Questions JS on Anthem of the Seas

I'm booked in a Family JS for my November Anthem cruise. I was surprised to see that I could already start reserving dining this far out.

Just with playing around with the reservations on my Cruise Planner I can confirm that it's already allowing reservations at Coastal Kitchen for dinner ... went all the way up to booking my party and dining time before cancelling (way too early for me to decided when / where I want to eat)

I'm booked in a Family JS for my November Anthem cruise. I was surprised to see that I could already start reserving dining this far out.

Just with playing around with the reservations on my Cruise Planner I can confirm that it's already allowing reservations at Coastal Kitchen for dinner ... went all the way up to booking my party and dining time before cancelling (way too early for me to decided when / where I want to eat)

If you're in the family connecting JS, can you all eat in Coastal Kitchen or just the JS guests i.e. if you have kids in the adjoining SI and balcony cabins too?

JS Perks:

Bathtub, walk-in closet (all but Vision class, Majesty, and Empress), dinner at Coastal Kitchen (Quantum and Oasis class only), priority check-in and boarding, tea kettle, coffee maker, bathroom amenities, robes, double C&A points, and a silver Seapass card.

No suite attendant, gratuities are the same as inside, OV, etc. No idea about WOW bands.

Add Anthem/Quantum to the list of Junior Suites that do not have a walk-in closet. Regular JS, Spa JS and Family JS all have a regular closet with plenty of hang-up storage as shown in the diagram Patti posted above.

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

If you're in the family connecting JS, can you all eat in Coastal Kitchen or just the JS guests i.e. if you have kids in the adjoining SI and balcony cabins too?

If one of the rooms has Coastal Kitchen access (JS for dinner, GS or above for all dining times) and if you link your reservations, guests can be invited. If you're nice to the ladies at the desk in front of the restaurant, you can get other non-linked friends in too as long as there's space. Just keep it low key and not a pack of people.

To confirm what someone else said, as of Feb. 6th the JS get complimentary WOW bands. There's rumblings that it will change in the future. Make sure once you get one, hold onto it and bring them to your next cruise. You can exchange bands from older cruises to bands that match your room type for the new cruise. It'll save you about $5 each.

I'll be on the Mar. 7th cruise along with some of the others that posted. I'm in a JS guarantee, but hoping they bump me to something nicer for having been on "the cruise to nowhere". <fingers crossed> See you on-board!

Add Anthem/Quantum to the list of Junior Suites that do not have a walk-in closet. Regular JS, Spa JS and Family JS all have a regular closet with plenty of hang-up storage as shown in the diagram Patti posted above.

Very surprising that they would take a step back in stateroom design on their newest ships. I appreciate the update and will change my notes.

Very surprising that they would take a step back in stateroom design on their newest ships. I appreciate the update and will change my notes.

Haven't been on Anthem yet, but I suspect that in the SJS and FJS the walk-in closet became the half bath. I think I prefer the two bathrooms - will not have to be interrupted by my DH banging on the door. On the FJS at least it looks like there is hanging space on each side of the bed.

Edited by Croozin Soozin

I agree, half bath is a must. this is our first Royal Cruise (15 Disney under our belt, trying something new) and I was happy when I saw we had this option. With 2 in the room it's not that critical but when more than 2 it's a must IMHO.

Haven't been on Anthem yet, but I suspect that in the SJS and FJS the walk-in closet became the half bath. I think I prefer the two bathrooms - will not have to be interrupted by my DH banging on the door. On the FJS at least it looks like there is hanging space on each side of the bed.

Correct. None of the JS cabins on Anthem have walk-in closets. We had a SPS on Quantum and had a very large closet and then a half closet next to the bed. We have a FJS on our upcoming Anthem cruise and we will have the same large closet but now we have 2 half closets, one on either side of the bed. Also, the dresser has 6 very deep drawers in it. More than enough closet space IMHO.

Correct. None of the JS cabins on Anthem have walk-in closets. We had a SPS on Quantum and had a very large closet and then a half closet next to the bed. We have a FJS on our upcoming Anthem cruise and we will have the same large closet but now we have 2 half closets, one on either side of the bed. Also, the dresser has 6 very deep drawers in it. More than enough closet space IMHO.

Patti, we're on the same cruise and we also have a FJS. I actually had a JS guarantee and got a SJS but then decided I'd prefer the FJS so paid the extra. I think we'll be more comfortable there. I didn't like that there wasn't a toilet in the main bath of the SJS, although I would have liked the shower in there.

Anyway, looking forward to the cruise and hopefully we'll meet at some point.

Susan

Edited by Croozin Soozin

Not sure what you mean by taking a step back, but our Spa JS on the Anthem was absolutely awesome. It was very well designed and had tons of storage space, both for hanging clothes and everything else.

The shower was incredible. The only thing I'd give low marks to was the tub, which was far too narrow to use; we put the space to good use, however, by stringing our travel clothesline across it and hanging our work out clothes and bathing suits there. :)

Patti, we're on the same cruise and we also have a FJS. I actually had a JS guarantee and got a SJS but then decided I'd prefer the FJS so paid the extra. I think we'll be more comfortable there. I didn't like that there wasn't a toilet in the main bath of the SJS, although I would have liked the shower in there.

Anyway, looking forward to the cruise and hopefully we'll meet at some point.

Susan

We had a SJS on Quantum and loved the walk-in shower. But, there is more room in the FJS and there are two toilets that, at times, could prove beneficial. :D Don't miss the walk-in closet at all because there is so much storage available. We just had to learn to adapt to not having the walk-in closet.

Hope to see you at the M&M.

Not sure what you mean by taking a step back, but our Spa JS on the Anthem was absolutely awesome. It was very well designed and had tons of storage space, both for hanging clothes and everything else.

The shower was incredible. The only thing I'd give low marks to was the tub, which was far too narrow to use; we put the space to good use, however, by stringing our travel clothesline across it and hanging our work out clothes and bathing suits there. :)

You're absolutely right, whether it's a step back is subjective. For us, the walk-in closet is a feature we enjoy, and the lack of it is considered a step back to us. However, others have different priorities.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

I'm thinking of upgrading to a Spa JS for my May Anthem cruise. I am sailing solo. I know I received triple C&A points when I sailed on Oasis a couple years ago as a solo cruiser. Is it the same for a Spa JS or only double points? Thanks [emoji4][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi all,

I'm thinking of upgrading to a Spa JS for my May Anthem cruise. I am sailing solo. I know I received triple C&A points when I sailed on Oasis a couple years ago as a solo cruiser. Is it the same for a Spa JS or only double points? Thanks [emoji4][emoji106]

You would get 3 points per night for sailing in a Spa JS as a single.