Can you swap out a gift for OBC?

hllwdcruiser

Thank you! We are loving her already and aren't halfway done exploring yet!

If you're unaware of it, the buffet's free coffee machines use ground coffee to make filtered coffee which to me is a big improvement over the coffee from concentrate on other Princess ships & resulted in fewer trips to the IC for brewed coffee...maybe your tastebuds will also like it. ;)

Edited by Astro Flyer

I have a pleasant dilemma and am seeking advice from all you kind sages on this board.

DH and I are both celebrating birthdays and our 10 year Anniversary next week on the Regal.

I printed up our on board purchases today (in case DH's pre ordered bottles of Scotch were not delivered) and discovered that my sweet and oh so lovely DD gifted us a Deluxe Balcony Breakfast. (So much for a surprise!)

Our dilemma? We have had both the Balcony Breakfast and the UBD in the past and although we enjoyed both we really don't want to do them again. I'm NOT going to tell her that we didn't really want it since we are so touched by the gesture and don't want to hurt her feelings.

Is it possible to have it swapped out for onboard credit and use it towards a specialty dinner instead?

Will you be on the Regal Feb. 28th to the Caribbean?

Marlster

I have a pleasant dilemma and am seeking advice from all you kind sages on this board.

DH and I are both celebrating birthdays and our 10 year Anniversary next week on the Regal.

I printed up our on board purchases today (in case DH's pre ordered bottles of Scotch were not delivered) and discovered that my sweet and oh so lovely DD gifted us a Deluxe Balcony Breakfast. (So much for a surprise!)

Our dilemma? We have had both the Balcony Breakfast and the UBD in the past and although we enjoyed both we really don't want to do them again. I'm NOT going to tell her that we didn't really want it since we are so touched by the gesture and don't want to hurt her feelings.

Is it possible to have it swapped out for onboard credit and use it towards a specialty dinner instead?

Will you be on the Regal Feb. 28th to the Caribbean?

Marlster

Ignore the above post got confused on what week you were on the Regal.

Our TA always gives us a balcony breakfast and we have always traded it for OBC. We book suites and would prefer to go to Sabatini's. So I am sure you won't have any problem trading it. Enjoy your cruise.

If you read the previous posts, they have already successfully traded it in for OBC. They are on the ship now.

I was told by my friend who advised me about the Window Suite originally, that she was gifting me OBC, so I could choose my own treat, they all wanted to choose something different, whether Sabatinis, Crown Grill, a Lotus Spa treatment, Hairdressing, a massage, or buying souvenirs! Much easier to gift someone OBC.

I don't know how they'd go sending a message to the person if they didn't know their Login Details though.

My TA's just done a 2-night cruise Sydney-Melbourne herself, with P. & O (Aust) on the Pacific Eden in an Inside Cabin. She reminded me about anti-nausea medication, she unfortunately reacted to my preferred choice :eek: ; and reminded me about diligently using hand sanitizer., so that's on my shopping list to price, and purchase over several shopping trips. She and her husband had rough weather, the comment was, "No good when Sick bags are hanging everywhere!"

Bass Strait is notorious, as is the Rip just outside Port Phillip Bay, so I might have a bumpy end to the cruise!

At this time in 38 weeks, the cruise will be over, and I hope to have purchase a Future Cruise Credit. Think, on checking the Sydney and Melbourne Port Schedules, I might have identified a possible Melbourne-Sydney cruise for next year, another 3 night cruise! So I'm impatiently waiting for the 2016-2017 Australian Cruise Calendar to be released in April.

If you read the previous posts, they have already successfully traded it in for OBC. They are on the ship now.

I had written that post earlier in the day and was having internet problems so somehow it must not have posted it until last night when I logged in again.