Signature Package Options

TylerRose

I am considering booking one of the Signature Packages to make our cruise extra special. Could you please share any experiences you have had with them.

They are defined as followed in this C&P:

Cellar Master Package — includes Wine Navigator’s Choice of 5 bottles;

standard winetasting; premium winetasting; Pinnacle Grill dinner; wine related gift set; Holland America commemorative bottle of wine

Well-Being Package■ — includes access to Hydro Pool◆ and Thermal Suite; Fitness Class; spa treatment; daily fresh sliced fruits; Holland America bathrobe with monogram of choice

Suite Amenities Package (for all Suites, excluding Neptune Suites) —

includes complimentary laundry and pressing; Holland America bathrobe with monogram of choice; in-stateroom High Tea or daily canapés; fresh flowers; special VIP debarkation procedures; special VIP debarkation lounge; Pillows a la Carte Menu; initial stateroom beverage setup; $50 Beverage Card; Pinnacle Grill dinner

Suite Elite Package (for Neptune Suites only) — includes access to

Hydro Pool◆ and Thermal Suite; initial suite beverage setup; $50 Beverage Card; Pinnacle Grill dinner; Culinary Arts Center class; premium winetasting; Internet Card for 100 minutes; daily turndown truffles; deluxe flower arrangement

Since we are guests in a neptune suite, it is the Suite Elite Package specifically I am considering.

Are the prices per cabin.... or per guest???

I contacted HAL.

The Suite Elite Package willl be available on the premier voyage of the Koningsdam.

The one week package for 2 on this 7 day voyage will cost $807 :eek:

It is quite a bit of money. All the package really is is a bundling of items that one can typically purchase/arrange on their own. I have no idea how much hydro pool/thermal suite access for two would be, but some of the other items (internet, PG, beverage card, etc.) add up to $267. The description doesn't give the number of bottles for the beverage setup. If you factor in $40/bottle, and I'm sure you'd get at least two bottles, that's another $80. If the thermal suite is $300 for two, now we're up to about $650. Still out $150 so either the thermal suite is more or you get more bottles in your beverage setup.

I suggest that, if you still are thinking about the package, you inquire about the cost of the other two items. And factor in if you get any Mariner discounts on the PG dinners, winetasting. If you do get discounts, then I would pass on the package and get the items that you really want.

You really need to want each and every item in that list otherwise it's less expensive to get what you want by purchasing outside of the package.

That is a LOT of money. Will you use ALL of it? A 7 day cruise is a very short time to make use of everything in the package considering the ports.

I don't want to rain on your cruise parade, but since this is a premier voyage, be aware that everything might (I emphasize "might") not work like clockwork. In other words, you have a lot of items in this package and the ship might not be on top of things, in particular the timely and proper delivery of such special packages.

For me I would just order/purchase what I wanted from the package individually and avoid the possibility of a major or even minor hassle.

Whatever you choose , I wish you the BEST cruise!!!

It is quite a bit of money. All the package really is is a bundling of items that one can typically purchase/arrange on their own. I have no idea how much hydro pool/thermal suite access for two would be, but some of the other items (internet, PG, beverage card, etc.) add up to $267. The description doesn't give the number of bottles for the beverage setup. If you factor in $40/bottle, and I'm sure you'd get at least two bottles, that's another $80. If the thermal suite is $300 for two, now we're up to about $650. Still out $150 so either the thermal suite is more or you get more bottles in your beverage setup.

I suggest that, if you still are thinking about the package, you inquire about the cost of the other two items. And factor in if you get any Mariner discounts on the PG dinners, winetasting. If you do get discounts, then I would pass on the package and get the items that you really want.

You really need to want each and every item in that list otherwise it's less expensive to get what you want by purchasing outside of the package.

The HAL person I spoke with did not have specifics available on costs for culinary classes because Koningsdam is a new format and will differ from previous classes.

"Wine tasting" will also be a different offering- because they are having classes to create your own blend... so no price known yet.

Additionally, she did not know if it was just a tasting... or creating your blend-

(she did not think there would be any tastings on board since it is a "class offering".)

Honestly... her available specifics were quite limited.

She was able to advise me:

beverage setup refers to 2 bottles of wine & 2 bottles of hard liquor to be selected on board

and for this 1 week voyage- the thermal suite will be $300 for 2.

We have not booked anything yet. As SilvertoGold advised, we are debating booking just what we are absolutely sure we will use. This just seemed to push me to experience it all...

The HAL person I spoke with did not have specifics available on costs for culinary classes because Koningsdam is a new format and will differ from previous classes.

"Wine tasting" will also be a different offering- because they are having classes to create your own blend... so no price known yet.

Additionally, she did not know if it was just a tasting... or creating your blend-

(she did not think there would be any tastings on board since it is a "class offering".)

Honestly... her available specifics were quite limited.

She was able to advise me:

beverage setup refers to 2 bottles of wine & 2 bottles of hard liquor to be selected on board

and for this 1 week voyage- the thermal suite will be $300 for 2.

We have not booked anything yet. As SilvertoGold advised, we are debating booking just what we are absolutely sure we will use. This just seemed to push me to experience it all...

This is a surprise (or not!) that HAL does not yet have the specifics worked out for a premier voyage. A work in progress, I guess.

If you do get this package, you can drink the liquor in your cabin (a bottle each over 7 days : wow!), take the wine to dinner and use the bev card for a couple of evening of cocktails. Seems like a lot to me, but.....

• 3 weeks later...

After much debate & further discussion with HAL... I did decide to book the suite elite package. I am posting this update ONLY in hopes of perhaps helping others reach a decision.

The Koningsdam continues to have very limited release of ships onboard "voyage extras" info being shared- with us or as she insisted "them".

BUT- here is what I have had confirmed for those wondering:

As defined on http://www.hollandamerica.com/assets/cruise-vacation-onboard/Onboard_Gifts.pdf- an extended on board indulgences link:

Suite Elite Package (for Neptune Suites only) — includes access to

Hydro Pool◆ and Thermal Suite; initial suite beverage setup; $50 Beverage Card; Pinnacle Grill dinner; Culinary Arts Center class; premium winetasting; Internet Card for 100 minutes; daily turndown truffles; deluxe flower arrangement

For this- the PREMIER 7-day VOYAGE of the Koningsdam embarking on April 8, 2016: the suite elite package is $807 (HAL must be contacted for other package price specifics--- & she said they are limited--- especially spa & hydro pool at this point)

Hydro Pool◆ and Thermal Suite= will cost $300 for week

initial suite beverage setup includes 2 bottles of wine & 2 liquor (min $40 per bottle)… to be chosen aboard & she said we can choose all wine if preferred =$160

$50 Beverage Card: on line description "to be redeemed for a variety of beverage selections from soda, espresso and non-alcoholic beverages, to wine, beer and spirits".

Pinnacle Grill dinner is $58 for 2- reservations to be made aboard- I will cancel current reservation once aboard for refund and take its time slot

Culinary Arts Center classes start at $29pp on other ships. She was unsure of price on K (bookable only on board)... She did not know if it was upgradeable to lunch or dinner classes?

premium wine tasting is $80… she did not know if it would be held in PG grill as on other ships or upgradeable to BLEND- bookable only aboard.

She did not know cost of BLEND-

Internet Card for 100 minutes costs $55 on other ships… she did not think K would have new unlimited internet packages, but if so-believed upgrade would certainly be available?

deluxe flower arrangement= $40

daily turndown truffles... I do not know their fee--- only their calories :D

Price wise- I don't see any big savings... but our mariner status also does not offer us enough perks for it to be a loss.

It will encourage us to take advantage of all options & we always use the hydro pool almost daily- especially on port intensive cruises.

I was promised refunds if anything is unavailable because of private bookings or venues are not ready for this voyage.

I decided we already splurged on the suite... this was a further perk for our first premier voyage.

I will review after our adventure it's package perks.

• 1 month later...
Wanted to find our your review of the Suite Elite package. Considering this for a cruise on May 18th.

We were on the premier sailing of the ms Koningsdam. Info remained limited prior to the cruise about the Suite Elite Package... but we booked it to experience all we could on this maiden voyage.

For OUR 7 day voyage the fee was $807 for the 2 of us.

Inclusions and how we used them:

-Access to Hydro Pool◆ and Thermal Suite (for the two of us- quite lovely on K in our opinion)

On this voyage it would have cost $300. There is a question as to whether they truly sold only 30 passes on our voyage... but it is defined as such & I did not want to chance not having passes. It remains my favorite cruise relaxation hideaway.

-Initial suite beverage setup: (A list is provided in suite explaining available choices. It was initially defined as a setup of 2 bottles of wine & 2 of "hard liquor". But the choice is YOURS. Each bottle has a "rating"- i.e.... the wines we liked counted as 1 selection. But some more exotic wines or liquors counted as 2-4. The choice was yours to make.

We chose 4 bottles of our favorite wine the first evening in the dining room and had them kept available there for us. The wine was delivered as requested to specialty restaurants and we never bothered having any of it "set up" in our cabin. We were told the value was about $160)

-2-$50 Beverage Cards: (We are not soda drinkers... & used these for specialty drinks- including daily mixed drinks by pool, lounge and coffee bar.)

-Pinnacle Grill dinner for 2 (I prebooked & had paid for previously... we swapped out that booking and were refunded to our account in its place) ($58)

-Internet Card for 100 minutes... we received 1 credit for 150 minutes to be activated in neptune (fee unsure... it is $55 for 100 minutes on other ships) alas, internet was not great.

BUT

Time conflicts did not allow us to take advantage of the Culinary Arts Center class; or premium wine tasting;

and daily turndown truffles & a deluxe flower arrangement were never delivered to our neptune suite.

We were FULLY REFUNDED for all with letter of apology.

Bottom line... I remain unsure how much overall savings this package might have provided... but I do think some. Also, It encourages you to explore & experience more than you might have otherwise.

However- take your mariner discounts in to consideration. They may or may not help you decide financial value.

Though never on our pillow at turndown... Truffles were always available in neptune suite, and a small vase of flowers also provided... so I do not know what deluxe arrangement might have looked like.

Our cruise was only 7 days- so we had very limited on board activity time.

We booked the 2 day ships tour ($150pp) and the culinary arts class with guest chef we had previously selected conflicted. And we decided after a precruise week on a vineyard we had enough wine tasting, so we never further explored wine tasting options.

I probably would not book the package again for a brief cruise because we are now 4 star mariners and those discounts are appealing... Also, we are familiar enough with HAL and all its options to select what we want and not worry about forgetting something...

but I think I still might for a longer cruise.

I cruise for the full experience... and I do feel the package gave it that "extra".

I hope this ramble helps.