Grand Cayman Beach

tbill

There are several differently named beaches along 7 Mile Beach (which is only about 5 1/2 miles long, BTW!)...Seagrape has facilities...restrooms, food/drink, watersport rentals, lounger/umbrella rentals.....and you don't need a cab...the bus runs regularly and is $2.50 pp!

They are not really cabs.

They have vans & shuttle busses that take people.

There is usually a bunch of them lined up with woman rounding people up and loading them up.

Once it is packed full they drive down the street and drop everyone off at the different beach stops. I think there are like 3 of them.

It will make sense when you see it for yourself.....

Last trip we were looking for something a little better than just being dropped off at a public beach. Do a search for Royal Palms, I thought it was worth it.

I concur with this. The area around Calico Jacks seemed really busy and a steep beach in the past. Venodrs were lined up one after another for chairs/umbrellas with not much shade around except the umbrellas.

At Royal Palms, it cost a couple bucks to get in, but the taxi fare is a couple bucks cheaper. We walked down past the loungers to the right and layed our towels out-not because of the money to rent the loungers, but because of the nice shade and less crowded.

It was still a quick walk to the bar to grab a drink. They also have an adults only pools, restrooms, and showers to rinse off.

I concur with this. The area around Calico Jacks seemed really busy and a steep beach in the past. Venodrs were lined up one after another for chairs/umbrellas with not much shade around except the umbrellas.

At Royal Palms, it cost a couple bucks to get in, but the taxi fare is a couple bucks cheaper. We walked down past the loungers to the right and layed our towels out-not because of the money to rent the loungers, but because of the nice shade and less crowded.

It was still a quick walk to the bar to grab a drink. They also have an adults only pools, restrooms, and showers to rinse off.

I agree with the steep beach at Calicos. We enjoyed the food but there really wasn't much beach. Next time I will be going to a different spot.

• 3 weeks later...