Why Do People On These Boards...

sparky3229

...repost the whole comment before they post their own reply? I just need to vent a little.:o I don't understand why somebody will copy a post-often very long, just to then add their own reply. It just seems like a waste of space, although I know that space isn't an issue-that's why it's my own little pet peeve that I just needed to say. I am a "logical" thinker, so it just makes no sense to me. If there is a good reason, will somebody just explain it to me please? I can understand copy and pasting a particular line, if that's the information you are responding too, but if you are going to respond to the whole post, then why reprint it? Thanks for listening.;)

...repost the whole comment before they post their own reply? I just need to vent a little.:o I don't understand why somebody will copy a post-often very long, just to then add their own reply. It just seems like a waste of space, although I know that space isn't an issue-that's why it's my own little pet peeve that I just needed to say. I am a "logical" thinker, so it just makes no sense to me. If there is a good reason, will somebody just explain it to me please? I can understand copy and pasting a particular line, if that's the information you are responding too, but if you are going to respond to the whole post, then why reprint it? Thanks for listening.;)

Not sure.

a) so that the poster will know the comment was directed at them, or is in regard to that particular post... when there are many posts, not every single reply is in reply to the OP... it helps to keep things less confusing. When someone just posts something random, and it's not to the OP, then the OP gets offended, yadda yadda yadda.... it's for clarity.

and

b) sometimes people don't have the time to weed through and delete out only what they want to reply to, so they reply to the whole post.

It's just part of posting on a message board, and the "etiquette" if you will...

Thank you, thank you, thank you. That all does make sense...esp. when the thread starts going off on tangents, it lets you know what you are commenting about. (actually, I had thought about that, yet forgot it when I posted).

Blue-that was mean...but it made me laugh! Thanks

Blue was being funny.......but just to show you.....if he only put "Not Sure".......would we think he was answering YOU...or Steph?.........(I know I'm stretching a little here but work with me)....:D

Randy, I'm a girl not a he!;)

I also wonder why people find it necessary to reply when the answer has already been given, possibly multiple times.

Perhaps to be helpful and to maybe add details other may have forgotten? I would rather read the same answers than a "not again:rolleyes: " post.

Perhaps to be helpful and to maybe add details other may have forgotten? I would rather read the same answers than a "not again:rolleyes: " post.

I have no problem with folks adding details or giving new information. It just seems that there is a human need to do more talking than listening:rolleyes:

Archived