Power sockets

snoozy8

What type of adapters will I need to charge my camera ipad etc. am I right in thinking the sockets are 2 pins. So will need a UK to US adapters

Byeeeee

I know the info is on here somewhere. Have looked but cannot find.

There are some cabins that have the UK two-pin sockets in addition to some US two-blade plugs.

It would help to know what type of cabin you'll have as they differ.

I believe what you are referring to is European 220 volt outlets. There will also be US 115v outlets. This is standard on US oriented cruise ships, which Princess's are.

There are some cabins that have the UK two-pin sockets in addition to some US two-blade plugs.

It would help to know what type of cabin you'll have as they differ.

Those are only on the Royal or Regal and it has nothing to do with what type of cabin you have. Not to mention that all US 110 outlets are 3-prong, not two blade. There's a 220/110 outlet in all bathrooms but they are rated only for razors.

At the desk of most Princess ships in all cabins:

e9017a400243bafb4f73c13cf93a2581.jpg

In the bathroom:

8ac62234d55555776aeb9865ced491c5.jpg

On the Royal/Regal:

89e36837d5c06c189dad322e595a8798.jpg

I never bring a power strip and am always amazed at so many people concerned about luggage weight bringing one. :) Most electronics now come with a cord with USB so I just bring an adapter with four USB ports. So much easier, lighter and far more convenient.

Hi, if you are thinking of charging mobile phones, cameras and any USB lead items then can I suggest buying a multi USB plug with a US plug (if that makes sense) I have one that I can plug 4 USB leads into and has a interchangeable UK/USB/Euro plug.

If you are charging/using items that require a normal UK plug then I use a UK multi socket extention lead and a US adapter plug. I never leave items charging when I am out of the cabin.