All Things EARTH... part 2

CCHelp

Laurie. Great news that you’re on track with the retirement planning, that’s a huge relief. We went down to one car when I retired. Do I miss two cars?  Occasionally, but not enough to think about getting another one. Now if the Murano convertible became available again, I’d really think about it. 

I'm so sorry about your cruise. Hope you can get a good replacement.

Our 24 October Liberty out of Galveston is still on track. Our daughter is so excited about it. The beverage package just dropped in price & we bought it (so did they) & Nachi Cocum & Maya Chen are booked. Not sure what to do in Honduras. Melody

I contacted my travel agent, and she got back to me.  She says "I have bad news and I have good news".  Long story short, they are essentially changing the ship.  Supposedly, it is the exact same itinerary and cost, and they will automatically switch everything over at the end of the month.  Instead of being on Brilliance, we will be on Serenade.

I will have to rebook m excursions though.  My fingers are crossed that I can get the same sort of deals.  I have heard some people say it doesn't work out the way they say it does, so we will find out soon.  I checked, and it now shows Serenade sailing from Tampa, same itinerary and same date so at least I know that we have that going for us.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, laurspag said:

Anita, how is everything with you?  I know you had some cruises scheduled before COVID hit...are you thinking about rebooking yet?

I hope Anita is just busy, haven’t heard from her for a bit. Time of year, everyone is busy. 

Here is my most recent "fashion" purchase. These shorts come in some nice EARTH colors. I have the brown and the steel blue (which is actually a warm blue but not quite teal). Am thinking about the army green, even though that's not my best color.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WP2V3QC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I get the NorthStyle catalog. Many things are not to my taste but the colors are very good right now. I'm thinking about the brown blouse, it's been hard to find brown tops lately, and it seems like a good shoulder season top. I know all computer screens are different so IRL the catalog greens are very much olive and not so AIR as they look to me on my monitor.

https://www.northstyle.com/itemdy00.aspx?T1=NL515+OL+S&GASearchTerm=ruffle hem jacket&srchcat=SearchBox

https://www.northstyle.com/itemdy00.aspx?T1=NL564+BK+S

https://www.northstyle.com/itemdy00.aspx?T1=NK190+OL+2X

https://www.northstyle.com/itemdy00.aspx?T1=MF6164+DN+10

https://www.northstyle.com/itemdy00.aspx?T1=NK217+DN+S

https://www.northstyle.com/itemdy00.aspx?T1=NH716+NA+S

Edited by MJC
add info
  • Like 1

Melody they are soft and comfy and have held up well in the wash. The thing I like most is the lay flat waistband. I do not like gathered waists so I buy them to fit without a lot of cinching. Also not too full in the hip seam because I am quite straight-waisted.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MJC said:

Melody they are soft and comfy and have held up well in the wash. The thing I like most is the lay flat waistband. I do not like gathered waists so I buy them to fit without a lot of cinching. Also not too full in the hip seam because I am quite straight-waisted.

Sounds like they’d work for me, I’m also pretty straight waisted & hate cinching. 

I had the last metal tooth implant removed on Monday (my brand new zirconium implant actually fell out of my jaw on Sunday). Can’t tel you all how much better I feel without them!  I now have zero artificial parts!  The lessening of pressure & the constant throbbing are easing already. Melody

• Like 1

Melody, now that the implants are gone, what do you have in place of them?

Margaret, you posted some cute items.  I like that twill jacket that is really cute, and will be great in the fall around here.  I actually have a jeans jacket that I love to wear with a scarf in the fall.

Fall is my favorite season, and I'm looking forward to it this year.  It has been an extremely hot, humid summer here, and super rainy.

Speaking of rain, we have been getting a ton of it, and a lot areas locally have flooding.  I am literally just a few minutes uphill from where they had to close roads today.  It breaks my heart.  My old house was even closer to this.  I can walk from my current home to what you see here in maybe ten minutes?  Two minutes driving?  

Thankfully, there is no rain in the forecast again until Sunday.  3UFZQHRADBHQ7FKUJIM4IFGX44.thumb.jpg.0942402807f6282109e785be8fe59806.jpg

7MOTQ66V7FHGNKJOLFAZ3HUN6Y.thumb.jpg.d1c4904b433fa818452237f3e09d5a16.jpg

Laurie, I’m glad you’re higher than the flooding. You’re getting the rain that we desperately need. 

the teeth saga is ongoing. I had my upper left molars (implants) removed & more bone grafts put in. I can’t have anything there for 6 weeks. At that time they’ll give me a bridge (I’m not happy about this) so I can chew on that side. This will be done if the bone grafts take. Right now it’s a royal pain (literally)! Melody

The amazing thing about flooding is how you can drive down the street, and literally have it too flooded to drive through in a matter of minutes.  The same thing happens when the water recedes.   I feel very thankful for my situation, and I also feel very badly for those who have major damage to their homes.  Overall, I think the water went back fast enough to keep out rot and structural damage, at least.

We have had nothing but rain most of the summer.  I'm really nervous about Henri being off the coast, as sooner or later, it brings heavy rain to us, which means we will flood again...

Margaret, I am still thinking about that olive denim jacket.  🙂  I like that basic three quarter sleeve top too.  

I am babysitting my grandson tonight while my daughter goes to a wedding.  It will be fun...I love spending time with him.  They are so close by now that I see them all the time, and it is good for my daughter, for Krysyn and for us.  He was over Sunday, and ran in and said "Grammy!  baseball!"   So of course, we went outside to play.  At least it wasn't raining at the time!

We are still working very steadily on our retirement planning.  I am transferring my pension rollover and once that is done, I should have all the details ready to be sent to me.  We went over them in person, but I am someone who wants to see and study all the spreadsheets and the like.  The reality is, my husband and I have to see the changes in our income, anticipating our mortgage being paid off and so forth and just look at how it affects us.  

I'm hoping to schedule some vacation time soon and work here in the den.  as it turns out, all the shelves we have had for years in the closet came tumbling down not long ago.  Apparently, some of the screws were not put into studs.  Our project this weekend is to get the supplies to re-do the closet, and being working on it.  My vacation time will be for repainting it and preparing it for batten and board on the bottom 5 feet.

• Like 2

We had an &1100 price drop on our junior suite (first time we’ve booked one) after final payment!  We’ve asjed for the best price guarantee, should find out in a couple of days how much we’ll actually get on OBC. Never had a price drop of this magnitude before!

Hope everyone in these hurricane paths remains safe. Melody

As you know, mine was rebooked by RCI, Melody.  We have a junior suite booked, and those are showing as sold out online so I guess I am good!

I saw this blouse today and wanted to share.  I love the colors, since earthy colors are hard to come by where they look appropriate for warmer weather.  Myself, I don't do that well with lighter colors, but this would be nice for work, so I would likely be wearing a cardigan or jacket with it.  I do have a green cardigan that would work with this, and a gold sweater.  I would probably need to see it in real life but the background is great for us - it seems to be a true ivory,

I'm not sure about the fly away styling on me, so I would have to make sure the shipping and return costs are good. Especially because I would normally not spend this much on a shirt.

Generally speaking, I am looking to keep my work wardrobe focused on basics, and wearing them until they need replacement.  It doesn't make sense to go all out and buy a ton of stuff if I am going to retire in 5 years, lol.    At the same time, I like some variety and I want to look nice.  I'm happy that we are not quite as conservative as we used to be so I really only need one suit, with  some jackets to wear hear and there.  Otherwise, dress pants or skirts with a nice top work.  Due to air conditioning, I almost always wear a cardigan or sweater.

Tiered Botanical Top - NorthStyle Women's Fashions

I don't think I would be comfortable with the style or print, but it is really pretty:

Wispy Floral Sheer Blouse - NorthStyle Women's Fashions

Margaret, you have purchased their clothing before, right?  How is the sizing and quality?

7 hours ago, awhfy said:

We had an &1100 price drop on our junior suite (first time we’ve booked one) after final payment!  We’ve asjed for the best price guarantee, should find out in a couple of days how much we’ll actually get on OBC. Never had a price drop of this magnitude before!

Hope everyone in these hurricane paths remains safe. Melody

Price drop of $1100 was credited to our cruise planner today!!!

• Like 1

It looks like you had a great time, Melody.  The haze - is the air quality pretty bad as a result?

Margaret, I've been thinking about you and the flooding the NYC area had.  I hope it was no where near you!

I'll have to check out Chicos and see what they have.  Thanks for the heads up.

So my cruise is rebooked.  I had no issue with getting a refund of points And credit back to my credit card for excursions, and I have already rebooked everything. 

With RCI, I will need a negative COVID test performed within 2 days of my cruise to board.  They have kits you can order in advance.  You have to use your phone of computer and they watch you open and perform the test.  You have results in 15 minutes.  So that is what we will do.  I'm going to order them this week so we have them.

Anita and Sally, we haven't heard from you.  I hope all is well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PurpleHays said:

Air Force Academy? From an AF vet, good job!

My husband & oldest daughter are AF retirees, his Dad is a disabled Marine. Nate has been enlisted in AF & was selected to attend the AF Academy (one of 10). We’re very proud of him 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, awhfy said:

My husband & oldest daughter are AF retirees, his Dad is a disabled Marine. Nate has been enlisted in AF & was selected to attend the AF Academy (one of 10). We’re very proud of him 

You have every reason to be proud. It's not easy to get into any of the military academies.

If he'd gone 15 years ago, he might have gotten my BIL as an instructor. He is retired AF. I just did one enlistment and got out, but am using my MOS today. Sort of. I was a surgical technologist and am now an OR RN.

• Like 1

Just popping in to say hi. No fashion news to report. Been busy at the lake with friends and being on the POA Board. Soon fall will be here, we can feel it at night when the temp dips.

Made our final payment for Nov. 28th cruise out of FLL. Now I'm shopping for travel insurance and trying to lose a few pounds. So far I have been one of the lucky ones who is not having issues with the new Ocean Medallion from Princess. We are all set with our docs except for pre-cruise test and our boarding time.

I already have my eye on a cruise next fall on Cunard. NY-Quebec-NY.

• Like 1