Must have drinking water in stateroom

rose102798

Since we have water experts here, maybe they can comment about chlorine in the water. I read that you can reduce the chlorine in your drinking water by leaving it in a pitcher for a few hours. I don't know if it is true, I'm not really worried about....but I am curious about it. I'm mostly curious because I have a hard time thinking much chlorine would dissipate when you consider swimming pools don't require daily charging, and water systems frequently have storage tanks which have air space (so it can't dissipate that much).

See post #59.

Since we have water experts here, maybe they can comment about chlorine in the water. I read that you can reduce the chlorine in your drinking water by leaving it in a pitcher for a few hours. I don't know if it is true, I'm not really worried about....but I am curious about it. I'm mostly curious because I have a hard time thinking much chlorine would dissipate when you consider swimming pools don't require daily charging, and water systems frequently have storage tanks which have air space (so it can't dissipate that much).

Yes, chlorine will dissipate naturally within a couple of hours. Not sure about your swimming pools, but the pools onboard ships monitor the water continuously as it is recirculated, and chlorine is dosed continuously as well.

Are you talking about shore water facilities? Because their method of chlorination only sanitizes the water at the facility, and once in the pipes, the chlorine starts to decay. This is why they recommend boiling your water for a couple days after a major pipeline break, because they cannot guarantee any chlorine content at any location other than the water supply itself. On ships, the water is continuously recirculated, from the tank, through the ship, and back to the tank. At the farthest point in the system from the tanks (typically the bridge), there will be a sensing probe that measures the residual chlorine, and sends a signal to the dosing pumps to adjust the dosing, which is done continuously.

Yes you can bring on a case. I have put a luggage tag on a case, and it was delivered to the room. Same with Coke products.

just got done reading all about salt and toilets..so now i have to ask the question of the day..........

how does one attach a luggage tag to a case of water. the typical case of water is a cardboard tray encased in plastic and i dont think really has a 'spot' for what i think of a luggage tag to be attached to cardboard or plastic

can you just write with black marker all over it your room number? :) i mean this seriously. i want to bring a case on board. and gf may want to bring case of cans of soda because i cannot imagine leaving your room or calling for a soda every time you are thirsty

Edited by luckyinpa

just got done reading all about salt and toilets..so now i have to ask the question of the day..........

how does one attach a luggage tag to a case of water. the typical case of water is a cardboard tray encased in plastic and i dont think really has a 'spot' for what i think of a luggage tag to be attached to cardboard or plastic

can you just write with black marker all over it your room number? :) i mean this seriously. i want to bring a case on board. and gf may want to bring case of cans of soda because i cannot imagine leaving your room or calling for a soda every time you are thirsty

Print the tag in MyNCL, cut it out, fold if you like, cover with tape.

GENIUS! my problems are solved. thanks

lotta tape for sure. i can have my case of water and she can have her case of soda and i know to ask them to clean out the fridge

i neglected to say this was for haven room but i see they dont get bottled water more than just the initial one anyway.

Oh good ole CC. 5 page thread for "can I have a glass of water please". 15 people giving the same response, at least someone taking something as personally offensive, chengkp75 providing expert knowledge, at least one person telling him he's not right just because they think so. It's like cruising's Maury Povich.

Oh good ole CC. 5 page thread for "can I have a glass of water please". 15 people giving the same response, at least someone taking something as personally offensive, chengkp75 providing expert knowledge, at least one person telling him he's not right just because they think so. It's like cruising's Maury Povich.

I guess it's the nature of the beast. UBP terms and conditions clearly show bottled water as excluded, and anyone could find that on NCL website in less than 1 minute.

I do not know if ships are switching over but most water supply companies nationwide are switching to chloramines (chlorine ammonia compounds) instead of chlorine for water disinfection. Chloramine may be a little weaker than chlorine however it is more stable and better for keeping long term water storage tanks and pipes cleaner and less slimy than plain chlorine. Chloramines unlike chlorine will not exit your pitcher of water if left overnight, heated or exposed to the sun.

Chloramines must be chemically removed. Pool owners with high chloramine levels, due to many things, generally shock their pools with CHLORINE at TEN or more times the recommended level to burn off the chloramines.

bosco

I do not know if ships are switching over but most water supply companies nationwide are switching to chloramines (chlorine ammonia compounds) instead of chlorine for water disinfection. Chloramine may be a little weaker than chlorine however it is more stable and better for keeping long term water storage tanks and pipes cleaner and less slimy than plain chlorine. Chloramines unlike chlorine will not exit your pitcher of water if left overnight, heated or exposed to the sun.

Chloramines must be chemically removed. Pool owners with high chloramine levels, due to many things, generally shock their pools with CHLORINE at TEN or more times the recommended level to burn off the chloramines.

bosco

I'm pretty sure the ships are still using liquid chlorine for both pool and drinking water sanitizing. Chloramines are considered to be aquatic pollutants (harmful to marine life), so their use onboard would be pretty strictly controlled. The WHO states that chloramines are 2000 - 100,000 times less effective against E. coli and rotaviruses as free chlorine. Also, there are no health studies of the health effects of the various types of chloramines and their disinfecting byproducts. Also, to remove the chloramine from drinking water, you need not only the carbon filter used onboard for chlorine removal, but you must send the water through another reverse osmosis filter.

Also, to remove the chloramine from drinking water, you need not only the carbon filter used onboard for chlorine removal, but you must send the water through another reverse osmosis filter.

It is a pain as you stated and I only brew with my R/O water. The pool is another story, depending how high the chloramine levels get (from normal use and contact with oils and soaps and other organics) I must super shock the water on a regular basis. You can always tell by the smell when the levels are too high but a test kit is the best way LOL

bosco

Maybe the OP is a fish[emoji227][emoji245][emoji226][emoji225][emoji228] MUST HAVE WATER!

some of us are addicts..we literally drink out of habit. my water bottle at work is always full and sometimes i dont even realize i'm drinking!

i was researching Royal for cruises and well and shocked to see even their cheap soda plan includes bottled water

. . . and apparently if you post a legit question on here, orifices also typically found in the bathroom come out too.

There is also water in the toilet but I'm not drinking that either. Badump bump!

. . . now back to my question please, anyone else?

1) Don't ask a question if you do not want a logical and factual answer.

B) The reply was legit.

III) It is BADA BING.

d) If you MUST have something then bring with you! :D

We are staying in the Haven. Does anyone know or have experience with the butler providing bottled water or maybe a pitcher of water in the suite if asked? Also not clear on if it is included in the UBP. Any info is appreciated.

The Haven Should Give you bottled watered. Our friends stayed in one and they got lots of booze as well.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk