Jr Suite Perks

akowilm

Are they any besides the bigger space? What about priority embarkation?

JS perks: Bathtub, walk-in closet (all but Majesty, and Vision class), priority check-in and boarding, tea kettle, coffee maker, bathroom amenities, robes, double C&A points, and a silver Seapass card.

I've been reading some Cruise Compasses that have been showing access to Coastal Kitchen (dinner only) for Jr Suite guests. I'm not sure if this is for all sailings or just based on demand / how booked Coastal Kitchen would be.

That's true, and thanks for catching that. Right now, JS guests have access to CK dinner on Oasis. However, I don't think that is the case on Allure. Come May 2016, when the new suite perks kick in, all Oasis and Quantum class ships will have implemented this perk.

Edited by clarea

On our last cruise where we had a Jr. Suite we asked the cabin attendant if we could have foot stools on the balcony (there were none and we thought there would be). He brought us full lounge chairs which we got to have for the whole 14 days of the B2B cruise. That was nice.

We love the extra room as well and double cruise points and little extras like bathroom supplies and more storage.

I wouldn't pay a ton extra for a Jr. Suite, but often the prices come down occasionally to where it's not much more than the balcony room so we upgrade if we think it's a good deal.

Tom

Does it grant access to Suite Lounge and other Suite areas?

Thanks,

No, being in a Junior Suite does not in and of itself give access to Suite or Concierge lounge.

Edited by clarea

On our last cruise where we had a Jr. Suite we asked the cabin attendant if we could have foot stools on the balcony (there were none and we thought there would be). He brought us full lounge chairs which we got to have for the whole 14 days of the B2B cruise. That was nice.

We love the extra room as well and double cruise points and little extras like bathroom supplies and more storage.

I wouldn't pay a ton extra for a Jr. Suite, but often the prices come down occasionally to where it's not much more than the balcony room so we upgrade if we think it's a good deal.

Tom

Brilliance has lovely deck furniture on a JS [emoji6]

60c8197d047f17f5d8a01bca0f713650.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Oh, and we are on Navigator, there is a deck 6 aft available... How bad is the obstruction?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

What are all of your choices? I would rarely choose 6692, 6694, 6392 or 6394. The obstruction is a very long, blank deck between the front edge of your balcony and the actual end of the ship. Because you are on that level, your view out the back is severely restricted. The higher you go on the aft, the better the angle for looking out across that deck to the beautiful wake of the ship.

Brilliance has lovely deck furniture on a JS [emoji6]

60c8197d047f17f5d8a01bca0f713650.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Hmmm.... it looks like the chair that is normally inside of the room. :confused:

Edited by TubbyMrT

I finally paid the big bucks and upgraded to a JS for next month on the Anthem just for the double points, large balcony and Coastal Kitchen. Can't wait!

We were in a Spa JS on the Anthem TA. Not only was it a gorgeous stateroom, but being able to eat dinner in Coastal Kitchen turned out to be an unexpected and fantastic perk. The food and service there were superb, and since we found the "included" restaurants to be fairly mediocre (food and service), being able to eat in CK was even more valuable. My only "complaint" is that the menu was pretty limited, so there were only so many nights we wanted to eat there. Still, a great place! I hope you have a wonderful cruise.

Edited by Turtles06