Royal Caribbean: "We reserve the right to alter an itinerary"

Anna5

First time around we missed stopping at Malta due to weather, and the port was the main reason we took that particular cruise (brother-in-law's dad was stationed there during WWII.) Best reason I can think of to book another cruise!! We then took a 2 week from Venice on the QE to make it to Malta. Still glad we missed that port the first time around :-)

What a lousy concept:

You pay over two thousand to see something, but have to sit trapped on the ship the entire cruise. The ship didn't go to the promised port, and we got only a short announcement. No facts, no profound explanation, no plan B, no compensation.

Maybe the strategy is to keep people and their money on board. The Internet access cost 20 dollars/day per device and didn't even work. A glass (= plastic cup) of cheap wine cost 10 dollars. Everything seem to serve company's money collection.

And??

It happens all the time, It's in the contract.

I don't know what you want them to do.......

All cruise lines have the same "reserve the right"....it's what YOU agreed to when you booked!

My entire itinerary changed. Did I hear about it from Royal? No. From Cruise Critic. RCI's customer service is deplorable. To this day I have received zero contact from them and my cruise was booked 60 days ago. That is pathetic.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

100% correct. Prior to our first ever cruise I read our contract front to back and word for word. Since then I have barely glanced at it.

What discovering CC in advance might have done is given the OP a heads up that a certain ports might get missed on a regular occurance for specific reasons. For example Grand Cayman or CoCo Cay, due to the weather. The few times at Labadee for protests.

Needless to say in the OP's case it is to late. Their ship had sailed.;)

My issue with RCI is their lack of communication.

Wait until you find out how inconsistent Royal Caribbean is. Some rules seem to depend on which way the wind is blowing that day.

Edited by Cuizer2

My entire itinerary changed. Did I hear about it from Royal? No. From Cruise Critic. RCI's customer service is deplorable. To this day I have received zero contact from them and my cruise was booked 60 days ago. That is pathetic.

Good thing you discovered CC prior to your cruise unlike the OP. If it is prior to your final payment you can cancel, especially if you are not happy with their communication as well as change of itinerary.

We had Princess change a port on us for and we found out it on CC a few months prior to our sailing date. It had been hit by a hurricane and we knew prior to getting on board the ship. Others getting on board the ship found out that day that Princess Cays was being changed to Costa Maya because hit was hit by a hurricane and was not up yet up and running.

As for their lack of communication from RC, I am not sure what I can do to assist you. However if you are unhappy with them now, you might want to cancel before final payment. Only you know if your displeasure will fade prior to your sailing date.

Edited by A&L_Ont

Sometimes, it can even work in your favor.

Had a cruise where we were supposed to have to Tender to a port 45 minutes out of Stockholm. However, because seas were high, the Captain decided to take us right into the City (gave us 3 extra hours in the city, and no transportation hassles) the Captain did 'apologize' for the inconvenience.

Drinks are served in plastic cups around the pool area. Broken glasses are bad for bare feet.

Never been served wine in a plastic cup by the pool, or soda, or beer. The only so called plastic cups I know of are the souvenir kind used for daiquiris and the like.

Did you read the OP? Wine in a plastic cup. Not in our 24 cruises.

Edited by cruisingsince94

A different perspective ...

In my younger days, when I was new to cruises, it was all about the itinerary and port stops. Even if it was a short cruise with only one stop, the reason I would have booked it is because of where it was stopping.

So in those days I would have been a little (perhaps a lot) disappointed if the ship didn't stop at the port, itinerary was changed or we just spent a few days at sea and returned.

Now that I have been on many cruises and experienced all kind of things that have led to itinerary changes, I see things differently. I also enjoy being on the ship a lot more and it is no longer about the port stops.

So I can see why some people might come on to a forum like this one and have a rant to express their disappointment. I would put it down to inexperience.

The risk of missing ports is one of the downsides of cruising. We mostly take land vacations and that is one of many reasons. Like anything else, cruising has it's pluses and it's drawbacks. On Cruise Critic you will obviously find that most are fans of cruising.

:eek: most people on a site dedicated to cruising are cruise fans, who'd a thunk that.

IF, the OP is even legit, questionable to many, the Brilliance to Cozumel would fit. Bermuda has overnight visits and the trip would be longer than the OP suggests.

I have yet to see wine or any other drink for that matter served in a plastic cup, therefore I also surmise that we are dealing with a con, shyster, troll, pot stirrer. Just my opinion.

poolside you get plastic cups. all other bars you get glass or the plastic souvenir cups.

Never been served wine in a plastic cup by the pool, or soda, or beer. The only so called plastic cups I know of are the souvenir kind used for daiquiris and the like.

Did you read the OP? Wine in a plastic cup. Not in our 24 cruises.

have had it served in plastic cups poolside both on Celebrity and Royal. wine and the DotD. also the occasional margarita. yeah, salt rim on a plastic cup ain't all that.