Comparing Princess and Celebrity

Bimmer09

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Blue"][I]Buh Bye Norris. I have very much enjoyed following you these last weeks with my morning coffee and your amazing offering of cyber-pastries. I hope that one day our paths cross...either on Princess or Celebrity.[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][B][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]NO- O-O-O-O !!!!![/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/FONT]

Don't say it's over!!!

I've loved reading your review and , since we also sail both lines, agree with so many of your observations!!!

[quote name='Bimmer09'][SIZE=3]Well there were two winners really[/SIZE][/quote]

And there you have it, yes, we the cruisers are the ultimate winners with two cruise lines that provide a quality experience at moderate price points. No cruise line is perfect, from the least expensive to the most expensive No vacation in any venue is perfect. But we are all so lucky to have enough disposable income that we can enjoy the vacation experience of our choice. We are indeed most fortunate.

We already have a total of 30 days of cruising booked this year - 2 cruises on Celebrity (Infinity and Solstice) and 1 cruise on Princess (Ruby). Yes, there are two winners in our household - US!

Thanks Norris, great job, but darn it, you now have me shopping for new camera equipment!

Thanks for your wonderful review..the pictures and commentary were a treat. I enjoyed reading, and looked forward to the next installment.. also went and found your other reviews. I will probably read through them again when I am wanting to escape on a cruise while at home! Appreciate all the time you spent on this.

[quote name='donswife']Hi Norris! I have gotten quite behind on this thread, but for a very good reason. I was busy planning a week in Alaska under strict timing and budget for myself, my mom, my husband's mom, and my 20 year old daughter, who is the reason for the cruise (she is now 8 years survivor of brain cancer, but has to have another surgery this summer to improve her airway), a special celebration with the women who love her best. We settled on the Crown Princess, so now I am busy reading that review![/QUOTE]

Best wishes to your daughter. She really deserves a wonderful cruise.

Thank you, Norris for another great story.
The thing I take from your reviews is that you point out all of the wonderful offerings the cruise has, from the smallest things like elevators to luxury dining. You give us so much to look forward to on our next cruise.
Your photos are spectacular and lend so much to your story presentation.
We follow up with watching your segments on You Tube.
I'll be looking forward to your next adventure.
Good luck with your new job!
Margie

It's over???? Nooooooooo!! It's like reading a fabulous novel that you don't want to ever end!!! Oh well, I will just have to amuse myself with your other reviews (I've read the Emerald, the Silly and this comparison) to help pass the time between now and your Reflection cruise to get my fix, and until we sail on the Grand in January!! Norris, thank you for taking so much time and energy to these projects!!! I am a fan!!!

Good luck with the new job (that I hope grants you more vacation time to take many more cruises just so I can read the reviews!)!

Cheers,
Tracy

As I mentioned on the Celebrity board we are Elite on princess but Silhouette has stolen our hearts. We are boarding her sunday . We will book the same week 2017.
This time around we will have dinner in Tuscan Grill, Murano and Lawn Club. This is our first time Aqua so we will also try Blu.
Our one must have is an elevator close to our cabin. We also must have a nice pool atmosphere and a decent spot for my DH to smoke with morning coffee or after dinner.
I hope you will try Princess Regal or Royal. Lots to like even though they messed with a winning basic princess design. We didn't love our forts experience but did love it second time around.

Well , Norris,it is time to say goodbye and thank you for the effort and heart that you have put into this comparison and your reviews.
You have certainly caused my hubby and myself to consider a cruise on a S class, Celebrity ship.
We do have a credit with Princess due to us cancelling a cruise because a blizzard in January caused some havoc with our travel plans.
We are considering a partial transit of the Panama Canal ,possibly on the Coral Princess or an extended cruise of the Caribbean for our 2017 vacation.
Being retired gives us the time to travel,but we also have to budget for our travel experiences! However, we may look to Celebrity for our 2018 vacation if we are so blessed to be able to continuing to travel that far in the future.
Anyway, I always look forward to your reviews.I wish you and Carol many more days of cruising that give you both pleasure and an opportunity for your readers on CC the pleasure of reading about your adventures.

Norris,

Thank you so much for your enjoyable review and comparison between Princess and Celebrity. We enjoy both lines very much and are happy to have the choice between the two. Your comparison was balanced and fair. This past January we took our first Regal cruise and were pleasantly surprised at how much we enjoyed the experience. The Grand Class would probably be our first choice but we will now not hesitate to cruise on the Regal in the future.

We are looking forward to our next Celebrity and Princess cruise - Canada and New England on Celebrity Infinity in October and a Caribbean cruise on the Regal Princess in December.

Again, thank you for your comparison. We look forward to the next Norris Review!

Mike & Linda

[quote name='lovevacadays']Bye Norris. I loved reading along.

I think I may check out some of your other reviews. I love how you write and your beautiful pictures.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="3"]Thank you and please do check out my other reviews-especially the Med ones.

I'm glad you have been reading along!

Norris

[/SIZE]

[quote name='KruzeKrazy!']And nothing but the best - both on land and sea - to you and Carol! :thumbup:

Here's to meeting you both someday on another great and memorable cruise adventure! :beer:

Thanks! Brian[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="3"]Brian- glad to have had you on board for this trip! Yes it would be cool to meet up on a cruise...so book the Reflection Jan 14!

Cheers,

Norris
[/SIZE]

Thank you so much, Norris! It gave us many days of very enjoyable reading. Your observations, generosity, time and talent for writing is much appreciated!

I've never even been on a cruise and will be taking my first cruise on Celebrity in May to Alaska, so it built up a lot of excitement for me. I look forward to reading about your future cruise.

[quote name='MustBCruzn']Sorry to Norris for hijacking the wonderful thread, but I just had to respond to this touching post. What a cause for celebration, and to celebrate with the important women in her life who "love her best" is all the more special. Have an incredible cruise, and prayers for your daughter! :)[/quote]

Thank you, we appreciate the prayers. She still walks a rough road, but she is amazing, now in her 2nd year of college. The doctors almost fall off their rolling stools when they hear what she has accomplished! Edited by donswife
typo