All Things EARTH... part 2

CCHelp

I look to have the top part of my body recede, since I am a few sizes bigger on top than on the bottom. Light colors on top aren't the best for me. I could try a dark outfit overall, but I like some lighter colors on vacation.

Melody, I am liking that top more and more too. It's a deep rust color. I liked the effect of seeing a longer tunic as well. It looked a lot nicer than I was expecting. The front Is woven with tonal embroidery but the back is a lightweight knit. It is very nice.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Mousey, I was industrial security with Pan Am, not on flight status, but had all the perks, including the reciprocal travel (boy, do I miss that one!). I do have some wild stories too [emoji6]. Melody

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Back in the mid 60s we were renting a house right across the street from the small hotel where the Pan Am stewardesses stayed while they were in training. I was 18 at the time and was out on a date as it was a Sat. night. I had a midnight curfew and it was non-negotiable! My mom had a habit of waiting up for me. If I was even one minute late she would be standing at our big living room picture window with her hands on her hips in her pajamas waiting for the showdown if I got home late. Well one night it was about 5 past midnight and she goes and opens the curtains, looks out the window and sees my boyfriend's car and us making out like mad in it!!! She comes tearing out of the house in her pjs and slippers and starts banging on the car window. Unfortunately for her it wasn't me and my boyfriend...it was one of the stewardess and her date! LOL! They were so shocked and my mom was so embarrassed. The car was the same exact 1964 Mustang that my boyfriend had. We drove up right as mom was pounding on the window and thought she had gone nuts! LOL! We've laughed about this episode for years.:D Boy was mom embarrassed!

Edited by mousey

It is always so funny to me to see my clothes on other people on this thread! :D

Laurie, is that purple tank top Merona? I see you in that and it works to me, but it is so very casual...I don't think I've ever seen you look quite that casual! It would be a good base layer and kind of disappear beneath what over layer you would wear, and would be a nice canvas for whatever necklace you would wear. I know that top...it's so comfortable, and I love the darker color, feels very forgiving to me always when I wear it. I think I wash it weekly.

In that post, I love the yellow top! I know you have avoided that high neck in the past, but it is so flattering! The key hole is perfect to "break up the space" and I like that gold accent. I think your body shape has changed enough...you look very proportional and that top is elongating. It also seems the most "you" of you that I have formed.

Sorry mousey! I don't care for the turquoise top with those jeans, but I have a thing for that color with denim...It is one of the few colors that I don't really think "goes" with that kind of denim color...and I personally don't wear them together. But that's just me. It's a cute top, but in the photo, without any accessories, I find my eye going to the lace detail at the hip area...which isn't what I would want for a photo friendly top.

Having a long sleeved shirt seems like a smart thing. That green tunic has some lovely detail. And I like that the detail is toward the top and near your face. It's a pretty soft color on you...the whole outfit has a kind of low key vibe to it that I like.

I always dress from shoes up...I pick out what shoes I want to wear and then I figure out what I can wear with those shoes...so I'm curious...what shoes are you planning on wearing with the crops?

Edited by Anita Latte

I would like that turquoise top with the ivory ankle pants. Melody

Me too.

The turquoise and the yellow are my favorites. They seem most vacation-y. Good idea to toss in the green long-sleeved one. It looks like something comfy for late in the evening deck strolls or cool theaters without the bulk of a sweater, but you could still layer over it if necessary.

Melody, I don't get the Chico's catalog but I'll go online to check it out. Olive green has been a big color lately.

Well, my favorite was that golden yellow color. I love those types of necklines these days. I just have to make sure I'm exposing a good amount of shoulder.

I like the turquoise, but I think the shirt wears me rather than the other way around.

And you are right about the purple tank, Anita! I reallybth8nk Target has some great basics, and they have a great selection of colors. I know that there would have to be a necklace with it. And because it is basic, I think I'd want more out of a cardigan if I were layering.

In the summer, at home, I'd wear that with shorts. If I went somewhere, I'd look to add accessories.

I haven't chosen sandals yet for any of my outfits, but that is next.

Now I'm thinking of one more top that I have, lol. Basic v-neck tops are great, but I'm finding there are different ways to break up the upper part of my body.

It's amazing how my perspective changes when I'm able to see an outfit in a picture.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Scored again yesterday...this time at Ross 4 Less! Was in the neighborhood and remembered that Tues. is 10% off for seniors...so ya know I had to drop in. LOL! I walked out with a dress (rare for me) that can be used as a tunic top in a print of browns, creams, and olive green, a Caribbean blue, cold shoulder tunic top that I can use as both a top and as a cover up for a swimsuit, and a silky, collared, button-up, cold-shouldered, long-sleeved, leopard print blouse. LOVE IT! I simply cannot buy one more thing for Cancun or I'll have to commit myself to the loony bin!:eek:

Did I mention that I went berserk last Sun. when shopping with my niece and bought (talk about an impulse buy) a pair of high-heeled shoes at Zara?:eek: They are beige suede, open-toed, with wraparound ties at the ankle. At the top of the toe part are various-sized pom poms in turquoise, brown and beige. There are also pom poms on the ends of the thin, wrap-around-the-ankle straps. I know they sound crazy...but they are actually really great. I don't know what possessed me but I fell in love with them on sight and tried them on. I was actually able to walk comfortably in them to my surprise. It's a good 4-5" heel which I haven't worn in years! They were $150 originally and I picked them up for $20. I asked my niece if they looked ridiculous on me (she's always very truthful with me) and she said "No, they really look great on you and your little feet." LOL! I'm known for my size 7 feet among my BFFs who mostly wear sizes ranging from 8-9 1/2. I brought them home and the DH was happy as a clam. He's always loved me in heels and wants me to wear them for dinner on Valentine's Day. ;) I can't wait to see if I can wear them for a long period of time. So excited! Been wanting to wear heels again for a long time. Just gotta see how my back and knees handle it...not to mention my ankles and the balls of my feet. I figure for $20 if they don't work out I can always give them away to the DS's xx-girlfriend. LOL!

I'll let you know after our Valentine Day dinner how it went! The one thing I must avoid is falling down. That would not be good in any way, shape, or form. So, I plan to take a pair of flat shoes with me in case I start to feel wobbly. If I do feel wobbly...off go the heels! I think these shoes are so "hot!". The fact that the DH loves them is icing on the cake.:D

mousey, those shoes sound like a lot of fun!

Melody, those green pants are calling my name....

I'm going to look at those pants & duster tomorrow after I pick up my little fashionista from school...she's so much fun to shop with (& for). Melody

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Melody, let me know how that outfit looks in real life. The website seemed to show a lot of earthy shirts so I am very interested in what you find.

Margaret, I've been ironing for a week, lol.

I got a bunch of things together tonight, and decided to look at sandals. I have this one pair I got for a whole seven dollars a long time ago, thinking that as long as I got something out of them, I would be fine because I paid so little for them. I think they have been on every cruise in the last 4 yesrs. They're the animal print ones in this picture. They literally go with at least three of my five day time outfits.

019.jpg

Also the brown sandals to the left with the strap are a nice walking sandal so I'm bringing those for Key West. I've had those a long time too!

Since the picture doesn't show the colors well, I would say there is a deep rust, olive and then a greenish beige color in them. They will go good with the olive tunic and shirt, the brick red ( sort of) tank and maybe the pumpkin shirt. I'll figure all that out tomorrow night i think.

Melody, let me know how that outfit looks in real life. The website seemed to show a lot of earthy shirts so I am very interested in what you find.

Margaret, I've been ironing for a week, lol.

I got a bunch of things together tonight, and decided to look at sandals. I have this one pair I got for a whole seven dollars a long time ago, thinking that as long as I got something out of them, I would be fine because I paid so little for them. I think they have been on every cruise in the last 4 yesrs. They're the animal print ones in this picture. They literally go with at least three of my five day time outfits.

019.jpg

Also the brown sandals to the left with the strap are a nice walking sandal so I'm bringing those for Key West. I've had those a long time too!

You know me and how I love animal print everything...I love your choice of sandals...especially the animal print ones! LOL!

Most of the sandals I'm taking on my trip to Cancun are ankle-wrap and/or lace up ones. I have small heels and ankles so these two styles are most comfortable for me. Adjustable straps are good too. I don't do well with closed-in shoes as they are always loose on my heels.

Hoping you have an amazing cruise! I'm so psyched for you!:D

I'm getting close!!!

We got the luggage out today, and between yesterday and today, I packed the items I don't mind rolling and putting into packing cubes. I am not a huge fan of packing cubes for certain things, but they are great for pajamas, underclothes and all the undershirts and tshirts my husband wears.

The rest of the items are ready to be packed, but I don't want to fold them and have them start wrinkling yet so I'll put those in Thursday. I've been ironing everything!

Now, we have two carry ons and we were going to check in one larger suitcase. It is more of a medium suitcase than a large. I think we may have some issues. Here is why...

my husband's dress shoes and sandals are kind of big and clunky. He wears undershirts under all his button down shirts, and he wears button down shirts during the day and at dinner. There will be days when he showers before dinner, and he will want all clean clothing...I do the same thing.

We each have day time outfits. For dinner, I have a dress for each night. He will wear his suit one night, and then he's bringing two pairs of pants that will each be worn twice.

For day time, I have one shorts outfit each day. Then I have one extra pair of shorts and cropped jeans - whichever I need - for when we arrive in Tampa the day before. I have two extra tops - the green tunic, and the yellow one. The jeans will have to be re-worn if it is cool in Key West. I have a very lightweight knit cardigan that I will likely wear flying out of Syracuse, that will be my go to if it is cool at all.

So, that's that. We usually travel Jet Blue, but for this trip, we will be on American Airlines. They charge $25.00 for a suitcase, and if I have to pay for two instead of one...oh well. I can deal with that. I think I may be able to get away with one checked suitcase and two carryons. My husband often brings a backpack that fits under the seat, but he puts his Ipad and some magazines in there so it won't hold much else.

One thing when I got my knew luggage is that I went with two medium suitcases and two carry ons. If I use it all, they will all have some room to spare. For a 7 day cruise, they will be fuller. But I have what I need.

I threw in an long, thinner ivory lace scarf that I have, because it rolled up real small. I can throw that on with the tunic, if I want. I think it would look cute. How about that...no extra jewelry! :D

I worked half a day yesterday, and then did laundry. Today I was ironing and packing and just finishing up things. I will probably go visit my sister tomorrow, and then Tuesday is a very busy day at work so I may end up there longer than planned. Wednesday we go to the gym. Thursday, I am leaving work a bit early, gong to the store, doing any laundry that is around, getting a manicure, and finishing up the packing! Then I'm off bright and early Friday morning! 6:40 AM, to be exact. So when you consider boarding times, we are going to have to get up pretty early to shower and get there.

My nails are so short. I'm thinking of just getting a light, neutral color such as champagne. They aren't very pretty right now at all.

With my toes, I am going to do my own because my pedicures last pretty good and it's freezing here right now. I'm trying to figure out what color. It seems I always end up with a red dress, and something on formal night that keeps me from getting a color that goes with everything. I'm not really big on barely there colors for my toes. Any suggestions? Besides Syracuse Orange?? ;)

Mousey, your shoes sound cute. I'd love to see what they look like! Maybe you can share a link?

Melody, when I get back from vacation, I might take a look in Chico's at the mall. I am not certain if it is an outlet store or not. It seems like there were a lot of cute earthy looking tops when I went online after you posted that olive outfit.

Laurie, what about a shiny copper for your toes? It would go with everything.

Smart color idea! Copper does go with everything! I'm going to put mine in my nail polish bag right after I post tonight.

Laurie,

I just started today to put outfits together and taking pictures with my iphone. I'll see if I can finally get the DS to show me how to post pictures when he comes for the Grammys next weekend. He's always so busy. But I'm going to bribe him with my homemade brownies this time! LOL!