Diamond Breakfast

britty1

While on the Jewel of the Seas over the Xmas/NY holidays there was a small part of the MDR available for Diamond and above to have breakfast - Does anyone know if this is also available on Adventure of the Seas. It was a nice quiet place to enjoy breakfast if you have plenty of time. :D

When we were on Adventure last may the Diamond Club had a nice continental breakfast in the mornings and a specialty coffee machine. I think there was a small section in the MDR as well, but the menu was not different. W e couldn't figure out why they had that section since there was always plenty of room.

When we were on Freedom they let Diamonds eat from the buffet in one of the specialty restaurants and that was nice because you didn't have to look all over to find a seat. They also had better coffee and juices available.

Tom

Could be because they don't have a Diamond lounge. On Navigator there was a lounge area on the top floor where they had a simple breakfast, then snacks before dinner (along with drinks).

When we were on Adventure last may the Diamond Club had a nice continental breakfast in the mornings and a specialty coffee machine. I think there was a small section in the MDR as well, but the menu was not different. W e couldn't figure out why they had that section since there was always plenty of room.

When we were on Freedom they let Diamonds eat from the buffet in one of the specialty restaurants and that was nice because you didn't have to look all over to find a seat. They also had better coffee and juices available.

Tom

The reason for the segregated section in the main dining room is that specialty coffees such as cappuccinos and lattes are complimentary for diamonds and up in that special area.

Everything else remains the same.

Enjoy

M

Can you explain what you are talking about. We are diamond and never had a special section of any dining room set up for us where we had free specialty coffees. Were we missing something? The specialty coffee has been in the diamond lounge from the machine.

Back when Diamond members were kicked out of the Concierge Lounge, there were very few ships with a Diamond Lounge. In order to somewhat restore the free specialty coffee perk that the CL had provided, Royal set up a section in the MDR for breakfast only where Diamond members could have breakfast (same MDR breakfast as everyone else) and also get free specialty coffee.

The Diamond section for MDR breakfast usually goes away when a ship gets a dedicated Diamond Lounge, but some ships keep up the practice even after a dedicated DL is added.

Edited by clarea

Read your welcome aboard materials when you get to your cabin. It will tell you about the Diamond events scheduled for the cruise, and if the ship offers the special breakfast area, it will say so.

It has been offered on every cruise I have taken in recent memory, but that's usually Majesty, and I want to say it was offered on Indy too (but I'm not a morning person so breakfast is never a big deal to me). On Majesty it usually means better/faster service and yes, the specialty coffees plus fresh squeezed juice, etc.

Can you explain what you are talking about. We are diamond and never had a special section of any dining room set up for us where we had free specialty coffees. Were we missing something? The specialty coffee has been in the diamond lounge from the machine.

Some ships have it – and some ships do not. I can't recall which ones have that special area. Also, you have to "know" about the complementary specialty coffee. Staff do not offer it. Breakfast menu is completely the same as the rest of the dining room.

We just came off the serenade and they had a special area in the dining room for breakfast. In the spring we were on the Rhapsody and they had the area on that ship also. I recall last year that the explorer had it and I seem to remember that the enchantment also has it. I don't recall there being any special area on the freedom or allure. This of course is not to be confused with any breakfast that is served in the diamond lounge.

Enjoy

M

Vision has a nice Diamond and up breakfast in the MDR, but when we were on in January 2016, every time anyone asked for specialty coffee (cappuccino, etc.) they were told, "I'm sorry, but the machine is not working."

I found it interesting that the machine in the MDR would be out of order that entire week. I can't imagine they'd want to miss out on the revenue from coffee drinks at dinner. :rolleyes:

Vision has a nice Diamond and up breakfast in the MDR, but when we were on in January 2016, every time anyone asked for specialty coffee (cappuccino, etc.) they were told, "I'm sorry, but the machine is not working."

I found it interesting that the machine in the MDR would be out of order that entire week. I can't imagine they'd want to miss out on the revenue from coffee drinks at dinner. :rolleyes:

If the specialty coffee machine was out of order, I wonder why they even bothered with a Diamond section.:confused:

We are Elite with Celebrity and are sailing on the enchantment next weekend. On Celebrity we are able to get complimentary Bloody Mary's, Bellini's and Mimosa's at the elite breakfast.

Is alcohol also available in the diamond breakfast, or just the specialty coffees?

We are Elite with Celebrity and are sailing on the enchantment next weekend. On Celebrity we are able to get complimentary Bloody Mary's, Bellini's and Mimosa's at the elite breakfast.

Is alcohol also available in the diamond breakfast, or just the specialty coffees?

No complimentary booze at breakfast.

On Vision, the gold card breakfast in Giovanni's had complimentary Bellinis and Mimosas.

Ah. I've never been on the Vision of the Seas.

But do you mean the "special", "once per cruise" Gold Card breakfast, or a daily thing?

If the former, then yes, I had this in Chops on the Jewel and Serenade, too.

But a Diamond (which is what reciprocity with Celebrity Elite gets you) wouldn't have been there, on any ship.

:)

Ah. I've never been on the Vision of the Seas.

But do you mean the "special", "once per cruise" Gold Card breakfast, or a daily thing?

If the former, then yes, I had this in Chops on the Jewel and Serenade, too.

But a Diamond (which is what reciprocity with Celebrity Elite gets you) wouldn't have been there, on any ship.

:)

Daily. Nice menu too, I'll try to get a photo in a couple weeks.

Our experience with a separate section of the master dining room being set aside for Diamond and above was not always that great. On a couple ships they forced everyone to sit at large tables in a different area and the service was not that good. So after a few days we just went to the regular breakfast areas, had a table for 2 and great service. I know each ship and voyage is different. On the Explorer they had the Diamond breakfast on the second level of the MDR and we could get a table for 2 with great service. Last year on the Quantum we were able to have breakfast in the suite restaurant (because of the cabin category we had) which was great. Many difference experiences over the years with RCI.