is converted that is important and the cruise fare determines the amount of insurance that will be paid per passenger.

With RCI's Cruise Care (or any insurance for that matter) the deposit has nothing to do with the cost of insurance. It's the booking date when the NC is converted that is important and the cruise fare determines the amount of insurance that will be paid per passenger.

Correct, you use the actual date you booked your cruise or if you haven't booked you can get use the today's date for an estimate.

The insurance issue described by the OP is the reason I had stopped purchasing NCC's until I discovered that Nationwide now has special cruise policies. Nationwide 's 3 cruise policies are not based on the initial booking date but rather the benefits per the policy including pre-existing conditions are covered as long as the policy is purchased prior to the cruise lines final payment date . Here's the link http://travel.nationwide.com/plans-cruise-2.html

Disclaimer - have no affiliation with Nationwide just a consumer .

Edited by xxoocruiser

Thanks everyone. My problem is that I converted it into a cruise on that date and moved the cruise several times. My deposit went from one ship and sail date thru several for the last 5 years.

Edited by lovcruzing

Thanks everyone. My problem is that I converted it into a cruise on that date and moved the cruise several times. My deposit went from one ship and sail date thru several for the last 5 years.

Your insurance will be based on the most current booking. All you need is the date that you made the last change as that would be considered the most recent booking.