Queen Elizabeth in Newcastle Monday 22 February 2016

We sent for a drive into town after lunch but knowing Carrington there was no way of getting close. We drove along the foreshore, there were parking places aplenty then but you cant get a real good lunless you want to hang around until 1800 when she was leaving. We didn't fell like waiting that long and watched it leave on TV tonight instead.

Really doubt you'd have got a spot anywhere in the foreshore by 6. I left Church Street about 5:00 ish and it was packed. It was great to see. The most people I've seen to see a ship off in a real loooooong time.

I managed to get some photos from the sail away. I actually got a car spot outside the city Uni campus (next to townhall) around about 5:45. I got to Honeysuckle as she started to leave. I made a run for the ferry terminal and managed to get there as she sailed by.

I will post the pictures tomorrow, as its been a log day with the first day of uni, having a date then running to catch the ship as she left. I am worn out.

Edited by Cruise ship fan

I managed to get some photos from the sail away. I actually got a car spot outside the city Uni campus (next to townhall) around about 5:45. I got to Honeysuckle as she started to leave. I made a run for the ferry terminal and managed to get there as she sailed by.

I will post the pictures tomorrow, as its been a log day with the first day of uni, having a date then running to catch the ship as she left. I am worn out.

Don't worry about the photos and Uni.

How'd the date go?

I look forward to them.:D

Really doubt you'd have got a spot anywhere in the foreshore by 6. I left Church Street about 5:00 ish and it was packed. It was great to see. The most people I've seen to see a ship off in a real loooooong time.

Was thinking later that Stockton may have been better for closer vantage point. It would run closer to the breakwall on that side.

Was thinking later that Stockton may have been better for closer vantage point. It would run closer to the breakwall on that side.

Probably would have been 50:50 but less crowded Stockton side, I just didn't have the time.

Darn wrk gets in the way of even looking at cruising:(

It was absolutely amazing. Wish it could of gone longer.

Hope there are many more to follow.

But inconsiderate of the Uni to put first classes on th day a Queen is in. If Roger was still Vice Cancellor I'd have had words with him.

Edited by GUT2407

I am currently ***** QE an must congratulate the people of newcastle. The welcome and sailaway from the town was amazing. Itwas very enjoyable. Again thank you newcastle.

chez

I hope enjoyed your stay in our town.

Hope there are many more to follow.
There definitely will be.

But inconsiderate of the Uni to put first classes on th day a Queen is in. If Roger was still Vice Cancellor I'd have had words with him.

I know how rude is it.

Here are three more pictures.

5d42605fbb.jpg

This next one is just after the cannon went off. Well you normally have two cruise ships in a horn battle, well yesturday Newcastle had the Queen Elizabeth have a horn battle with a cannon.

daf5b1f037.jpg

8b5ef19240.jpg

These images have been resized, if anyone wants the originals let me know. They were taken with my Galaxy S6.

Edited by Cruise ship fan

There definitely will be.

I know how rude is it.

Here are three more pictures.

5d42605fbb.jpg

This next one is just after the cannon went off. Well you normally have two cruise ships in a horn battle, well yesturday Newcastle had the Queen Elizabeth have a horn battle with a cannon.

daf5b1f037.jpg

8b5ef19240.jpg

These images have been resized, if anyone wants the originals let me know. They were taken with my Galaxy S6.

Excellent, can see the smoke from the cannon. :D