Brilliance - Questions.

ma2016

Hi everyone

First time cruisers here!!

Me and husband-to-be will be sailing with Royal Carribbean on Brilliance Of The Seas at the end of August/start of September through the Med for our honeymoon. (We couldn't decide on just one destination so thought we would do a cruise and see a few places!)

Anyway just a few questions - I'm sure there will be more as the time approaches!!

-We have pre-paid tips & gratuities. We have also bought a beer & wine package. With this in my mind, are we expected to tip over & above this and will the staff be aware of these prepayments and packages?

-We were also wondering is it possible to bring any wine/prosecco/champagne on with us on embarkation day? I have seen posts about this on here but info seems very conflicting. We might, we might not. Just would be good to know.

Thanks in advance :)

The gratuities you have paid will take care of stateroom attendants and helpers, dining staff, and bar servers. The staff will be aware of your gratuities.

You can bring two 750ml bottles of wine per stateroom on initial embarkation day.

there is no expectation or obligation to tip any further beyond the auto-tips. (besides the room service delivery person, if you utilize that service, as mentioned above). Although there are many highly generous people on cruise critic who tip extra, most people do not

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Added tipping is up to you. We do, if the service is good. We tend to tip extra to our stateroom attendant and MDR waiters.

You are permitted to bring 2 bottles of wine onboard.

I had the impression all alcohol would be confiscated and given back at end of the cruise. Did I miss something?

Everyone is allowed one bottle of wine each. So, two if you are a couple.

Almost.

It is two per stateroom - solo cruisers may bring two bottles.

HAL is the one line I'm aware of that punishes solo cruisers with the "one per person up to two per stateroom" thing. (And yes, I do see it as a punishment because I've been aware of plenty of couples where only one drinks but that one can get two bottles of their choosing aboard by having their non-drinking roommate bring one.)

If I have 2 staterooms with and adult & a child in each room, can we still bring 2 bottles of wine per room?

Yes.

Only one of the things that makes RCCL top HAL (ok, so the smoking thing is the biggest one) in my book. On HAL it is one bottle per adult up to 2 per cabin - so in your case or mine as a solo, it would be one bottle per cabin. I love that RCCL has it as 2 per CABIN. :) (Especially since I've known more than a few people who have cruised HAL with one adult drinker and one adult non drinker in the cabin but they got 2 bottles of wine even though only one drank.)

If you are cruising out of Barcelona, there used to be a duty free store after you go through the security to board the ship. This was there several years ago and you could just buy liquor and put it in your carry on bag and get on the ship. Not sure if it is the same now but maybe if you ask some recent cruisers they can give you the low down.

If you are cruising out of Barcelona, there used to be a duty free store after you go through the security to board the ship. This was there several years ago and you could just buy liquor and put it in your carry on bag and get on the ship. Not sure if it is the same now but maybe if you ask some recent cruisers they can give you the low down.

That duty free store was still in the terminal last October.

Almost.

It is two per stateroom - solo cruisers may bring two bottles.

HAL is the one line I'm aware of that punishes solo cruisers with the "one per person up to two per stateroom" thing. (And yes, I do see it as a punishment because I've been aware of plenty of couples where only one drinks but that one can get two bottles of their choosing aboard by having their non-drinking roommate bring one.)

Princess is another...Couples can bring 1 bottle each...as a solo cruiser, if I want to bring a 2nd bottle I have to pay a $15 corkage fee...

• 4 weeks later...