Guy's Burgers....Can They Be-That Enticing?

MAGNUM PI

Booked a Magic cruise for 2017. Magic currently getting upgraded, to include Guy's Burgers. I have never experienced this burger.

I have sensed people's anticipation, of the addition of this food offering.

What exactly makes Guy's Burgers, in an apparent class by themselves? There must be something that causes

such eager appetites? They seem to be legendary.

Only thing good about Guys Burgers on the ship is they are included in the cost of the cruise.

They are not a great burger, after the 2nd time trying them I stuck with the Blue Iguanas burritos which are great

Booked a Magic cruise for 2017. Magic currently getting upgraded, to include Guy's Burgers. I have never experienced this burger.

What exactly makes Guy's Burgers, in an apparent class by themselves? There must be something that causes

NO it's the most over-hyped burger in the world, pure grease!!!

I have no idea what makes them so damn good but they are delicious. Even my son (who typically doesn't even eat hamburgers or even much meat in general) LOVES these. He told me this morning he can't wait to get back on board and get a Plain Jane (cheese and meat only). :D

I agree, it is a good solid burger. Might be a little over-hyped but great for at least one meal. My problem is with so many choices I am not going to pass up any other experiences just to have another burger! The fries were good as well on the Breeze. As with anything "your mileage may vary" depending on the guy working the grill. :D

I wouldn't stand in a line waiting for any burger!!

The people who love these talk more about the toppings than the meat itself.

I just don't get the reason for all this excitement over a hamburger???:confused:

There basically aren't any lunch places on a ship where you don't stand in a line and Guy's moves pretty fast.

I believe the difference is that many folks won't/don't go to a restaurant to pay $7+ for a burger but Guy's and all the great toppings are "free" and unlimited.:cool:

We don't eat a lot of beef at home so burgers really seem to hit the spot:)

I'll be on the Conquest in December. I would like to know about the topping bar. What toppings are there? ( am looking for sliced avocado, not guacamole) I also like mushrooms, I think I read someone said they do have them. And finally green chilies. If they have all three ingredients I might have to try 3 because I don't care for them together :eek:

As for everyone comparing Guys to Five Guys Burgers, I do hope they are better. We had several location (5 Guys) here were I live for about a year, then, one by one they all packed up and left. There is just one left to the(way) north of town. My DH & and tried them several times. I would say they are ok. Nothing big if you have tried In and Out Burger. They have the same sort of soggy "fresh cut" fries and they burgers are just greasy. In and Out still better. I am just not a fan. I like crisp fries. We have other local burger joints (Zips and Paul Bunion's that are way better.) I will show my do diligence and try at least one Guys burger while I am on the ship for good measure! :D

Have not had one yet at Carnival. Have been to a 5 guys. I think like the soft serve ice cream, it is so special that they are with your fare, a step up, fresh and somehow touch that kid at the drive-in feeling or pool..except you are on a ship..and burger with these things goes straight to childhood bliss... ..and the things are there and no more money out of pocket...fun family thing.

So grateful for many good memories I have as a kid with burgers and family..restaurants. drive-ins, cafe's, fast stops, and on home BBQ with the fixings. Just love that part of Carnival...good family and Lido and main options..their better bar varieties, Italian and other options on different ships, and the steak house for a step up...as well as the Chef's Table now. Very nice variety on a budget cruise.

Edited by sjn911

Guys burgers are good, not great. Extremely overhyped, unlike anything else I've ever seen in cruising. I've had much better burgers on land; Fuddruckers still rules! Ships without Guys still have burgers, and I feel that Guys burgers are only slightly better. But ships without Guys have more than just burgers at that stand, and those are the items that I want more often than a burger. Those stands would also be open much later than Guys, so I feel that it's much better to not have Guys burgers on the ship.

Have not had one yet at Carnival. Have been to a 5 guys. I think like the soft serve ice cream, it is so special that they are with your fare, a step up, fresh and somehow touch that kid at the drive-in feeling or pool..except you are on a ship..and burger with these things goes straight to childhood bliss... ..and the things are there and no more money out of pocket...fun family thing.

So grateful for many good memories I have as a kid with burgers and family..restaurants. drive-ins, cafe's, fast stops, and on home BBQ with the fixings.

I think you're onto something here :D

To everyone posting they're better burgers on land, of course the there are, how could they not be?

But I'm not on land when I'm at Guy's burgers on a ship.

I'm hundreds of miles from the In and Out, Five guys, Fudruckkers, and the mom and pop.

This is the only burger in town made fresh in front of me.

The toppings are very good.

And those saying these are no better than the lido burgers need to put down the glue. :D

By the way I thought the fries were terrible at Guy's, soggy, greasy and just terrible, but that's me. I always ask them for no fries but often they just assembly line them on the plate.

Guy's is an excellent cruise ship burger, but I probably wouldn't pick them first, but certainly not last, if I had choices.

I see all these comments about being comparable to Five Guys, and I have to wholeheartedly disagree. We have a Five Guys right round the corner that I visit frequently. Guy's Burgers BLOWS them away! :) From the seasoning in the meat, to the thickness / texture of the patty, to the flavor of the bun, it's not even close. Add in the insane toppings bar, and your putting a nail in the coff..er ah bun.

I love Guys Burgers.

They are juicy and the meat is cooked well. The melty cheese has a great texture - it sticks to the burger without disintegrating into the burger and disappearing. It gives the right bun to meat ratio. And then the toppings are plentiful and varied. If you want to kick things up a notch, you can also head over to the Blue Iguana to add some salsa or hot sauce.

I like the Ringer with the onion ring and bourbon BBQ sauce (that sauce is quite literally - awesome sauce).

And the Chipotle mayo is the best dip for the fries.

DSC03182_zpsq4sqslyw.jpg

DSC02954_zpszaqn7mzp.jpg