All Things EARTH... part 2

CCHelp

This is a backup if I need an extra outfit for some reason, and I can swap out the shorts for the ivory jeans depending on the weather. I can also just add a cardigan if needed. This is the main outfit I'm not quite sure of yet. I know it sounds weird, but this isn't what I had in mind. I like it, but it just isn't what I was envisioning.

I think it will help when I actually try on things together, the way I plan on wearing them. The cropped jeans are a clearance item from WHBM and they are a really nice ivory color. The shorts are a bit different for me. They are a clearance item from Express that I picked up recently.

20170128_143444_zpsljmpazej.jpg

I am still thinking about when I arrive in Tampa. I can always put on the ivory ankle jeans. But maybe I'm better off with something I don't have to worry about getting dirty, if I may need to wear them a second time.

What are your thoughts? I always love to get feedback. The tops and bottoms all appear to mix and match well.

Once I have this settled, I'll see which sandals are making the trip. I try to make sure I don't need to bring a zillion pairs of shoes. I need room for all that jewelry, lol. I didn't show earrings, but once I have everything situated with necklaces and the outfits, I usually grab some earring that go along with everything. My ears are very sensitive, so I don't wear a ton of earrings.

Gee, I can throw in a few rings too!!!

I have that same floral top from Dressbarn, it really is more orangey. I wear it with my Athleta sage green skort or khaki slacks. I tend to travel in black slacks so I don't need to worry about getting dirty.

I don't like to wear jeans on planes (you seldom get upgraded if you aren't "properly" dressed. Boy, that's my old Pan Am self talking, gone are the days of flying in a suit & heels (thank goodness). I still make Les fly in a sports coat (easier than packing), he wears jeans & a button down, long-sleeved shirt & dress shoes (he grumbles, but has been upgraded many times when he's dressed that way). I wear slacks, shirt & cardigan with my multicolored shoes. We dressed this way going to Hawaii last April, got to airport early & were asked by gate agent if we'd change our seats (we had Economy Plus on United) to keep a family together. We said sure, even tho Les was skeptical. They gave us 2a&b [emoji6], I asked what about L A-Hawaii...gate agent smiled & handed me 3A&B. Now, that was a nice upgrade. I thanked him, he said, well you two look like you belong there. I laughed & pulled out my Pan Am pendant, he said, I can always call it. Coming back from Seattle we got upgraded again (same reason given to us). Les is convinced. Doesn't happen every flight, but often enough. I don't go looking for it. Melody

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have that same floral top from Dressbarn, it really is more orangey. I wear it with my Athleta sage green skort or khaki slacks.

I bought that top too and wear it with a green skort. :) I like that it can be dressed up or down depending on accessories.

Melody, I'm with you on dressing nicely for flying. I know many people prefer to focus on comfort, and I don't have a problem with that. But, I do believe that if you dress like you travel often and know what you're doing, you're more likely to be treated well by the airlines. Whether it's an upgrade or a free drink, I think being polite and well put together can lead to you being chosen over someone else for those nice surprises.

Laurie, I wish I understood what you meant about that one outfit not being what you expected. I do notice that you seem to prefer solid colors in your tops. Is the pattern bothering you? Is it the blue shorts? I'm curious. It is a more vibrant look than the others, is that troubling to you? Do you think it's a color thing or an energy thing? I really like that top. I would wear it in a heartbeat.

I noted to myself that it was hard for me to wear a solid top on Wednesday. I really didn't like it, and I didn't have a lot in my wardrobe to choose from. I think it's because my outfit had a very static look that's not in keeping with my type 1. Even the movement in my waterfall jacket didn't seem to do it for me.

With that Dress barn top, I took it in because I love it and really wanted to take it with me. It's so pretty and the colors are great.

With that outfit, Margaret, I've worn the top before. I know you can't see much here, but this is the shirt.

Nachicocum_zpsyiscuyka.jpg

I think I will know more when I put it on. You know how sometimes I talk about feeling Frumpy? Like an outfit makes me feel like I'm even more short waisted and bigger than I am? I keep thinking that will happen when I put this outfit on.

I really need to try it on.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Laurie maybe if you pick out the reddish orange in that top you'll be happier. I have a Nachi picture just like that one, lol. Melody

Pieces of my post dropped off again. What I meant to say was maybe if you picked out the rusty/red orange in the top for slacks/shorts you'd like it better. The blue shorts look more Firey to me. Melody

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

India had the most colorful booth:

NYTS02.jpg

Me with the women at the booth for Uzbekistan:

NYTS01.jpg

I think these characters were from Jamaica:

NYTS04.jpg

I won this 3-1-1 kit at a trivia show for knowing the bartender's name on The Love Boat:

NYTS03.jpg

We attended a really helpful talk about travel to Africa, but mostly we just wandered around getting ideas about possible future vacations and talking to people.

Melody, I know what you mean. A rusty red pair of shorts or cropped jeans would be great. I don't think I'll have enough time though. A lot depends on fit. I'll probably go up.on a bit and try the outfit on.

Sally, I was thinking I could add a cardigan if it was cooler out.

Margaret, it looked like you had fun! Your jacket reminds me a bit of a sweater I'm wearing today. I would call mine a dusty aqua. It's a bit softer than what you are wearing in your photo.

All those colors are so enticing to me.

This is really hard for me to post, because I'm very bad at self-esteem and these pictures are horrible.

Here is picture of the top with denim cropped jeans.

20170129_175652_zpszr3ydqtl_edit_1485731056170_zpsgnp7gmit.jpg

Now here are the same bottoms with a different top. It's a very bad style for me, but I can't help but to think it looks better. Can you imagine the right top.though?

20170129_175729_zpslsqjz8yj_edit_1485731284906_zpsfh9aicjj.jpg

Excuse the bedroom. I threw a bunch of things out of the way to get to.the mirror, lol. I made a mess. I'm even doing a weird face, ha. But despite the bad photos, can you see what I mean? The shirt could use a slight adjustment, but I think the length is wrong.

Edited by laurspag

Laurie, I was just reading thru, DH leaves tomorrow morning to go back to NJ for 3 weeks so I wasn't going to take time to post, but...I hit your photo to try to zoom it in on my iPad and I got into your photobucket account. Like, I had access to the whole thing. I don't think you want that, so I'm telling you that happened so that you can see about making your albums private or something? Idk. Just seems wrong to be able to see everything in your account and I wanted to warn you that happened.

Laurie, I really like both of those tops on you. I think I agree with Sally about the first one with jeans... that top seems to want to skim over your hips and the jeans won't let it.

You look great. Whether you are happy with the photos or not, I am glad you are comfortable enough with us to share. Think of these as working photos and don't worry.

Sally, it WAS fun. :) In addition to all the booths, there were several stages set up in the different sections (Asia, Caribbean, etc.) and in along with talks they had cultural performances, mostly music and dance, but even a puppet show. I really wanted to see the Ukrainian dancers but we would have had to leave the Africa talk early, and we just couldn't make ourselves leave. We got a lot of good information there.

Our November cruise is very lightly booked. Our category is full, though, so perhaps we'll get an upgrade? I think our roll call only has about 16 people on it. I have begun to read about excursions so I can get ideas for each port.

Laurie, when will the ironing begin? :D

Laurie, I like the second top a lot. I agree with Sally, the first top looks awkward with jeans, maybe a skort or slim knit pants instead?

Margaret, sounds like you had a great day! The pictures were wonderful. Melody

I went with the jeans because it looked worse with the ivory ankle jeans and with the shorts. The shorts have no pockets and a side zipper, but the top is too long for them. It looks weird. [emoji12]

I don't think I quite have the right thing to wear with it...unless I stop being fussy about it. The proportions really make a difference. I feel 4 foot tall and 3 feet wide, lol.

I think I just need to take some time with trying on different things. It makes such a huge difference to me to have it figured out. I get up, get dressed and don't even have to think k about it.

Melody, when you say you "pulled out your Pan Am pendant"...where you a stewardess for Pan Am back in the day? I only ask because I have a really funny story if you were.:D

Laurie, I love the necklace you paired with the green top! Actually, I like all your jewelry choices. I also love those ivory-colored, cropped jeans with that top...more so than the shorts or skort pictured with it. You make such great wardrobe choices!

I'm a little out of the loop...where exactly are your cruise stops? Are you staying in Tampa over night? That's the city where I was born!

Went shopping with my niece (the one that's getting married next month in Cancun). We had such a great time. She's just a really great young woman. The DH and I just love her so much. Anyway, I bought her two tops for her honeymoon in Playa del Carmen and we both got the same red lipstick at Sephora. Although I'm not allowed to wear mine if she decides it's the color she'll wear on her wedding day. LOL! I wasn't sure if the color was right for me (it looked amazing on her skin is a shade lighter than my naturally tanned shade) but...one of the woman shopping near me said she thought the color looked great on me too...so I went for it I'm such a sucker for flattery LOL. It's a really sultry, deep dark red and I just love it! Oh yeah...I also bought myself a new top (like I need it...LOL!).

Edited by mousey

Mousey, I was industrial security with Pan Am, not on flight status, but had all the perks, including the reciprocal travel (boy, do I miss that one!). I do have some wild stories too [emoji6]. Melody

I keep looking at those pictures I posted, and I'm giggling. Well you know, better to laugh than to get all depressed that I don't look the way I want to. I'm not a saddle thighs kind of girl, but I sure look that way in that one photo!

In any event, I was responding earlier at lunch so I was using the tiny keyboard on my phone.

Those cropped jeans aren't bulky. The top...I think it has more to do with where it lands. I wasn't sure how I felt about that. I have to pay close attention to that. For me, a longer top with shorts or a skort really looks bad. If something falls at the middle of the hip, then it isn't bad.

I'm finding the same thing with dresses that are either a blouson or a-line. If the hem length falls just about the knee to just below it, not a great idea. A maxi seems okay though. It's how my body is divided up? Because of being big in the chest and short waisted?

That rust colored shirt I used for comparison is pretty, and different. But because of the drapey fabric on the side and the width of the strap, if you will, I add a lot more weight than I should to the top of my body. Somehow though, it looks better to me?

Bear with me, a lot of times when I post I'm "thinking out loud" as I try to figure out what is bothering me.

I was thinking about what the weather might be like, and that cropped jeans or ivory ankle jeans would fit the potential forecast. So I don't have a ton of options. I liked the ivory because they are soft, and how often can we find an ivory anything that doesn't just look like it might be off white?

Truthfully, pairing those ivory bottoms with the rust top and pair of heels looks decent. But I'm not wearing heels in Tampa or Key West. (longer legs, plus I have about an inch too much fabric, maybe?

Mousy, I'm sailing out of Tampa so I will be there overnight. I also have a stop in Key West, which can sometimes be a little cooler at this time of the year. I was looking for something that can handle a temperature range by adding a cardigan if needed.

The other stop is Cozumel, so I think that will be plenty warm!

Maybe my goal tonight after dinner will be to try some different things on!

I cropped the pictures I posted yesterday a little but all that jewelry is the cruise jewelry. Needlessly to say, those little jewelry rolls don't work the best, lol.

Well, I've hastily taken more pictures! I don't know if they help or not. I am thrown off if I'm not wearing earth colors. I find it distracting. But let's see if you all can help me analyze a bit. Here are some pictures, and I'd like to see what you think are the best and worst. I'm wearing those cropped jeans again. They are likely going to be what I bring, so it makes sense to work with them.

20170130_185500_zpsap2hqmdv.jpg

20170130_185555_zpsubr5lixw.jpg

20170130_185655_zpscym4kxj8.jpg

20170130_185742_zpstgty7cdr.jpg