All Things EARTH... part 2

CCHelp

I agree, try to take more time there if you can. Laurie, Sally has some good suggestions; however, I'd eat at NoName Restaurant not Legal Seafood. If you want a historical dinner go to Durgin Park (it's right by Faneuil Hall). Don't forget the North End for truly great Italian (bring cash they don't take plastic). Everyone goes to Mikes Pastry, I prefer going across the street to Modern (I can taste the Pastry now, my favorite is a lobster claw)

I believe the Holiday Inn you're staying at is right by the hospitals (yes, plural). Public transportation is great & convenient in Boston. Parking is a nightmare & expensive. Duck tours are great & walk the Freedom Trail it is wonderful (it'll take you by the original Cheers). The Cheers in Faneuil Hall is not the original, but has great outdoor seating for people watching. I've not done the Hop On Bus, I just wander. I grew up in Boston & it's still my favorite city. Melody

Sent from my iPad using Forums

"For me, the hunt is part of the fun."

LOL! I too participate in the catch and release program. Love it!

I love this, Betty! My DH is a card-carrying member with honors of this program. Customer service knows him by name at most of our local stores.

I love this, Betty! My DH is a card-carrying member with honors of this program. Customer service knows him by name at most of our local stores.

Hilarious, Debbie! Dillard's is one of our favorite stories from our last cruise with you guys :')

Hey, I missed you guys. I had a long and full week in MI. Nothing exciting to talk about, just a busy schedule with lots to do. It was COLD! Here are a couple of packing pics for you.

So, for one week, I took my rolling duffel and a tote withmy laptop. I used my medium packing cube, small packing cube, and cosmetics bag. For traveling I wore jeans and booties, my packable down coat, and a long sleeved shirt. I packed some black yoga pants and a fleece. In my tote I had a scarf and gloves, which I really needed in MI.

My tops were all Lucky Brand shirts with a mix of t’s and long sleeves, and couple of camis for layering (also really needed). The temps ranged from high 20’s to low 60’s, a typical Michigan spring. I packed sneakers and workout clothes and even got in two early morning Zumba classes. I took my swimsuit just in case, but the hotel pool was very cold so I didn’t use it. Everything I packed was blue! The ones that look like they have white in them are actually ivory. Here’s my cube:

Tcube.jpg

While I was there I bought these two tops for work at TJMaxx. My sister and I cannot be together without shopping at least once!

TJMaxx.jpg

Just before I left, I had popped into L&T for my makeup and ended up with two more Lucky t’s. They didn’t travel with me but I’m looking forward to wearing them:

LuckyTs.jpg

I’ve been following along with the thread lately but my days have been too long to chime in, so I’m going to try to catch up!

Laurie, I’m glad you’re keeping the red dress. I liked it best, and it is a little sexy, yes? I think it has interest and will be a nice addition to the variety of your dresses. My one comment on the ivory dresses at this late date is that with lighter colors I think the quality of the fabric is super important. It really shows in things like the hems and the heft of the linings, which have a big effect on how the fit looks . Good score on the suit! I have pants that color that I wear to work, and what I like is that I can pair them with darker brown sweaters or jackets and they work with all of them, no matter the shade. And it looks soooo good with red, which I know you love.

As for Boston, we loved Faneuil Hall and Quincy Market. Sometimes there are special events in the square before Faneuil Hall. We are history nuts so we liked the Freedom Trail. We actually walked it all the way to Bunker Hill and climbed the tower.

Melody, when we sailed out of Houston I thought of Cozumel as our “down day,” because I was least interested in it and we were just going to have a beach day. But Nachi changed my mind completely. Am so jealous that you get to go twice! We bought inflatable noodles and just floated in the ocean most of the day. Heavenly. I liked Belize well enough, but I wouldn’t hurry to go back. Roatan, on the other hand, has the most spectacular snorkeling and I would go back there in a heartbeat. I miss being on longer cruises and am looking forward to our 10-day.

We had big issues sailing out of Houston, so I’m not particularly interested in a Texas departure again. Plus, sailing from FL is so much cheaper for us because of the flight costs.

Sally, cute travel bag! Is that like a denim blue, or what I think of as marine blue, where it has a little turquoise to it? I love that color because like jeans it works as a neutral with almost everything. I laughed when you talked about packing for Gary… my Mark always gets his clothes out to pack but I have to make sure that he has all the bases covered. He has no filter for old clothes vs. new and will pack the darndest things if I let him. J

Anita, that desert stars skirt is GORGEOUS. It is a bit pricey, and probably not my style, but it is exactly the kind of thing that would catch my eye and then sadly sit in the closet too often. It’s really beautiful. The blue you mentioned at Soft Surroundings is right up my alley. I do have to be careful of anything that has the hips as the widest part, though. Your talk with Melody about shoulders is interesting to me, because one of the things I am having to get used to is that I am broader in the back and shoulders since I quit dancing and started lifting weights. Water skiing is also making my shoulders wider. I sometimes still have body image disconnect because I look so different now. I have to remind myself when I shop that my shape has changed a lot.

Gauchos, OMG. JI had a fave pair in high school that I wore with platform sandals. I thought I was the coolest thing. I like the longer versions that you showed that flowed like a skirt. I can imagine how comfy they would be as a staple.

DIllards, Bealls, Steinmart… you all are making me want to go shopping in Florida!

I just read Pam’s long post in the FIRE thread, I think I have to go talk over there, too. J

I am so attracted to all the Lucky Brand tops and dresses! We just went shopping today...DH and I...we get in a mood...and he had a need so we drove through all the traffic to the "fun mall" and I had a good time dressing "Ken".

I did pick up two dresses...I have a few occasions coming up...I might feel like posing for a picture...we'll see...one was a bit of a steal and one was a bit of a splurge...

I got the Bar III dress in Hibiscus Bloom, which is one of those colors...probably too intense to be a true Earth color, but not really bright enough to be Fire... I felt like it was cheerful and fun...and it isn't nearly as short on me as on the model. The Chico's dress looks like denim IRL. It isn't as bright as the photo...probably not a great Earth color...but the dress is lovely...and when I came out of the dressing room in both dresses DH gave me that look that lets you know that yes, it does look as good as you were thinking it did...;)

I'm on the look out again for good sandals that aren't athletic looking but are comfortable, with a better sole than the typical flat sole on so many casual, but not athletic sandals. I think I found a pair of good looking Cole Haan's. Fairly pricey, but the last pair of Cole Haan sandals that I owned were so good...I know I had them for at least 7 years, maybe more...

Margaret, my inflatable noodles never leave my travel tote, best invention ever! I have a straight one, a bendy one & a giant one (that's the couples noodle [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]). Love your Lucky tops. I wish I had a L&T close, loved that store in Boston.

We're going to Little French Key in Honduras & I just found out that paddleboards are included (that made Les & I very happy), just hope stupid foot is healed enough so I can balance. Snorkling is included too (extra $10 to go to reef). I tried my flippers on & I'm not going to be able to wear them, too much pressure across top of "stupid" foot. Now just hoping my full face mask comes in (backordered) before we leave (it'll be close). Melody

The things you learn on a message board . Inflatable noodles are a great idea and Lucky Brand .I had never heard of them but they have really great border prints so I already ordered a top .

Anita , Those dresses are both nice .I am sure you will look great .

I've found at least half of my Lucky tops for half off at Marshall's. There was only one that I just had to have and paid full price for. I was wondering why it wasn't in the picture... I was wearing it! Sally, which top did you buy?

Melody, have you considered some travel fins in a larger size? They aren't very expensive and have the adjustable strap in back, so they might be looser. Even water shoes can give you a little extra kick for snorkeling. I would go snorkeling without fins if I had to, it is one of my favorite things do.

We travel with an extra noodle in case we pop one. I can't tell you how many people saw us and said "hey that's a great idea!" Saw it on CC. :)

Anita... that blue dress... yum.

Edited by MJC
add info.

Anita, I just figured out how to open your dress pictures [emoji849]. Love the blue one! Margaret, I'll check out Marshalls, ours isn't the best. My fins are adjustable but the pressure across the top is just too much, I'll wear my booties or my Aqua Zumba shoes. I also love snorkeling & really hope my Triboard full face mask arrives so I can test it. My two tooth implants are still tender enough that I'm not sure a regular mouthpiece will work. Melody

Just a quick typo cleanup so everyone can see the link. Hope you don't mind.

Really pretty textures on that top! I'm supposed to be busy getting my wardrobe together and cleaning the kitchen so OF COURSE I'm on here seeing if anyone is talking.

Wow, I was thinking of my posts for today, both here and over at the fire thread. I've been following all the fire comments, but didn't realize you all were busy over here now too! :D I love chatting with all my friends.

First, I want to mention to Margaret that yes, I found the red dress to be a bit flirty and sexy. I think we all have different moods we like to dress for, but trying to find things that suit our personalities can be hard sometimes.

I think that Anita's two recent purchases make me think of that too. And for the opposite end of the spectrum, I post this link to something I recently found online:

https://www.macys.com/shop/product/lauren-ralph-lauren-charmeuse-shift-dress?ID=2956445&CategoryID=24118&LinkType=&selectedSize=#fn=SIZE%3DWOMEN_REGULAR_SIZE_T%3A8,%20M%26DEPARTMENT_TYPE%3DDresses%26sp%3D3%26spc%3D528%26ruleId%3D19|BS|BA%26slotId%3D228

The brown is delightful and earthy. I thought it was very iffy looking for me, because I really don't like loose and flowy things too much. But I was getting 30% off this price, it was Ralph Lauren, and the color was good so I figured I'd give it a try. Free shipping and I can return it at the mall! So I ordered down a size, hoping for a loose fit that wasn't baggy. I didn't like the picture, and didn't really like the way it fit the model.

I am loving it, but I don't have a picture yet. I may change my mind once I see myself in a picture wearing the dress, but I was thrilled on Friday evening when I gave it a try. I think this dress could be like that tropical print shirt from Dress Barn that a bunch of us have, meaning that we will all like it, just by buying the size that suits the fit we like.

I got another dress too. I am finding I have three formal night dresses that need to be taken in so much, they are really not worth the expense. I am also finding that two of the three are very heavy dresses. They are hard to pack, and actually heavy to wear. So I am reluctantly letting them go.

I found this, and it just tugged at my heart strings.

https://www.macys.com/shop/product/calvin-klein-cutout-halter-gown?ID=4426436&CategoryID=5449&swatchColor=Tango#fn=sp%3D1%26spc%3D2%26ruleId%3D22%26slotId%3D1%26kws%3Dcalvin%20klein%20tango%26searchPass%3DallMultiMatchWithSpelling

I got this with an additional 30% off, same as the brown dress. I'm loving this, even though I didn't order it. I don't really want two dresses in the same color though...I don't think. Plus, when you see the back, what would I do about a bra? With exercise and all, I think I'd be able to wear a dress with a built in bra, provided the fit was really good. I don't know if this has that, but the long dress does.

https://www.macys.com/shop/product/calvin-klein-x-front-keyhole-sheath-dress?ID=4426396&CategoryID=5449

Margaret, I love the shirts you brought with you as well as your recent finds. Like the comment you made about Anita's skirt that she liked, I too would probably buy them and then let them sit. I'm just very specific about prints.

I want to find one of those travel bags like Sally posted. That reminds me, I did find a tote that is really neat, so I need to post a picture for you later. It's olive green, and I think it will work well on a plane with travel paperwork, my Nook, snacks, etc.

Yes, I have heard that. I'm not thrilled, but since so many people are already wearing shorts to the dining room, it only makes sense.

O have been lookingvst more casual clothing options for myself, but I am having rough time finding things I like. I wish myself was different, it would be so much easier.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

I am actually looking at shorter dresses. It can be hard to find something that isn't black, it seems. I also think that some of my long dresses aren't as formal as some of my earlier picks. I think that factored in to not getting a few of them altered as well as the cost.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Laurie, love the Tango color! Course, I'm pretty fiery in my color likes.

We sail Celebrity as our preferred line. I seldom wear dresses as they're too heavy to pack for flying. I like jeweled-like jackets with slim silk pants (or as Les calls it, what I wore to work in protocol). I have tons (literally two full closets of formal wear including two women's tuxedos). I'm normally dressed like about 75% of the women. Les has gone from his tux to a dark suit (easier to pack as he wears the suit coat on the plane & then sends it for dry cleaning or pressing as soon as we get on board, can't do that with a tux). He's already said that he will continue to wear big boy pants to dinner except for first night just like he does at restaurants at home.

That being said, our first b2b will be on Royal & I bought a new jeweled jacket today [emoji849]. It's not a color that I'd normally wear, but I fell in love [emoji7]. It's white, with silver & black sparkles, full zip & pockets on the side seam. I'll wear it with black silk slim pants. I'll make sure to get a picture. Les will wear his black suit with a white shirt (or black tiny dot shirt) open collar. Melody

Laurie...I have a dress is the same silhouette as that brown dress. Maybe someone remembers mine, it has a soft navy colored collar and the body of the dress is a print in navy and orange...the print is a kind of border style and has the edge around the hem. I LOVE that dress. It is the easiest thing to wear. SO COMFORTABLE and yet, at the same time, because it's a dress...you look nice and people think you are on the dressier end of the casual spectrum. My dress is definitely more casual than that one...that one is lined and the fabric looks like a woven fabric. Mine is a rayon knit...I do prefer knits to wovens for dresses.

I don't know how it would be to have two different dresses in the same fabric and color? It's interesting to think about...would you end up liking them both equally but for different occasions? Or would you always end up liking one more than the other? IDK.

I have a brown floor length dress that is similar. It has the high neck and the key hole. I love it. Mine has a fuller skirt though...I would think that the long dress would be really flattering and do that elongating look that you favor. The shorter dress is very cute...but that back would present bra challenges...and the way of the opening on the top...you'd have to try it on to see if it has that elongating effect with the bodice that way or if it feels more chopped off somewhere above the chest. Regardless, Tango is a fun color and I think you would have to try it IRL to see how bright it really is. I've discovered more and more that many colors are photographed much brighter for the retail pictures than they are in IRL.

Our big shopping excursion was partly prompted by an emergency trip to Germany for DH. Almost all his work clothes are up north though because he was coming home for Spring Break. It's fine...he was getting very angry about the unneeded shopping, but really, we go shopping for him every year about this time...so I told him to stop with the attitude and let me have fun with "Ken". We're picking up some pants that were being altered for him today and so I get to try on some shoes at Nordstrom when we go back to the mall.

Here's what I am contemplating:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/caslon-leola-sandal-women/4493432?origin=category-personalizedsort&fashioncolor=BLACK%20LEATHER

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/sofft-mirabelle-sport-sandal-women/4215296?origin=category-personalizedsort&fashioncolor=DENIM%2F%20DENIM%20LEATHER

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/dolce-vita-jasmyn-ghillie-sandal-women/4256524?origin=category-personalizedsort&fashioncolor=GREY%20SUEDE

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/cole-haan-anica-sandal-women/4595939?origin=category-personalizedsort&fashioncolor=SAHARA%20LEATHER

It's good to have a bunch to want to try! I'll report back...

Anita, love the Mirabelle sport sandal, so cute & look comfortable. I have the Cole Haan Anita sandal, hope to be able to wear them again (not yet). Melody

And the winner was the Mirabelle Sport Sandal!! OMG...I thought the style was great and it was SO COMFORTABLE. I did notice the one thing that some reviewers had issues with...that is the way that the buckle is, but it didn't hit my ankle in any weird spot so it didn't bother me at all. I thought it was slightly odd to call these a "sport sandal" because I think of Tevas, Keens, Chacos, etc as "sport sandals" but I understand now, because I would definitely call these a WALKING SANDAL. I had a pair of Merrell's once that were a bit MORE casual than these...but still brown leather and I wore them all over because I could walk everywhere in them. So I know I'm going to get a lot of mileage out of these.

Sadly, the salesman noticed a spot on the shoe that I didn't even notice but once I did...I agreed with him that he could order them for me to ship to my house. So I didn't get to walk out of the store with new shoes :( BUT they will be shipped free to me.

I got the Luggage color...which is a perfect neutral for me...honestly, I'm not tan, BUT somehow this was like a dark kind of nude color for me...blending right into my legs in a weird kind of way.

The black was very tempting. I have enough things that I think black might look good with...and the black had some built in sparkle that was kind of subtle but not too subtle. Very tempting...

I'm very excited.:D