bottled water on regal princess

tommy47

my wife and I are going on regal princess and can anyone tell me what bottled water cost. I had read an old blog in 2014 that they carried crystal geyser but no prices were given. also do they offer a package or some type of deal if you a bunch at the beginning of the cruise. thank you

You can order a 12 pack through your Cruise Personalizer for $6.00 + 15% gratuity ($6.90 total). That deal available through advance purchase only; individual half-liter bottles are around $2.25 from the bars onboard; large 1.75 liter bottles are available from your room steward. Whether said water is spring or merely purified has been a hot button topic on other threads lately; maybe someone just off Regal will chime in now.

That deal available through advance purchase only; individual half-liter bottles are around $2.25 from the bars onboard; large 1.75 liter bottles are available from your room steward.

1.5 liter bottles are available at bars, too -- where it will probably

be cold. Often on the gangway during port calls as well.

Tap water is also available and safe. Get it in your cabin or at the buffet. We use clean cups at the buffet to fill our water bottles with ice and then top off with water.

Not only safe, but cleaner than bottled water. It is made by reverse osmosis or distillation and is way better than water sucked out of the ground from an unknown source.

Don't believe the hype on the packaging.

Unfortunately the beverage packages do not include bottled water. What I found easiest to do is to order water in cabin. Regular bottle is $2.00 and the large bottle is $3.50 ($4.03 with gratuity). I just kept refilling my small bottle from the large on. You can get bottled water in intl café or other places as well. Plus water in Horizon Court is free, as well as being able to get yourself at back of HC by Outrigger Bar area. There is water fountain in exercise area too.

Enjoy your cruise.

For Clarification: On Carnival, the 15% gratuity is only added to water if you purchase while on the ship.... Orders placed (and paid for) prior to boarding day do not incur that charge. We bought 2 '12 packs' of water bottles... $3 each (yes, they're half the price of Princess :eek: ugh ugh) and our credit card bill just came in... with the $6 charge.

Anyway...does Princess charge the gratuity on pre-orders of water too....or just water purchased on board?

Edited by rgmacm

Also some more clarification....If you buy the all inclusive, the water and sodas already stocked in your fridge from housekeeping is NOT included. If Elite, you won't be charged for set up, but all others will cost. If you get the all inclusive, just order a bottle at any bar and take back to room.

For Clarification: On Carnival, the 15% gratuity is only added to water if you purchase while on the ship.... Orders placed (and paid for) prior to boarding day do not incur that charge. We bought 2 '12 packs' of water bottles... $3 each (yes, they're half the price of Princess :eek: ugh ugh) and our credit card bill just came in... with the $6 charge.

Anyway...does Princess charge the gratuity on pre-orders of water too....or just water purchased on board?

I recall reading that Carnival lowered the price for packs of water when they restricted the amount of soda & water that can be brought on the ship. I'd rather have the Princess policy to bring unlimited soda & water on the ship than having the Carnival policy. :eek:

I don't bring bottles of water on a ship because the water onboard is safe & I use a 20 oz reusable water bottle with a small Brita filter.

Any individual drinks or package of drinks that are preordered have the 15% gratuity included in the price you pay.

Also some more clarification....If you buy the all inclusive, the water and sodas already stocked in your fridge from housekeeping is NOT included. If Elite, you won't be charged for set up, but all others will cost. If you get the all inclusive, just order a bottle at any bar and take back to room.

Another point to clarify is that the standard mini fridge setup (a few sodas & water) is not the same as the elite minibar setup which contains many more drinks.